PDA

View Full Version : senator vs congressman

neeidd
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Guys,

I have some problem with my I-485 and would like to meet a senator or congressman. Just wondering who is powerful between senator vs congressman to deal with I-485 immigration issues. Please advice!

Thanks

immi_enthu
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I have some problem with my I-485 and would like to meet a senator or congressman. Just wondering who is powerful between senator vs congressman to deal with I-485 immigration issues. Please advice!

Thanks

Sorry, I have no idea who is stronger but I think a congressman is eihter a Senator or Representative. So I guess your question is : Is a Senator stronger or Representative stronger ?

All I know is there are two Senator per State (total 100). And variable number of representatives based on the size of the state (total 435).

waitnwatch
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Don't think it matters who is stronger - in fact you might as well contact both offices. The important thing ultimately is who would be more willing to help you out.

neeidd
07-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Sorry, I have no idea who is stronger but I think a congressman is eihter a Senator or Representative. So I guess your question is : Is a Senator stronger or Representative stronger ?

All I know is there are two Senator per State (total 100). And variable number of representatives based on the size of the state (total 435).
Thanks for the reply immi_enthu

neeidd
07-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Don't think it matters who is stronger - in fact you might as well contact both offices. The important thing ultimately is who would be more willing to help you out.
Thanks for the reply, waitnwatch

pd_recapturing
07-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks
What kind of problem , you have with your 485 ? Could you please share it with us ? I am also trying to congressman of my area ?

add78
07-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Neither is stronger/weaker than the other as they are representatives in different houses of congress.
Contact your local congressman/congresswoman first.
You can find your representative here - https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml
A congressman deals with a much smaller geographical region (called congressional district) and would be more attuned to your individual case/problems.
You also should contact your senator but remember he / she has to represent the entire state. But it could very well happen that a good senator with great empathy to people may respond / help better than your congressman/woman.

neeidd
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Neither is stronger/weaker than the other as they are representatives in different houses of congress.
Contact your local congressman/congresswoman first.
You can find your representative here - https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml
A congressman deals with a much smaller geographical region (called congressional district) and would be more attuned to your individual case/problems.
You also should contact your senator but remember he / she has to represent the entire state. But it could very well happen that a good senator with great empathy to people may respond / help better than your congressman/woman.
Thanks a lot for the info, add78

Regards