PDA

View Full Version : Campaign to recapture green cards

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Just trying to know how many EB3 Non-Row Active Members exists here (IV)?

If you are active, please please reply and post your PD & CC.

Mine is: EB3 04-2004 INDIA

"Visa Capture Campaign" Idea on Page2. Please share your ideas.

A Petition (Draft Version 1) is uploaded on Page 4. Please Share your ideas.

A Petition (Draft Version 2) is uploaded on Page 5. Please Share your ideas.

Campaign is live here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20190

for_gc
07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Me2.

PD - EB3-I/Oct'03

11th year on H1B

eb3_nepa
07-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Count me in

Eb3 India
PD: June 2003

leo2606
07-12-2008, 02:34 PM
count me

PD : Feb 2004

wc_user
07-12-2008, 02:35 PM
PD Dec 2002

I-485 applied July2007

mirage
07-12-2008, 02:39 PM
EB3-India Oct-2003..
Let's get some brainstorming done on what we should do and what can be done.. Lets discuss that...

warrior
07-12-2008, 03:00 PM
i am with crwod.
Pd mar 2005

lost_angeles
07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
EB3 - I
PD -- Mar 2005

nonimmi
07-12-2008, 03:04 PM
EB3 (India) Aug 2004.

willwin
07-12-2008, 03:05 PM
EB3 India 03/2005

Consular Processing; no EAD, no AP.

-Willwin

willwin
07-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, what are the options do we have in front of us?

atlgc
07-12-2008, 03:53 PM
it SUCKS big time to be eb3

Pd is june 2003

jay75
07-12-2008, 04:08 PM
EB3 I , PD nov 2004

GCOP
07-12-2008, 04:20 PM
My PD is October 2003 , EB3 ( India)

willwin
07-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Interesting!

There is no EB3 with PD 2006 or later!!

mirage
07-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I think we should get together on phone and plan something. I am thinking if all of us can get together we can meet some USCIS and DHS of homeland security officials. We need to pressurize them for some statistics of how many EB3-I applications they have pending. It is a very important stats to lan for the future. As we may start the EB-2 process just to see our EB3 dates become current next year or we keep sitting hoping our dates will become current next year and dates doesn't move for next 10 years. Who know ??? Only meeting them and asking some questions may help...People who are open for this idea please PM me..

bmoni
07-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Looks like we(EB3) are on our own.
I agree lets do some brain storming conference call or something. Put some agenda in place like how we can meet up with USCIS official or file a lawsuit pressing them to release a time line why Eb3 non ROW applications are backed up.

Its unfair ...don't get me wrong i'm happy for my brothers who got the PD current. But put yourself and see the guys who have PD 2001 and he is no different from you.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Dear friends,

Let's come up with some ideas as to what we can do. Here is the one coming up in my mind. Please let me know your thoughts.

Let's call it Visa Recapture Campaign. In this campaign, we should focus only one and very pointed goal which is recapture of visa-recapture. We can work on other reliefs (like visa exampt STEM people, etc.) in other campaigns / channels.

We can prepare a document mentioning the backlog problem occuring because of this visa wastage. The document should very pointely mention the relief we are seeking which is:

(a) direct USCIS to recapture the wasted visas. (remember the Senators directed (without passing any law) to USCIS regarding the extension of OPT time period).

OR

(b) pass the bill already introduced already in the congress.

We can hire a professional (attorney) to prepare the document. Then IV members can peronally submit this document to congressman / senator in their local area / state.

Outline of the document:

1. A table showing official figure of number of visa wasted by USCIS all these years. First we should quote the government source. Attach the un-official sources, articles, newspaper items, any senators/congress(wo)men views etc. mentioning specifically about the visa-wastage by USCIS.

2. Prepare a list of people stuck in backlog because of this visa wastage by USCIS. A table showing the real name, real address, real phone, number of Years Paid Taxes, number of Years waiting in line. This list should include primary as well as dependents.

3. Scanned copy of the hand-written personal letters of all the people mentioend in table in point 2 above.

4. List of organizations, well-know people, etc. supporting the cause. (For example, we can attach the testimony of the wittness appeared in Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren's hearing on recent immigration bills.

5. Immediate Relief sought.

GCOP
07-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with all the suggestions. Let us act. Let us write a Letter to USCIS , Majority, Minority Leaders of Congress,Congress members, President and Presidential candidates . If anybody can prepare a template Letter, will be appreciated. IV Help is very Important in leading these efforts for Solving EB-3 Delays. If required, let us organize another rally in Washington D.C.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Let's see how many people are interested. Please participate in Poll.

shantak
07-12-2008, 05:24 PM
count me in. Willing to participate

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 05:25 PM
IV Moderators,

Please change to title of this thread to "Visa Recapture Campaign"

willwin
07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
IV Moderators,

Please change to title of this thread to "Visa Recapture Campaign"

You can chnage the title as you created this thread.

trueguy
07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I am EB3-India with PD of Oct 2002

I am ready to come forward and speak in front of media if needed. I am so frustrated that I am planning to go back to India by this year end.

Thanks.

eb3retro
07-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I am EB3-India with PD of Oct 2002

I am ready to come forward and speak in front of media if needed. I am so frustrated that I am planning to go back to India by this year end.

Thanks.

me too , eb3-I jan 2003.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 06:32 PM
You can chnage the title as you created this thread.

No, I cannot. I couldn't find any such option to change the title of the Thread.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Edit and Rename your first post subject
from EB3 Non-Row Active Members
to Visa Recapture Campaign

Good Luck & Keep up the good work

I did that, but still the Name of the thread is still old.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Till now only 6 votes (including mine) :)

Good luck everyone
Its a great start
be a leader and lead

"Be the change you want to see"

mirage
07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Only 1 person has PMed me. Everybody please respond we should get together and try to fix meetings with atleast 3 people. USCIS director, Representative from DHS who works on Cut-off dates and Rep. Zoe Logfren...

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Strange, it didn't work,
Maybe send PM to Moderator ...

Sent PM to Administrator, but still no change.

willwin
07-12-2008, 07:32 PM
No, I cannot. I couldn't find any such option to change the title of the Thread.

You should change it using "advanced" edit option.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
You should change it using "advanced" edit option.

No such option in "Advanced" too.

aadimanav
07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Friends,

Where can we find the official source to show the visa wastage number by USCIS. Please do some research and post here.

Also, search for non-official but respected sources.

GCapplicant
07-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Myself too

EB3 PD 2004 July

kartikiran
07-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Count me in

PD March 2002

I-485 applied June 2007

immigrationmatters30
07-12-2008, 09:31 PM
OK.Next month EB2-I is going to be set back to April 04,then every is happy and everyone will cool down...I dont think anything is going to happen. This momentum is only the effect of EB2-I moving forware....This toooo shall pass...

trueguy
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
How does it help us? EB3-I is royally screwed and this thread is to discuss some action item for EB3-I. Please don't make it Eb2/EB3 fight.

OK.Next month EB2-I is going to be set back to April 04,then every is happy and everyone will cool down...I dont think anything is going to happen. This momentum is only the effect of EB2-I moving forware....This toooo shall pass...

Vsach
07-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Dear EB3s,

Let us fight for it.....this has to end soon!

Regards

gc_freedom
07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Count me in for this.Nothing going to happen unless we get proactive and take some steps about it.Don't just hope that USCIS will feel pity and will offer some relief by moving PD to 2004 or so.It's useless.

My PD is 2003.

Thanks,

gc_freedom

mhathi
07-12-2008, 11:28 PM
EB3 -I- PD May 2006

Stuck in EB3 due to management's decision despite having US Masters degree.:mad::(

Ready to help in the campaign

sbvw76
07-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Count me in...

h1vegas
07-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Yes plscount me in guys!
I am more than willing to help our own cause
EB3- India
PD December 2003

GCapplicant
07-12-2008, 11:57 PM

There is such a big problem in our GC's and you are not worried.
what makes you make this statement.
we are just trying to find a way out.This is like a rift between brothers and sisters here.we are happy to see 2006 in a bulletin, which has never happened before.
In what way is EB3 not qualified.
infact you should feel for EB3 2001 too.Just imagine getting stranded for so many years.
Man beleive me coudn't sleep yesterday.today just sitting and wondering whats our future.My kid's future.I am just consoling myself.

I did not get my AP also applied last year june 2007.

Having EAD is fine but for how long-4 yrs-10 yrs-

Due to circumstance we are in EB3 and unable to apply for EB2.

we dont want a seperation here...we just want to know whats our solution.

this is actually a discrimination going around.

sundarpn
07-13-2008, 01:11 AM
EB3 aug 06. Oh well :D

aadimanav
07-13-2008, 01:36 AM
I guess we need at least 1,000 members who can at the least are willing to participate in this campaign (sign the letters). Right only only 30 has said "Yes".

sc3
07-13-2008, 05:30 AM
I guess we need at least 1,000 members who can at the least are willing to participate in this campaign (sign the letters). Right only only 30 has said "Yes".

Aadminanav, Thanks for the thread. I think many are pretty disillusioned about getting any relief through legislative fixes. There have been so many bills that have either gone still-born, or was a subject of infanticide. Outside of this forum we have to deal with the CIR-based folks -- who are blocking any chance of piece meal legislations going through.

Within this forum, we are now seeing a 2-tier class system being formed (or maybe it is just me), where the EB2s dont care about EB3s hardships and EB3s are pretty frustrated about the fact that there is nothing that is being done to directly address EB3 issues.

I would say, if we want to continue to fight for EB3, which will probably come at the expense of EB2, we should go after the allocation system change. But to what end?

CIR guys are saying lets be united don't talk about fixing just the legal immigration.

EB2 are saying lets be united, don't talk about fixing the issue for EB3 (never mind that we are seriously retrogressed), lets do what is good for all of us. That is lets work towards solving EB2 problem, then EB3 wil benefit from it.

EB3s are pretty charged up now, and are saying lets talk about EB3, why should we care about others.

In the end, I no longer support CIR, they should have been supportive, or at least not an opponent of piecemeal legislations. I hope all of us now start returning the CIR guys the favor that they have done to us.

mpadapa
07-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Count me in - PD Jan 2004
Qualified for EB2 (MS + experience) but stuck on EB3 due to managements stupid decision

Here is the source for the visa wastage number
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual%20Report_2007.pdf
look in page 33-34 The table on Page 34 provides all the visa's wasted per year (1992 - 2006)

Friends,

Where can we find the official source to show the visa wastage number by USCIS. Please do some research and post here.

Also, search for non-official but respected sources.

usjeet07
07-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I am EB 3 2006.

PD September 2006.

sirinme
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
EB3 - India - July 2003

GCapplicant
07-13-2008, 11:31 AM
The folowing statement has been given by Ron Gotcher.
should this be addresed to the DOS.
Can IV clarify this with DOS.
Is this interpretation reasonable and justifiable.

Attorney at Law Join Date: Sep 2005

Re: August Visa Bulletin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that we are going to see regular worldwide EB3 start moving a bit faster. Part of the problem is that in the last year the Visa Office changed its interpretation of the law. Previously, all EB2 numbers fell down into EB3 and then the leftovers fell across into the categories for the countries that had reached the single state limit. Now, the visa office takes "unused" second preference numbers and moves them over to the countries impacted by the single state limit and does not allow numbers to fall down to third.

willwin
07-13-2008, 11:34 AM

Aadimanav,

Don't worry about numbers now.

I guess what I am saying is DOS/USCIS/Govt. are all aware how many EB3 I is stuck in retrogression. They don't need proof for that. It is already in their system.

Let us have a deadline by which we will have all volunteers who are going to support our effort. If it is 1000, good. 500 do't worry! With 500 motivated people I am sure we can convey what we wanted to.

What is more important is we are representing IV and the immigration world knows about IV. So, an organization as big as IV is behind us. That's how DOS/USCIS or lawmakers gonna see this.

Thanks for the initiative.

gc_freedom
07-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Folks just don't fall prey to the age old "divide and rule" policy.IV is there to work for entire EB community and not just EB2 or EB3 category.We are all happy about EB2 PD moving to 2006 and feeling hurt why it's not the case with EB3.

As we feel good about EB2 PD moving to 2006 EB2 folks should feel pain for us for getting stuck in GC queue for long unbearable amount of time loosing all benefits attached with GC.

Most of us in EB3 today are well qualified for EB2 and were pushed down to EB3 because of the 2000-03 circumstances when DOL said due to blah, blah, blah reasons your labor can be approved through EB3 category only and took around 3 years time to approve it and we got stuck in that hoping that one day our patience will get paid.But everyone knows what's going on.

While we work on bringing relief to the impacted EB category I urge to stay united and help the one in bad situation.

Thanks,

gc_freedom

willwin
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Besides supporting the 3 bills, what is IV core recommending to EB3 I? Do nothing more?

GCOP
07-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree that something must be done to resolve our EB-3 Problems. IV must step up the efforts, for solving EB-3 crisis. We are ready to support.Thanks for your post and Thanks to IV in advance.

Besides supporting the 3 bills, what is IV core recommending to EB3 I? Do nothing more?

willwin
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree that something must be done to resolve our EB-3 Problems. IV must step up the efforts, for solving EB-3 crisis. We are ready to support.Thanks for your post and Thanks to IV in advance.

Pappu/Paskal - Give EB3 I some direction. Use the momentum.

aadimanav
07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I have created a Petition - Draft (Version 1). I have taken some of the text from IV website and past letters.

Please go through the text. Please provide you suggestions and let's improve it. I know a lot of improvement is needed.

IV Moderators/Administrators please let us know you opinion.

Once the draft is finalized, every member can send simple mail and email and fax and personally submit the Petition to his/her local Senators/Representative.

Please keep voting.

Thanks,

srkamath
07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I have created a Petition - Draft (Version 1). I have taken some of the text from IV website and past letters.

Please go through the text. Please provide you suggestions and let's improve it. I know a lot of improvement is needed.

Once the draft is finalized, every member can send simple mail and email and fax and personally submit the Petition to his/her local Senators/Representative.

Please keep voting.

Thanks,

Excellent draft....

wantgc23
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
A demand for a more Official and Broad interpretation of "same or similar" job. Argument being, A person with PD 2001 has in past 5-7 years acquired enough skills to make a big jump in their career. As someone said, May be a software programmer is ready to be a Project Manager after 6/7 years of experience and additional skills acquired on the side {part time MBA}

Thanks for the intiative and the letter so far.

Chiwere
07-13-2008, 06:50 PM
EB3 I Jul 03

h1techSlave
07-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I will participate.

PD: EB3-I Dec 2003

h1techSlave
07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
There were discussions in this forum about linking housing and legal immigration. IV's opinion (IV spokesperson replied to queries by some of us) was that housing is not serious enough. The main reason for raising legal immigration quota is to keep the talent in America.

Now, we all know that 'keep the talent in America' campaign has not produced much results even though real heavy weight people and organizations were strongly behind such moves.

In this scenario, pushing the housing-legal immigration argument makes sense. At least the housing issue touches each and every American.

My suggestion on specific action is to have a decals in our cars with some message connecting the two (housing and legal immigration).

Eg: End housing slump by increasing Employment based legal immigration quota. www.endhousingslump.org

my only suggestion would be to link housing and immigration. In my view this is the only issue which will make the congress act. ours numbers are low but that should not matter. I know people will come up with replies saying housing issue does not matter and this is the current red hot issue ..I know some will come up with posts opposing the above ..but In advance I would like to say that what ever points you come up to shoot down the above suggestion would apply to other suggestions too.
for e.g. if they say housing by immigrants represent small amount of GDP ..then it can be said that the income earned by the immigrants is much smaller than the amount above.

aadimanav
07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Good Draft. Is this action item endorsed by IV leaders.

It is not endorsed by IV leaders. We would like them to modify it and then endorse it.

pappu
07-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Please keep voting.

Thanks,

Good draft. few points:

- Ask them what their position is on this issue and bill. Try to get a reply. If not call them and get a reply to a letter. If you get a standard letter about CIR, borders and undocumented, then go and visit them and discuss the specifics of your letter.
- You may want to also add some text that urges the lawmaker to cosponsor it. Then follow up and find out if the lawmaker is willing.
- Else find if they can support it if it is on the floor

Make a list of all your supporters and cosponsors when you run this campaign.

matreen
07-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Interesting!

Hello I am here...

EB3 - PD Jan, 2007
485 July, 07 filters....

steveed
07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
PD - March 2005

I140 Approved, 485 still not applied!!!

nshah
07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I am in

EB3 India

PD: Jan 2007

aadimanav
07-13-2008, 10:31 PM
As per Pappu's feedback, I have made some changes in the Draft Version 1.

The latest version is Draft Version 2.

Please read it. Let me know if any changes are needed.

Draft Version 2 is Attached herewith.

Thanks,

mjadala
07-14-2008, 01:32 AM
I am in.

EB3 Nov 2004

485Mbe4001
07-14-2008, 04:24 AM
count me in EB3 PD-2002 (flaky lawyer says it april or may 2002)

truthinspector
07-14-2008, 08:29 AM
PD Apr 2006 - EB3

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Looks like not many people are interested.

Nikith77
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Pd 12 2004

RandyK
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Count me in........

nirenjoshi
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Pd : 09/2003

malaGCPahije
07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Pd : 09/2003

EB3 PD Nov 2004

vban2007
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
EB2 here

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Let 's wait for "1000" yes, then will start sending the petition. IN the meantime please read the Version 2 of the Draft petition and send your comments.

Thanks,

gc_on_demand
07-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello Aadimanav

To whom we will be sending this letter once it is get finalized. I can bring some of my friends in to this campaign those may not be IV members.

Lets ask atleast 5 of our friends who are not in IV to take part so it will be easily 1000 or more ..

eb3_nepa
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Count me in.

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Please read the Version 2 of Draft Petition (on Page 5). Everyone should send at least to their local Senators, and Representative. We can also send to all Senators.

Please note right now it is just Draft. I am waiting for others to read it and suggest changes.

Thanks,

Hello Aadimanav

To whom we will be sending this letter once it is get finalized. I can bring some of my friends in to this campaign those may not be IV members.

Lets ask atleast 5 of our friends who are not in IV to take part so it will be easily 1000 or more ..

cnag
07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
count me in.

EB-3 I PD 11/2005

gc_on_demand
07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Shouldn't we make this thing top priority thing because we are taking about 45-60 days max for sessions.

Shouldn't we send it out before last week of July so atleast we can get response back by aug 1 week . or we can ask their stand by that time..

ns33
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Count me in...
Draft looks good. We can use it as it is.

probably in the draft or during the personal meeting we can use following or something similar.
A lot of us EB3s that have been in queue since 2001-2003 range have been supporting troubled industries through their really dark times - some in critical positions.
If something to this line is useful, I'll gladly provide my details to the team that may end up going to the meeting.

PD - Nov 2002.

insbaby
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Interesting!

May-2006 (Converted to PERM and lost the PD from May-2004)

acepb
07-14-2008, 02:04 PM
EB3 - India
PD - Jan 2007

Let's make this happen!

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Pappu & Other IV MOderators, Core Team, Administrators!!!!

Please read the Version 2 of the Draft on Page 5. Please make any changes if necessary. Make this as Official IV Campaign, so that more people can participate. Put a link of this on Home Page and start a separate thread for this, so that we can start counting, how many people have sent the petition.

Please reply ASAP so that people can start sending the petition.

Thanks,

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Shouldn't we make this thing top priority thing because we are taking about 45-60 days max for sessions.

Shouldn't we send it out before last week of July so atleast we can get response back by aug 1 week . or we can ask their stand by that time..

Waiting from Pappu & Others to make it official IV campaign, then we are good to go.

Thanks,

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
bump :)

dhirajs98
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Looks like not many people are interested.

EB3 India

PD Jan/04

anjs
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
I am in. EB3 I Feb 2004.

Anjs

natrajs
07-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I am in

It doesn't matter whether you are EB2 or EB3. The system is mess, until unless we get the legislative fixes in place. Nothing is going to help us.

Join in folks

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Campaign is started now:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20190