PDA

View Full Version : GC Recapture Campaign is LIVE now.

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Friends,

Campaign to recapture wasted green cards is LIVE now. Please download the attached Petition. Enter your info using Pen (instead of typing it).

Mail + Email + Fax at least to two senators of your State and your local representative. I would recommend you to send to all Senators and as many representatives as you can call.

Please note that this campaign is not in place of other campaigns run by IV. Please participate fully in other campaigns too.

Please share here who, when, and how are you going to send this petition. Also share, if you get any reply.

Please feel free to make changes in the letter/petition.

Thanks

Here is the list of Senators to whom at least one person has sent the email or fax or mail; The information is collected from the posts in this thread.

(01) Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
(02) Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
(03) George Voinvoich (R-OH)
(04) Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
(05, 06) ** 2 NJ Senators
(07, 08) ** 2 OH senators
(09) Barbara Mikulski (Maryland)
(10) Benjamin Cardin (Maryland)
(11) Mitch McConnell (KY)
(12) Jim Bunning (KY)
(13) Coleman (Minnesota)
(14) Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota)
(15) Carl Levin (MI)
(16) Debbie A. Stabenow (MI)
(17) Johhny Isakson (R-GA).
(18) Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
(19) Warner (Virginia)
(20) Webb (Virginia)

brawn81
07-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Can you please give the details of people whom to send, their name, email id, fax no .. or any other details

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Can you please give the details of people whom to send, their name, email id, fax no .. or any other details

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know, how to change the poll in this thread to a public poll?

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I have just sent an email to Senator Dianne Feinstein.

sunnyg
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Emailed to 2 Ohio Senators and 1 rep. The web site is not letting me to email Representatives other than my the one belonging to my home area. Is there anything we can do to Email it to other Representatives?

unbreakable
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I have just sent it to Senator. George Voinvoich (R-OH) and Senator. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 05:39 PM
In addition to email, send regular mail, and fax too.

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
giving a small bump. :)

rameshvaid
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Friends,

Campaign to recapture wasted green cards is LIVE now. Please download the attached Petition. Enter your info using Pen (instead of typing it).

Mail + Email + Fax at least to two senators of your State and your local representative. I would recommend you to send to all Senators and as many representatives as you can call.

Please note that this campaign is not in place of other campaigns run by IV. Please participate fully in other campaigns too.

Please share here who, when, and how are you going to send this petition. Also share, if you get any reply.

Thanks

I faxed to 2 Senators from Ohio and 1 Representative.

Keep up the good work.

RV

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Just sent an email to Senator Barbara Boxer too.

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 08:43 PM
* bump *

aadimanav
07-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Looks like it needs another BUMP.

aadimanav
07-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Only 25 Vote...

steveed
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I have printed the letters out and will be mailing them today to the 2 Senators and 13 Representatives from NJ.

kalyan
07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
sent mine through email and with the links provided in the website.

aadimanav
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
:)

aadimanav
07-15-2008, 02:49 PM
aadimanav ..is this being debated now ?? I

I guess, that's what we want them to do through this campaign.

prabasiodia
07-15-2008, 03:44 PM
1. Recapture unused visas identified by USCIS Ombudsman
2. Remove spouse and children from the numerical limit
3. Either remove country wise (diversity) quota or increase it to some respectable limits that adheres to true representation based on population and the country’s immigration quotient.
4. What about automatic GC, say after 8 or 9 or 10 years in H1/L1 status?
5. Last of all, all the recaptured numbers should go to the persons based on the very first Port Of Entry date with continuous status. It doesn’t matter whether you came on F1 went to H1 then H4. The very first POE date should rule and people that have been languishing for years should get a reprieve. It’ll only be fair that a person that came on 1999 on whatever category gets a visa first than a late comer in 2005. PD is illogical since many of us had to change jobs and do what not and start afresh and still saw no light at the end of the tunnel.

aadimanav
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
A big bump with small push. :)

GCapplicant
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Re: HR.5882 Visa re-capture bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron's comments:

I've not heard anything that specific. I know that groups like CompeteAmerica have been working very hard to get this to the floor. There are a flock of spending bills that are coming up for a vote this month and next and this is the ideal time for legislation of this sort to get attached to such a bill.

Let's take this as a positive hope.Even if this does not I strongly believe CIR will pass by next year -by OH law comments.

hemya
07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I have just sent it to Senator. George Voinvoich (R-OH) and Senator. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)

I guess we are in the same area!!!:)

aadimanav
07-16-2008, 11:00 AM

sunnyg
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I am from Columbus, Oh. I tried joining the OH chapter but couldn't get any reply. Do you know whom I should give a personal message? Also I am ready to meet or do a conference call to see if we can meet a representative or senator if possible because I see that many people here from Ohio.

sunnyg
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Mean while, I have requested 4 of my colleagues to Email Ohio senators and representatives... I will try to fax too...

sunnyg
07-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I hope that this is not an automated one.. :)

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the Department of State’s visa policies.

You raise compelling points, and your argument is an illustration of why we should work to ensure our visa polices are sound, reasonable, and equitable. Until we enact comprehensive immigration reform, we are likely to be faced with similarly difficult situations. Should legislation relating to this issue come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

aadimanav
07-16-2008, 11:55 AM
That's good.

I hope that this is not an automated one.. :)

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the Department of State’s visa policies.

You raise compelling points, and your argument is an illustration of why we should work to ensure our visa polices are sound, reasonable, and equitable. Until we enact comprehensive immigration reform, we are likely to be faced with similarly difficult situations. Should legislation relating to this issue come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

SkilledWorker4GC
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
One who introduced the bill? Or our state senetors or our Representatives? Or someone in particular? I am NJ.

aadimanav
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
One who introduced the bill? Or our state senetors or our Representatives? Or someone in particular? I am NJ.

At least to your state Senators, and your local representative.

aadimanav
07-16-2008, 08:29 PM
30,000 members and not even 1% wants to send the petition. Unbelievable.

digital2k
07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Everyone knows that and should make more noise than you think can :
Don't stop until you are heard
Pick up phone
Write Letters
Act Now
Its high time ... now is the only time ...

Everyone - Read Please -Its for Everyone

GreenCardRecaptureCampaign.doc (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=187&d=1216066733)

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...18&postcount=1 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=262818&postcount=1)

Today
Everyone should participate
Let us act to succeed Today

digital2k
07-17-2008, 12:12 AM

kavita
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I just sent the petitions to Illinois setators Richard Durbin and Barack Obama and my local representative Timothy Johnson.

For those like me, who have no idea who the senators are and who is your local representatives, use the following link:

http://directory.usayfoundation.org/

sands_14
07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Can somebody clarify?
To lead India to a good present & future,why do we send these faxes?
GC or no GC, I feel the video tells me to do the best for my nation India.
To do that,do I need immigration to US????

I am not against any camapaigns,but using the videos for this campaign doesnt look like a good idea.May I know whats the point of "Lead India " videos here :-)

This should actually make me feel "No,I dont want to apply for immigration to another country anymore".

No offence, please clarify if the intentions of putting the videos here are different???

ajay
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I sent to 3 members from Fl and 3 members from VA. I was residing in Fl and I had to move to VA due to job relocation.

Hope this helps to get some help.

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
That's great. Let everyone know if you get some reply.

I sent to 3 members from Fl and 3 members from VA. I was residing in Fl and I had to move to VA due to job relocation.

Hope this helps to get some help.

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I just sent the petitions to Illinois setators Richard Durbin and Barack Obama and my local representative Timothy Johnson.

For those like me, who have no idea who the senators are and who is your local representatives, use the following link:

That's great. Let everyone know if you get some reply.

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Did anyone else get any reply?

punjabi77
07-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Emailed and Faxed the letter to Saxby Chambliss, US senator of Georgia

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Emailed and Faxed the letter to Saxby Chambliss, US senator of Georgia

That's great.

cygent
07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks aadimanav,

I have emailed & faxed Rep. Henry Waxman, CA 30th District
Also 2 legislators here - Senator Sheila Kuehl and Senator Mark Ridley Thomas
Update: Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer as well

I will send more tomorrow, and will post here. Come on People. The time is NOW.

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks aadimanav,

I have emailed & faxed Rep. Henry Waxman, CA 30th District
Also 2 legislators here - Senator Sheila Kuehl and Senator Mark Ridley Thomas

Come on Peeple. The time is NOW.

In title you mentioned "los angeles" but you havne't sent to Senators from CA.

cygent
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
In title you mentioned "los angeles" but you havne't sent to Senators from CA.

Hi aadimanav,

Yes, They are from California. They represent the district I live in. Am I missing something here?

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 09:07 PM
In US Congress, following two are Senators from California:

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D- CA)
Senator Barbara Boxer (D- CA)

I think the senators which you mentioned are from CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE (State Government).

Try the following websites

Thanks,

Hi aadimanav,

Yes, They are from California. They represent the district I live in.

cygent
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Of course, My bad! They were the next 2 on my list, I have already printed out the letter and am filling it in right now! I have already sent letters to them in a previous campaign.

Thanks again for your due diligence!!

aadimanav
07-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Of course, My bad! They were the next 2 on my list, I have already printed out the letter and am filling it in right now! I have already sent letters to them in a previous campaign.

Thanks again for your due diligence!!

Let everyone know if and when you get any response.

Thanks,

sirinme
07-17-2008, 11:48 PM
I mailed letters to the following today.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Sen. Barbara Boxer
Rep. Zoe Lofgren

cygent
07-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Let everyone know if and when you get any response.

Yes, I will definitely let you guys know! I had noted this point in the 1st post!

aadimanav
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I mailed letters to the following today.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Sen. Barbara Boxer
Rep. Zoe Lofgren

Great.

willwin
07-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Aadimanav or anyone,

I am planning to send a letter to President, First Lady, DOS chief besides other Govt. rep. Anyone has the addresses?

I am in CP and I am writing to them to allow CP filers who are already working here in the US to file for AOS (even if the PD is not current) anticipating a very long delay for EB3 I. That way we could get atleast the minimal benefits like EAD, AP.

If any CP filers from EB3 I wanna join me, more than welcome!

aadimanav
07-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Aadimanav or anyone,

I am planning to send a letter to President, First Lady, DOS chief besides other Govt. rep. Anyone has the addresses?

I am in CP and I am writing to them to allow CP filers who are already working here in the US to file for AOS (even if the PD is not current) anticipating a very long delay for EB3 I. That way we could get atleast the minimal benefits like EAD, AP.

If any CP filers from EB3 I wanna join me, more than welcome!

You may want to start a new thread regarding this letter. :)

12samanta
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I am planning to send letters in regular mail. What is the best address, senators local address or DC address. Any suggestions?

aadimanav
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Please try the following websites

Thanks,

I am planning to send letters in regular mail. What is the best address, senators local address or DC address. Any suggestions?

kumarc123
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Hello All
I just sent the letter to Senator Benjamin L. Cardin for the state of MD. I called spoke to the receptionist in his office and she guided me on how to submit this letter. Now I am working on another submission. Guys please work with us and contact as many as you can, it will eventually help us.

Thanks

insbaby
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
www.informationweek.com/news/management/h1b/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=209100686

485Mbe4001
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Was there a bill to create this category or this was decision taken by the USCIS.

Its a good move, I know that this initiative was started by an Officer from US Army whose interpreter was getting death threats for helping the US. When he saw that it was not an isolated incidence he started lobbying the state department to create a separate category. I have been following that story for a couple of months, but was not aware that a bill was passed to create a new category or visas. (i am sure, that USCIS cannot take a unilateral decision to add more visas or else why would we be begging for recapture bills)

www.informationweek.com/news/management/h1b/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=209100686

jonty_11
07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Was there a bill to create this category or this was decision taken by the USCIS.

Its a good move, I know that this initiative was started by an Officer from US Army whose interpreter was getting death threats for helping the US. When he saw that it was not an isolated incidence he started lobbying the state department to create a separate category. I have been following that story for a couple of months, but was not aware that a bill was passed to create a new category or visas. (i am sure, that USCIS cannot take a unilateral decision to add more visas or else why would we be begging for recapture bills)
Whcih categories do Political Asylees or Refugees get into?

I think that is an Open category and anyone who can show that their life is in danger in their Homeland can apply...For Iraq, since tehre are too many, they may be limiting 5K per year...

aadimanav
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
* bump *

12samanta
07-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Yesterday i sent letters by mail to OH 2 senators and 1 representative.

Openarms
07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I sent 5 letters, to congressman, senators and Mr. President also. (over reaction, isn't it?%$)
Gurus, keep sending letters this is good for EB3-I.. I guess...

485Mbe4001
07-22-2008, 03:04 PM
I have sent letters and contacted my congressman so many times that i am beinging to doubt that they even care. The staff understands the issue, provide sympathetic answers, but overall there is little progress. Everyone agrees that this bill is good and non controvertial.

I sent 5 letters, to congressman, senators and Mr. President also. (over reaction, isn't it?%$)
Gurus, keep sending letters this is good for EB3-I.. I guess...

aadimanav
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Dear Mr. ___________

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5921. I appreciate your taking the time to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) has introduced H.R.5882 to improve the reliability of the system in which employment-based and family-based visas are issued to foreign nationals. As you may know, many of these category-based immigrant visas have not been issued over the past few years due to backlogs and processing delays at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. H.R. 5882 would help prevent such losses by making available an estimated 218,000 employment-based and family-based green cards that have been unused in past years.

In addition, Congresswoman Lofgren has introduced H.R. 5921, the "High Skilled Per Country Level Elimination Act," to remove the per country limit on employment-based immigrants. You may be aware that U.S. immigration laws limit every country to 7 percent of the worldwide level of U.S. immigrant admissions. This per-country level is established by the U.S. State Department to act as a "barrier against monopolization" and to provide fair opportunities for all skilled and professional workers from around the world. H.R. 5921 would remove per-country limits and would no longer allow unused family- or employment-based visas to be used interchangeably.

Please know that both H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5921 are under review by the House Committee on the Judiciary. However, no companion bills have been introduced in the United States Senate. I think it is important to recognize that our immigration policies must make national security a central priority while at the same time helping to facilitate family reunification and labor demands here in the United States. I will continue to pressure Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff to ensure that any policy to expedite visas does not compromise our standards for accepting individuals into the United States, nor the integrity of our immigration system. Be assured that I have taken note of your support for these bills, and I will keep your thoughts in mind should related legislation come before me in the United States Senate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. If you have any additional questions or comments, please call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours, Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

stupendousman11
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Have printed out the petition. Will be sending out to 2 Senators and all 13 Representatives in North Carolina.

aadimanav
08-14-2008, 09:49 AM
bump

punjabi77
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Can you make modification to the letter, like Hr5882 has passed the sub-commitee and waiting for the approval in the next phase.
also this bill is for Skilled legal immigrants only and has nothing to do with the illegal immigrants.
One benefit of passing this bill will also boost the economy as skilled legal immigrants will be in the market to buy new homes (clrealry mentioned in the statement of Greenspan).

last time is sent this letter to senator in Ga, he replied back in regards to increasing the number of H1B..Yeah he replied for h1B and he wrote a long email. this time i am going to clear his confusion..

aadimanav
08-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Treat the letter as a template, and feel free to make any changes.

Txs

Can you make modification to the letter, like Hr5882 has passed the sub-commitee and waiting for the approval in the next phase.
also this bill is for Skilled legal immigrants only and has nothing to do with the illegal immigrants.
One benefit of passing this bill will also boost the economy as skilled legal immigrants will be in the market to buy new homes (clrealry mentioned in the statement of Greenspan).

last time is sent this letter to senator in Ga, he replied back in regards to increasing the number of H1B..Yeah he replied for h1B and he wrote a long email. this time i am going to clear his confusion..

javadeveloper
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Faxed to Senators and Representative

hope49
08-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Sent the email to Senator Barbara Boxer

java4yogi
08-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Sent emails to Senator Dianne Feinstein (D- CA), Senator Barbara Boxer (D- CA)

Printed out copies, will post those also.
Thanks for taking the initiative.

calboy78
08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I am in CA and sent to Barbara Boxer and Diana Feinstein
Emailed it - 5 minutes
Faxed it - 5 minutes
Packed the letters into envelope, ready to be dropped in mailbox: 10 minutes

== total 20 minutes

Those who are still waiting:
Folks, if you can't do something for yourself - NOBODY ELSE WILL. This is your future - Please do it.
PLEASE, don't be a "passive" spectator of this forum. A change in the process requires some action..not the exhibition of frustration.
It is costing @ most 20 minutes and less than a dollar. The outcome will be PRICELESS.

Go IV !!!

aadimanav
08-15-2008, 07:28 PM
* bump *

gc_on_demand
08-15-2008, 09:42 PM
bump

trueguy
08-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I got a reply for these letters from my local Senator. She just said thank you for expressing my opinion about this bill and she gave me the latest status on it.

Thanks.

rayoflight
08-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Emailed 2 Senators: Barbara Mikulski and Benjamin Cardin
&
My Congressman: Chris Van Hollen

I am from Maryland

Link to contact the Congress: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Cheers,
K

aadimanav
08-17-2008, 10:14 AM
I got a reply for these letters from my local Senator. She just said thank you for expressing my opinion about this bill and she gave me the latest status on it.

Thanks.

Who is your local Senator?

aadimanav
08-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Bumping one more time.

jethro11
08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi,
I e-mailed and faxed the green card recapture bill support campaign to the KY senators and rep:

Sen Mitch McConnell
Sen Jim Bunning
Rep Ron Lewis

I am mailing out the letters to them tomorrow. Will keep you all posted if they reply.

bayarea07
08-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Looks like there is not much focus on this thread now, we should really Bump this Thread up so as to get Maximun Visability on the home page.

This is our last chance to get the new bill approved so i would suggest to go full steam.

sujijag
08-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Emailed and Faxed to two of my local senators and Representative.

Time: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:32 PM
Pages: 3 of 3
Subject: Provide Immediate Relief to Highly Skilled Foreign LEGAL Workers
Call Duration: 57 second(s)
Called Fax Machine ID: US SENATE

Recipient:
Name: Senator Dianne
Company:
Voice:
Fax: 1-202-228-3954
Title:

aadimanav
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Looks like there is not much focus on this thread now, we should really Bump this Thread up so as to get Maximun Visability on the home page.

This is our last chance to get the new bill approved so i would suggest to go full steam.

Who did you send the letter/petition? The reason I am asking so that I can update the list on page 1.

trueguy
08-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Who is your local Senator?

I am from Minnesota and senators are Norm Coleman and Amy Klobuchar. The reply I got was from Amy Klobuchar.

aadimanav
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I am from Minnesota and senators are Norm Coleman and Amy Klobuchar. The reply I got was from Amy Klobuchar.

Can you paste here the exact reply?

Thanks,

aadimanav
08-20-2008, 09:37 AM
bump

starscream
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
bump

sj2273
08-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Sent emails to:
Senator Carl Levin (D- MI)
Senator Debbie A. Stabenow

aadimanav
08-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Source: www.immigration-law.com

08/20/2008: Immigration Reauthorization Bills and Senate Needs a Political Push

* There are four reauthorization legislative bills in the Congress. (1) Conrad 30 NIW bill , (2) Regional Center Pilot Investment bill (EB-5), (3) Nonministerial Religious Worker R-1 and Special Immigration bill, and (4) E-Verify Electronic Employment Authorization bill. The E-Verify reauthorization bill is very controversial adn currently facing a stong political opposition from political forces. The House passed the first three bills and forwarded to the Senate quite some time back, but as we reported on 08/02/2008, the Senate floor referred the bills to the Senate Judiciary at the last minute before the Senate left the Hill on August 2, 2008. These bills are currently presented to the Senate in two different formats: One is the format of the Senate's consent to each of these House bills separately. The other is Senator Specter's consolidated bill that put together all of these four bills into one bill. Obviously, Senator Specter's strategy must have been to tie the reauthorization bills to the controversial E-Verify Reauthorization bill. We reported that he apparently changed his mind and was pressuring the Senate Majority Leader to introduce E-Verify bill in the Senate first. Accordingly, it is unclear which strategies will work better to get these reauthorization bills passed in the Senate before they return to the election recess in early October.
* The Senate is scheduled to return to the session on September 5, 2008, Friday, and to pick up the defense appropriation billl debates. The House is not scheduled to return to the session until September 8, 2008, Monday. Procedurally, unless each of the reauthorization bills is consented by the Senate floor without amendment, they will have to go to the conference committee or the House just consent to the Senate's amendment. The problem is the House bills were referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee just before the recess and unless a sufficient political pressure is added to the Judiciary Committee Chairman Lehey, they are destined to go nowhere when it comes to the time frame. On the other hand, Senator's consolidated bill faces its own problem because of the E-Verify reauthorization proposal. Besides, even if the Senate floor quickly takes up this consolidated bill, since it is a Senate bill, it will have to be presented to the House for their consent for the Senate versions. The question is how and when all of these actions will be taken up by the leaders of the Senate. The answer appears to be obvious. The relevant immigrant communities must recharge themselves and act quickly to add pressure on the Senate leaders to take up the bills quickly as soon as they return to the session. Probably it may be too late to attach these bills to the defense appropriation bill which they will pick up on the first day of their return to the Senate.

feedfront
08-20-2008, 06:16 PM
I faxed to 2 Senators from CA and 1 Representative.

Good Luck!

msreddy_c
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
sent to 2 representatives in TX

aadimanav
08-20-2008, 07:43 PM
sent to 2 representatives in TX

You mean the Senators?

gc_on_demand
08-21-2008, 12:08 AM
bump

sri1309
08-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Guys,

I have once again sent 6 letters by mail to 6 members, but I would like to send to more by email. Can somebody please direct me to how to get those or if you have, please paste it here so that we can start sending emails also.
We must bump up our efforts as much as we can before the Oct bulletin comes out, but EB3 needs to do better. There is not much difference between the two categories when it comes to skill EB2 or EB3. As all of you know, the system is broken. There are Masters degree holders in both categories and experienced categores in both. Not long back we saw Eb3 doing better. This is not right guys,. Lets work together.

EB2 guys( those who do not want to support EB3)::
What will you do, in EB3 shoes, if the numbers are not moving in 2-3 months. You got it. MOst of them will change to EB2, right. I will too. I am sure you can imagine the scene then. I know 8 of my 15 friends have already jumped to EB2. And I am sure they have much higher priority date than most of EB2s there. So you know what to expect. Lets ALL support for the common cause.
Sri.

aadimanav
08-21-2008, 11:11 AM
bump

s_r_e_e
08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Is this campign for the next step of 'recapture bill' ?

I think, not many are aware of this campign. The title sounds similar to some old action item.
________
property for sale Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

aadimanav
08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Until the recapture bill passes, this action items will remain LIVE!!!

aadimanav
08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Everyone is acknowledging that Recapture Bill will help everyone, but no one is willing to do anything.

Next month, Congress will be in session for a very small interval of time, then why not try to do our best as much as we can regarding this bill.

EB3-I/04-2004.

punjabi77
08-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Emailed the letter to GA Senator Johhny Isakson (R-Ga).

I had got a reply back from Another senatoer Saxby CHambliss (R-Ga) for the same letter when i had sent it last month during the initial campaign. He misunderstood the letter and replied back in regards to increase in H1B Quota. So i replied back to his email and clarified on that and pasted the content of the letter again.
Waiting to hear from him.

aadimanav
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
just a routine bump

aadimanav
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
A small BUMP for BIG expectation. :)

stillhopefull
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
not sure if it is too late, but I just sent to Sen. Warner and Sen. Webb of Virginia.

Thanks!

vinerva
08-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Guys,
I think all of us EB2 ( including yours truly) are guilty of too much analysis paralysis of EB2 visa no.s for the remainfer of FY 08. With today's post by a lawyer on DOS communication to USCIS to stop allocating visa numbers to India/China till OCT 1 , 08, it is clear that USCIS will never get its act straight unless we are completely united and press on for a major drive to senators to pass the visa recapture bill ( regardless of EB2 and EB3) . So let us start flooding the senators inbox, voicemail and email with letters urging them to pass the recapture bill. To that extent I request all of you double your efforts. The next session of senate, which starts next month, is a short session and we should act NOW. otherwise nothing will happen until late next year.

485Mbe4001
08-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome back, the only way we can see progress is by getting some bills passed. Lets all work towards getting something done with the logfren bills.

Guys,
I think all of us EB2 ( including yours truly) are guilty of too much analysis paralysis of EB2 visa no.s for the remainfer of FY 08. With today's post by a lawyer on DOS communication to USCIS to stop allocating visa numbers to India/China till OCT 1 , 08, it is clear that USCIS will never get its act straight unless we are completely united and press on for a major drive to senators to pass the visa recapture bill ( regardless of EB2 and EB3) . So let us start flooding the senators inbox, voicemail and email with letters urging them to pass the recapture bill. To that extent I request all of you double your efforts. The next session of senate, which starts next month, is a short session and we should act NOW. otherwise nothing will happen until late next year.

aadimanav
08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
not sure if it is too late, but I just sent to Sen. Warner and Sen. Webb of Virginia.

Thanks!

Nope, you are on time......:)

ksrk
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Just sent emails and mailed hand-written and signed letters to Senators Boxer and Feinstien in Calif. both to their DC and SF offices.

Will send a few more to local representatives. Hope we can enable Congress to make this change in legislation before Election '08. If we can, it will be quite an achievement!