PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Action ...

rkm
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
http://capwiz.com/aila2/issues/alert/?alertid=9100046&type=CO

gcnirvana
10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
RKM,
This is being discussed in another thread. Please follow the instructions there as it has some edits which is specific to our cause. Please check out:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2019&page=2

Thanks
GCNirvana

p_aluri
10-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Congressman Pete Stark <petemail@mail.house.gov> to me
Hide options 2:31 pm (2 hours ago)

From: Congressman Pete Stark <petemail@mail.house.gov> Mailed-By: mail.house.gov

Reply-To: .@unknown.house.gov
To: reddyaluri@gmail.com
Date: Oct 17, 2006 2:31 PM
Subject: A message from Congressman Pete Stark

Dear Mr. Aluri:

Thank you for contacting me about H-1B visas.

I oppose issuing more H-1B visas because there are still many unemployed
American high-tech workers and because H-1Bs undermine the rights of
immigrant employees, with the threat of deportation if they don't accept the
wages and working conditions offered them.

If certain skills become scarce relative to demand, then salary offers for
those jobs will increase, enticing more people to acquire those skills. The
real problem is that with our abysmal education system, Americans are left
unable to compete for high-skill jobs. In cases where American workers are
unavailable for a particular job, I support significantly raising fees
charged to companies who use H-1B visas and dedicating the money to science
and math education.

Sincerely,

Pete Stark
Member of Congress

FHS/bcm

Confirmation # 290696

I cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. If this message has been
forwarded it may have been modified from its original content.

gcnirvana
10-17-2006, 08:16 PM
This is exactly what we were worried about. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE H1-B INCREASE DEMANDS IN YOUR EMAIL and I reiterate it in BOLD :mad:
Lets focus on the changes that will affect the GC Process and please dont let your legislators go off on a tangent.

From: Congressman Pete Stark <petemail@mail.house.gov> Mailed-By: mail.house.gov

Dear Mr. Aluri:

and math education.

Sincerely,

Pete Stark
Member of Congress

FHS/bcm

Confirmation # 290696

willgetgc2005
10-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Early today, I had posted this so people dont have to re invent the wheel.

For those who like it, please use this along with your personal story.

This is without the H1 B provisions.

American businesses are facing a serious crisis due to an ever﷓present, continually growing, and now crippling employment﷓based (EB) green card backlog for permanent hires. I urge you to take immediate steps to fix this problem in the lame duck session after the November elections.
The lame duck session offers the last chance this year to provide American businesses the relief they urgently need to remain afloat and retain their competitive edge over companies around the world. Only by permanently the EB cap numbers, as the SKIL Bill introduced in both the House (H.R. 5744) and Senate (S. 2691) proposes, and as was also passed in the Senate as part of its Comprehensive Immigration Reform package (S. 2611), can American businesses continue to function.
The EB visa programs are vital tools necessary to keep the U.S. economy competitive in the world market and to keep jobs in America. Far from harming U.S. workers and the U.S. economy, highly educated foreign professionals benefit our country by allowing U.S. employers to develop new products, undertake groundbreaking research, implement new projects, expand operations, create additional new jobs, and compete in the global marketplace. As President Bush has remarked, if these professionals are not permitted to come to the U.S. to share their expertise, they will go to other countries and benefit companies abroad instead. The end result will be American jobs lost and American projects losing out to foreign competition, with devastating long﷓term consequences for the U.S. economy.
A crisis is occurring with EB green cards. Backlogs have resulted for individuals coming from high﷓demand countries, even when the overall cap has not been reached and regardless of the fact that these high﷓demand countries are often the only source of individuals capable of filling high﷓skilled jobs American businesses need. Those caught in the backlog are forced to spend up to seven years waiting, unable to become true stakeholders in our country, putting their lives on hold in the hopes that a green card will eventually become available to them. Not surprisingly, these talented professionals often tire of waiting and leave the U.S. to put their knowledge and skills to use in other countries eager to compete with and surpass the U.S.
Every day that passes without access to these high﷓skilled workers is a lost opportunity for growth, productivity, and innovation. But this need not be the case.
By passing legislation that provides EB green card backlog relief, you will be showing your support for enabling the best and brightest from around the globe to contribute their skills and knowledge to the U.S. economy, which is good for American workers, American businesses, and our long﷓term economic health.

__________________________________________________ _____

This is exactly what we were worried about. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE H1-B INCREASE DEMANDS IN YOUR EMAIL and I reiterate it in BOLD :mad:
Lets focus on the changes that will affect the GC Process and please dont let your legislators go off on a tangent.

perm2gc
10-17-2006, 09:03 PM

Dear Mr. Aluri:

and math education.

Sincerely,

Pete Stark
Member of Congress

FHS/bcm

Confirmation # 290696

I dont think we are here to ask Senators to support H1B increase... we have larger problem than it....Please do not email senators regarding H1B increase..which will have adverse effect on the IV effort.If you want to email them..email them regarding the GC backlogs issue and ask them for support.

Please watch the user profile..when they joined and are the issues posted by the user are pertinent to IV efforts/agenda.

brb2
10-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I am surprised as to why ANY one would write anything to a house member for rights of NON-citizens 3 weeks prior to an election! On top of it, Pete is a liberal union supporting democrat for whom H1B workers are an anthema. It is the republicans who would be concerned if US businesses were put at a disadvantage compared to its competitors not the Democrats.

I would not write about anything to any house member at this time. Their only aim is to get elected and only the interests of those have a vote will matter now, not increasing quota for H1B visas.

senthil1
10-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Actually according to me IV is trying too much that is hard to acheive.
Increase in H1 to 115k is fine. After that 20% increase every year is too much and there will not be any restriction and that may increase the immigration so much and that may be really threat to current immigrants as well as American citizens. Already lot of companies are applying Blanket L1s. Also exemptions for Stem+3 and MS degree holders will increase immigration so much and tough to get passed. I think just increase of gc to 300k will resolve the problem for next 5 years. Also it is easy to go through Senate and House. But if we keep on trying to lot of provisions that will dealy the process. If we ask exemption for those who are having PHD that is reasonable and that will increase number of scientists and we can justify.

GoneSouth
10-18-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure we should be losing focus by supporting H1-B increases as well. That is a seperate, more controversial issue. Possibly we should start a splinter group called non-immigration voice. ;)

Let's stick with expediting processing of current, legal green card applicants.

GS

brb2
10-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Well the STEM graduates getting a green light to go in to the US workforce will go through regardless of any increase in the H1B quota. The US Citizen enrollment in STEM programs in the US Universities is perilously low, and no way the US will let these highly qualified group of young people go back and compete against US businesses. I think this measure is easy to pass, since the US will only be catching up with Australia, UK and Canada on this.

Actually according to me IV is trying too much that is hard to acheive.
Increase in H1 to 115k is fine. After that 20% increase every year is too much and there will not be any restriction and that may increase the immigration so much and that may be really threat to current immigrants as well as American citizens. Already lot of companies are applying Blanket L1s. Also exemptions for Stem+3 and MS degree holders will increase immigration so much and tough to get passed. I think just increase of gc to 300k will resolve the problem for next 5 years. Also it is easy to go through Senate and House. But if we keep on trying to lot of provisions that will dealy the process. If we ask exemption for those who are having PHD that is reasonable and that will increase number of scientists and we can justify.