PDA

View Full Version : House representatives

mdforgc
02-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi
I am putting together an excel worksheet with all house reps, states, party, immigration grading so that we can work on contacting the right people instead of trying to contact everyone. for example there is no point in trying to talk to Tancredo, finding out this info, I think it vital in starting our efforts of contacting by phone and fax, other than peronsal visits. I will prepare the file and send to one of the supermoderators so that they can post it in a secure place for people to view and find someone in their district to contact them.

Berkeleybee
02-18-2006, 01:30 PM
We already have such a spreadsheet for CA. We have a flag for whether or not a rep belongs to the House Immigration Caucus.

I've been trying (with little success, since our webteam is so overwhelmed) to arrange for a copy to be put on our resources page, so we don't duplicate efforts.

best,
Berkeleybee

mdforgc
02-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Good. I am trying to make one for the whole country, coz I think this is what we really need to work on in addition to meeting the lawmakers, rally and other stuff. I think we need to get this thru the house, I think it will pass the senate, and in any case there are fewere senators to work on

logiclife
02-19-2006, 02:35 AM
Under the resources tab, under "Legislators contact info" you can see the contact link for House Committe on immigration members and the Senate Sub Committe on immigration link too.

Thanks,
logiclife.

mdforgc
02-19-2006, 06:39 AM
I will use it too, I whould get this done in a week or less and be available to all to use to decide how to use the time best

Berkeleybee
02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Mdforgc,

Are you putting in district office info too? That is what most people will need to get in touch with staffers.

I used this link http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/index.html

1. Put in the state and you get a state level list with DC address and numbers, DC emails. Each lawmaker's name is clickable and gives you their webpage. This can be copied in to excel.

2. Then if you click on each lawmaker's name -- you get their webpage, including info on their district offices. I cut and paste these into district office address and phone, fax columns created in the same spreadsheet.

Whichever way you're doing this, once you are done, let me know -- we'll get it on to the resources section of our webpage.

best,
Berkeleybee