PDA

View Full Version : NBC is processing I-485 based on RD not PD

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
ok..this is continuation to my previous notorious thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20304

I spoke to the CS agent at TSC just now and I more information (consistent from previous one)

Me-) Hello, my case, blah-blah
CS -) same..starts reading online version...
Me-) Interrupted in between and said last time I spoke they said call after 30 days to know where do you stand on NBC processing
CS -) Unfortunately I dont see any info
Me -) Last time one of your colleague was able to give more information..
CS -) I am sorry..I am not able to send a message to your SRC..can you call back after 2,3 hours
Me -) Maam..Last time agent took my zip code and she was able to tell me how many days I will have to wait before I can expect an interview letter..are you sure that you cannot do anything? atleast can you tell me if NC is cleared?
CS -) Goes blank for few seconds..then can you give me your SRC again
Me -) I gave..
CS -) Hold on..few secs..sorry can you give me SRC again..hold on..few secs..can you give me again..really sorry..hold on....
CS -) Can you tell me your application date?
Me -) I am sorry..what did you ask for?
CS -) The date you sent your application to TSC ====> I guess this is RD she was asking
Me -) I didnt remember on top of head..so I said Aug 7th.
CS -) She asked my Zipcode (btw, I am from Tampa)
CS -) OK..this is what I am seeing here
you are 103 days ahead of NBC's processing time
Me -) Clueless..I am sorry, what did you say? can you tell me what is that mean?
CS -) NBC's is right now processing I-485s received by April 21st, 2007.
And you are in queue and it will take them 103 days before they can open your file
Me -) ok..those processing dates belong to NBC or local field office?
CS -) No..they are NBC's I-485 processing dates.
Me -) Thank you..Maam..can I have your badge number again.
CS -) Thanks and welcome and dont hesitate to call again(for those who think otherwise)

Well...my next steps as I think.

a) Write to our congressman
---Per DOS I am eligible for a visa..and per DOS, CIS is supposed to process application by PD not RD..

b) File Ombudsman complaint.

Experts, please advise which is better or anything else?

delhirocks
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
I am not commenting on the merits of the policy, but as far as I understand, this has always been the case.

PD is the 1st cutoff date that determines whether you are current or not, once it is determined that your dates are current (i.e. eligible for a visa/gc), RD comes into play. USCIS (IMO) process (likely to process) FIFO based on RD.

In this scenario, based on Aug VB, Raj with a PD of May-06 and RD of 07/01/07, is likely to get a GC before Ashok whose PD is Jun-04 and RD of 08/14/07 (all else being equal)

Legal
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I am not commenting on the merits of the policy, but as far as I understand, this has always been the case.

PD is the 1st cutoff date that determines whether you are current or not, once it is determined that your dates are current (i.e. eligible for a visa/gc), RD comes into play. USCIS (IMO) process (likely to process) FIFO based on RD.

In this scenario, based on Aug VB, Raj with a PD of May-06 and RD of 07/01/07, is likely to get a GC before Ashok whose PD is Jun-04 and RD of 08/14/07 (all else being equal)

I have seen this discussion gazillion times on this board. Does anyone have authentic link to a USCIS document outlining the policy- whether they pick up the case to adjudicate by RD, or PD?

micofrost
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I have seen this discussion gazillion times on this board. Does anyone have authentic link to a USCIS document outlining the policy- whether they pick up the case to adjudicate by RD, or PD?

how many zeroes will make one gazillion :)

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM

see notes from Googler here
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18581&page=4

it appears it is mentioned somewhere in the Aytes memo

gondalguru
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
What is NBC???

National Benefit Center??

Is that like a local office v/s service centers (TSC, NSC)

EB based I-485 are filed at service centers. Then how come your case is pending at NBC? Do the transfer cases to NBC?

Just curious.

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Whichever PIG dropped this cowardly anonymous comment in my reputation, probably stapled his balls when he sent his application.

Its a shame, that he has no guts (understandingly) to post a comment openly here,

"Do you understand that you were not talking to the TSC Immigration Information Officer ? but a call center....Moron, another ridculous thread and a even worse wrong info."

:cool:

I dont care if admins ban me..I dont think my GC or Job is related what you guys think..I we conduct a Psychometric test, number of psychos on this site will cross combined ones on all anti-IV sites.

What a POS you are.:rolleyes:

Legal
What is NBC???

EB based I-485 are filed at service centers. Then how come your case is pending at NBC? Do the transfer cases to NBC?

Just curious.

I also used to wonder, whether they call and speak with Brian Williams or Matt Lauer?

gimme_GC2006
What is NBC???

Just curious.

some random cases are transferred to NBC. which are supposed to take a look and decide if the case is worth an interview at local office.

mita
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Whichever PIG dropped this cowardly anonymous comment in my reputation, probably stapled his balls when he sent his application.

Its a shame, that he has no guts (understandingly) to post a comment openly here,

:cool:

I dont care if admins ban me..I dont think my GC or Job is related what you guys think..I we conduct a Psychometric test, number of psychos on this site will cross combined ones on all anti-IV sites.

What a POS you are.:rolleyes:

I would like to know if service centers go by RD or ND because our RD is 08/06/2007 and ND is 01/23/08. Thanks in advance.

EB2-India; PD-12/05; I-140 approval-04/06

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I would like to know if service centers go by RD or ND because our RD is 08/06/2007 and ND is 01/23/08. Thanks in advance.

EB2-India; PD-12/05; I-140 approval-04/06

I read few posts/threads in this forum..I guess, author is Googler.

Per someone in DOS, USCIS is supposed to go by RD (offcourse, PD is there)

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM

Well..That I am aware of PD & RD combination.

My point is, my app is not at TSC its at NBC .
NBC doesnt advertise I-485 processing dates. You can check at USCIS website.

My doubt is NBC is not taking PD into equation, just RD ONLY.

Breezestorm
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Gimme GC - I'm in the same boat as you (PD Dec 2005, Case transferred to NBC). In 's NBC thread, looks like most of them got their interview notice within 45 days after receiving the CRIS Update (that their cases got transferred to NBC).

So, When did you receive the update that your case got transferred to NBC? I received this update on Jun 9 and still no signs of the interview notice yet.

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Gimme GC - I'm in the same boat as you (PD Dec 2005, Case transferred to NBC). In 's NBC thread, looks like most of them got their interview notice within 45 days after receiving the CRIS Update (that their cases got transferred to NBC).

So, When did you receive the update that your case got transferred to NBC? I received this update on Jun 9 and still no signs of the interview notice yet.

hehehhehe...mine was transferred on April 17th.

Whoever got transferred until feb,mar got interview letters fast.

Lucky ppl like us will have to wait..

what are you planning to do?

I went to take Infopass appt but there are no appts available for Tampa Field office..I dont want to drive to Orlando forthis POS.

So, I will be writing to our Congressman about this..I am collecting information on all related Memos and articles which I can refer to in the letter.

Then, I will see...
otherwise, I am pretty sure that our (atleast mine) cases will NOT BE processed in Aug and not in Sept. :rolleyes:

gjoe
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
how many zeroes will make one gazillion :)

Well, Micofrost, a gazillion is only slightly less than a Mothra-illion.
More seriously, a gazillion is not any power of ten, since it's not a
number. A "gazillion" (sometimes spelled "bazillion") is just a way
of saying "a really big number," or "a whole lot of..." It's related
to the word "zillion," which is also not a number, as in "Bill Gates
is a zillionaire, which just means that he has a whole boatload of
money (which he does).

But there are really big numbers that have names, like "centillion,"
which is a 1 followed by 103 zeros, i.e., 10 to the 103rd power. Or
the slightly smaller "googol," which is a 1 followed by 100 zeros. To
give you an idea how big that is, it is estimated that there are only
10 to the 80th power of atoms in the whole universe. But the biggest
number that has a normal name is the "googolplex," which is a 1
followed by a googol of zeros. If you lined up all the atoms in the
universe, put a "1" on the first one, and "0" on the rest, you would
still not have written down the number "one googolplex"!

Ref: http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/59170.html

Breezestorm
07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
gimme_GC2006 - I really appreciate your response. From , I thought it will take 45 days only to get the interview notice.. Hmmm... from your response it is clear that it is not going to happen. Anyway, I'm also planning to take a infopass only. Is there a number we can reach for the NBC office? From your post, looks like your spoke to TSC office. Would you suggest that I talk to NSC also (as my case was filed in NSC)?

Do you see any reason why your case got moved to NBC? My Finger prints were unreadable.. thats why I think mine was transferred to NBC.

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
gimme_GC2006 - I really appreciate your response. From , I thought it will take 45 days only to get the interview notice.. Hmmm... from your response it is clear that it is not going to happen. Anyway, I'm also planning to take a infopass only. Is there a number we can reach for the NBC office? From your post, looks like your spoke to TSC office. Would you suggest that I talk to NSC also (as my case was filed in NSC)?

Do you see any reason why your case got moved to NBC? My Finger prints were unreadable.. thats why I think mine was transferred to NBC.

There is no number for NBC..just call the same junk number..

See this thread from Googler...http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18581 on how to reach service centers.. Very informative..

I am not going to take Infopass..I will write to Conngressman and then decide.

My guess on why my case is transferred to NBC.
When we applied for I-485, my spouse's H1B was expiring..we applied for H1Brenewal and put the receipt along with 485..

My guess, they wanted to check if we maintained status or dont know..just a guess...

could be because of any reason..

IO may be eating cheese burger at that time and didnt like fries and in anger he threw my app into NBC bucket :D

Breezestorm
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
gimme_GC2006 - Thank you very much for the link. I will update this thread if I have any worthwhile info from my end (infopass/calling the service center etc.). Thanks again!

Breezestorm
07-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Gimme GC - What is your soft LUD (Last update date) on your 485?

Mine is 7/7/08.. That was the reason I was hoping to get the interview letter soon. But the soft LUD could be just about any thing irrelevant too.. So a little curious about ur LUD..

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Gimme GC - What is your soft LUD (Last update date) on your 485?

Mine is 7/7/08.. That was the reason I was hoping to get the interview letter soon. But the soft LUD could be just about any thing irrelevant too.. So a little curious about ur LUD..

I dont have any soft LUDS in I-485 in recent times.

I had a Soft LUD on I-140 on 07/13

Breezestorm
07-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Gimme GC - Thank you!! I wish you good luck with the GC process! Hope we all get our GCs soon.

ImmiQ
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
ofcourse it’s been a long journey and I kind of got use to it.well,as many around here I'm a July 07 filer and changed jobs after 180 days and all that stuff, in the process my current attorney choose to submit Change of Representation aka G-28 form in March of this year and after that I almost forgot about my AOS application until things took a quick turn in Aug 08 visa bulletin and EB2 dates became current for my PD (Feb'05). I know for sure that I can predict my chances of being hit by a lightning more precisely than predicting the time frame of me getting my Green, well that being said as human as I'm my curious irrational part of my brain took over my intelligent rational part and decided to call USCIS (NSC) to make sure that new G-28 is in place and to my surprise it wasn't updated (almost forgot to mention that as of now I didn't inform USCIS about my change of employment yet) and I wanted to be prepared if in case I get a RFE on current employment. so yesterday I happen to call USCIS and the information I got from the rep' totally contradicts my knowledge of 485 application process.

Here is how it went

Rep: asked a bunch of regular questions

me : replied accordingly

me: I just want to make sure that my file is updated with new G-28 info'

Rep: do you have a receipt number?

me: ofcourse and gave her the receipt number (are you kidding me, I know it by heart)

Rep: give me a second while I retrieve your file, our system is kind of slow today (Duh!! were they ever fast in the first place???)

Rep: after couple of minutes, can you verify your attorney's information

me: gave her the name and address of my current attorney.

Rep : interrupted me when I was giving her zip code information and said this is not what we have on your file??

me: That is the reason for my call today, just wanted to make sure you have updated information.

Rep: when did your new attorney send the G-28 forms?

me: I wanted to yell "my attorney mailed it just before his last supper with Jesus Christ".but I know it won't help my situation so I said very politely 12th March 2008.

Rep: we are very backlogged on our mail, so it might take few more days.

me: my PD is current as of August 08 bulletin and I don't want any communication from you sent to my previous attorney. what would you suggest me to do?

Rep: as of now your case looks good and there is no request for further evidence being sent to your previous attorney...

me: but ....

Rep : she continues..... your case is waiting to be assigned to an officer and visa numbers for this quarter are already exhausted and fresh batch of visa numbers will be available in the first week of October so you have until then for your case to be assigned to an officer. and if the adjucating officer need further evidence he will send a notice at that time.

me: trying to comprehend what I have just heard,took a pause and reiterated that I'm current with respect to processing dates posted on your website, NSC is processing Employment based 485 applications received on or before Aug 10th 2007 and my receipt date is 21st July 07 so my case falls within your processing dates......

Rep: interrupts me again and said ....please have your attorney re-send the G-28 form to this new PO box and gave me the address.

me: so do you mean to say that visa numbers are assigned to an application after adjucating officer makes sure everything is okay regarding a file???

Rep: Yes that is true, just not to waste any visa numbers, the officer assigns the number after making sure everything is in place.( I was thinking what on earth made you waste so many visas during the past years?? you morons)

me: so what would you suggest me to do?

Rep: ask your current attorney to resend G-28 forms in Original to the address that I gave you earlier, and you can check back with us some time end of Oct early Nov.

me: at this point my grey matter went blank and I had nothing to say (actually didn't know what to say)

Rep: is there any thing else that I can help you with??

me: no that is it for today (I can't take anymore)

Rep: call us back if you have further questions.

me: Thank you.

so having had enough with USCIS Rep, gave myself couple of minutes to calm down and called my attorney and explained him the whole situation and right now in process of re-sending the G-28 forms.

so to sum it up, according to the Rep

- even though EB2 dates moved to July 06, there are no visa numbers available and will have to wait till first week of Oct for fresh batch of numbers from DOS.

- visa numbers are assigned at the very last stage of the application process.

- they have a new PO Box for change of Representation forms(G-28).

- Don't bother to expect your green till end of Oct early Nov even though your PD is current as of Aug 08.

I know some of the things mentioned by her doesn't make any sense and she might not have a clue on what she's talking about. what bothers me the most is my new G-28 that was sent in March was misplaced and I have to resend the forms, ofcourse my company is willing to pay for the process again but some times it is scary to even think of situations that we can get in to for no fault of ours.

and really USCIS never stop amusing me.....

sorry for my lengthy post and venting.
and it is not my intention to open a can of worms with this post :)

I wish you all the very best :)

sparklinks
07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
.......and really USCIS never stop amusing me.....

I was laughing like hell when I read ths.. 'my attorney mailed it just before his last supper with Jesus Christ".'

Anway when I called last week IO said waiting for VISA# to assign, what does it mean..read to go green?

gimme_GC2006
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
ofcourse itís been a long journey and I kind of got use to it.well,as many around here I'm a July 07 filer and changed jobs after 180 days and all that stuff, in the process my current attorney choose to submit Change of Representation aka G-28 form in March of this year and after that I almost forgot about my AOS application until things took a quick turn in Aug 08 visa bulletin and EB2 dates became current for my PD (Feb'05). I know for sure that I can predict my chances of being hit by a lightning more precisely than predicting the time frame of me getting my Green, well that being said as human as I'm my curious irrational part of my brain took over my intelligent rational part and decided to call USCIS (NSC) to make sure that new G-28 is in place and to my surprise it wasn't updated (almost forgot to mention that as of now I didn't inform USCIS about my change of employment yet) and I wanted to be prepared if in case I get a RFE on current employment. so yesterday I happen to call USCIS and the information I got from the rep' totally contradicts my knowledge of 485 application process.

Here is how it went

Rep: asked a bunch of regular questions

me : replied accordingly

me: I just want to make sure that my file is updated with new G-28 info'

Rep: do you have a receipt number?

me: ofcourse and gave her the receipt number (are you kidding me, I know it by heart)

Rep: give me a second while I retrieve your file, our system is kind of slow today (Duh!! were they ever fast in the first place???)

Rep: after couple of minutes, can you verify your attorney's information

me: gave her the name and address of my current attorney.

Rep : interrupted me when I was giving her zip code information and said this is not what we have on your file??

me: That is the reason for my call today, just wanted to make sure you have updated information.

Rep: when did your new attorney send the G-28 forms?

me: I wanted to yell "my attorney mailed it just before his last supper with Jesus Christ".but I know it won't help my situation so I said very politely 12th March 2008.

Rep: we are very backlogged on our mail, so it might take few more days.

me: my PD is current as of August 08 bulletin and I don't want any communication from you sent to my previous attorney. what would you suggest me to do?

Rep: as of now your case looks good and there is no request for further evidence being sent to your previous attorney...

me: but ....

Rep : she continues..... your case is waiting to be assigned to an officer and visa numbers for this quarter are already exhausted and fresh batch of visa numbers will be available in the first week of October so you have until then for your case to be assigned to an officer. and if the adjucating officer need further evidence he will send a notice at that time.

me: trying to comprehend what I have just heard,took a pause and reiterated that I'm current with respect to processing dates posted on your website, NSC is processing Employment based 485 applications received on or before Aug 10th 2007 and my receipt date is 21st July 07 so my case falls within your processing dates......

Rep: interrupts me again and said ....please have your attorney re-send the G-28 form to this new PO box and gave me the address.

me: so do you mean to say that visa numbers are assigned to an application after adjucating officer makes sure everything is okay regarding a file???

Rep: Yes that is true, just not to waste any visa numbers, the officer assigns the number after making sure everything is in place.( I was thinking what on earth made you waste so many visas during the past years?? you morons)

me: so what would you suggest me to do?

Rep: ask your current attorney to resend G-28 forms in Original to the address that I gave you earlier, and you can check back with us some time end of Oct early Nov.

me: at this point my grey matter went blank and I had nothing to say (actually didn't know what to say)

Rep: is there any thing else that I can help you with??

me: no that is it for today (I can't take anymore)

Rep: call us back if you have further questions.

me: Thank you.

so having had enough with USCIS Rep, gave myself couple of minutes to calm down and called my attorney and explained him the whole situation and right now in process of re-sending the G-28 forms.

so to sum it up, according to the Rep

- even though EB2 dates moved to July 06, there are no visa numbers available and will have to wait till first week of Oct for fresh batch of numbers from DOS.

- visa numbers are assigned at the very last stage of the application process.

- they have a new PO Box for change of Representation forms(G-28).

- Don't bother to expect your green till end of Oct early Nov even though your PD is current as of Aug 08.

I know some of the things mentioned by her doesn't make any sense and she might not have a clue on what she's talking about. what bothers me the most is my new G-28 that was sent in March was misplaced and I have to resend the forms, ofcourse my company is willing to pay for the process again but some times it is scary to even think of situations that we can get in to for no fault of ours.

and really USCIS never stop amusing me.....

LOL :D:D

I hope everything the Rep spoke is utter bull and you get your GC in August..
Good luck :)