PDA

View Full Version : GC Immigration status - Book Publish

sumanitha
10-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Core team,

Did you think of publishing a Book on Immigrant and non-immigrant people status across USA and see how it sells in the market. If it is a good hit, you can use this as a fund raiser as well as presenting it to a lot of senators and other Congress members.

You can use some of the person's story and present it in a way that it makes a huge market hit.

Was just an idea/thought.

Can delete this thread if it is a stupid idea.

nixstor
10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I personally like the thought. Writing a book is no joke and the next part is getting it published. How ever, given the time frame and the tasks at hand I dont think any one in this battle for getting some sort of relief can afford to do it. But its some thing that IV can consider in the long run or can provide data/stories (good and bad) to already well known authors like David Heenan and Richard Florida. But again, They have already written books on the subject. Just my opinion.

nb_des
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
It is a good idea and if written properly it will definetely sell. However it takes time to write a book and then to get publisher. Easier said than done I guess.
Core team,

Did you think of publishing a Book on Immigrant and non-immigrant people status across USA and see how it sells in the market. If it is a good hit, you can use this as a fund raiser as well as presenting it to a lot of senators and other Congress members.

You can use some of the person's story and present it in a way that it makes a huge market hit.

Was just an idea/thought.

Can delete this thread if it is a stupid idea.

GCSOON-Ihope
10-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Forget books, we need a good movie!
I am sure that Michael Moore ("9/11") would be the ideal filmmaker for that matter. Any idea how to contact him?

go_gc_way
10-17-2006, 05:21 PM
someone in new york city recently put together a documentary called "Man Push Cart" about the street vendors in the city, who are all immigrants.
If anyone has a contact in film school and they are willing to make a short movie about our problems in an imaginative way, that would be great press for us. Doesn't have to be a full length feature - maybe just a 7-12 minute film with our problems highlighted.
too late for the lame duck session though :(

I have seen another similar show at Ellis Island when was there to see NYC. There was a limited time period drama of a Russian Family immigrating to US and their successful settlement later.

If any one can write script for such a drama on our lives -- I am sure it will be an interesting one.