PDA

View Full Version : Priority date current from 3 months , but still no approval

adurthy
07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
My Pri. date is current from 3 months, but still did not get approval. Are there any in the same boat , looking every day for the status online

Is there something that I/We can do to speed up the process heard like infopass , talking to representative .

thanks

A

cooler
07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I would suggest that you take the help of your local senator. Their offices tend to be very helpful and have a direct line into the USCIS. I had my senator look into my case to find out whats happening on the case(NAme check status, finger printing validity etc)

Hope this helps.

sushilup
07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Can you share your details
like PD:
140 STATUS:
485 Receiving and notice date:
FP done or not

My Pri. date is current from 3 months, but still did not get approval. Are there any in the same boat , looking every day for the status online

Is there something that I/We can do to speed up the process heard like infopass , talking to representative .

thanks

A

lord_labaku
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
welcome to the line/queue. I have been trying to abstain from checking status online few times a day ( I wanna just check once a week hopefully).

I thought I could save the EAD/AP renewal fees....but I guess thats wishing for tooooo much.

I am not sure what senators, ombudsman, etc can do as long as USCIS keeps claiming that they are processing as per their published processing dates.

I even doubt that any amount of legislation in the immigration front will be naught if USCIS doesnt buck up its processing speed....oh wait...they are speeding up citizenship applications by working on it over weekend....but thats more political as this is election year.

I guess politics is politics world over....and govt. agencies are govt. agencies world over.

nashim
07-22-2008, 03:21 PM
If I were you, will take infopass and ask IO about the case status, based on that will talk to representative

himu73
07-22-2008, 03:34 PM

thanks

A

Setup the email notification for status change and forget about it. Whenever anything changes except LUD which is anyway useless, you can get a notification. Dont waste your time checking status multiple times. Study or read something instead.
Might sound rude but true

kondur_007
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM

thanks

A

Call customer service, take info pass and then also consider contacting congressman...these are not likely to be very successful to you never know...at least they are not likely to be harmful.

Good Luck.

jsb
07-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Call customer service, take info pass and then also consider contacting congressman...these are not likely to be very successful to you never know...at least they are not likely to be harmful.

Good Luck.
How do you take Infopass by the way? Is it for a general status check? If so, everybody might be doing it, and there may be a long wait.

naushit
07-22-2008, 04:19 PM
My priority date is current for more the 5+ months. When I asked my attorney to follow up , she asked me to wait 30+ days for processing date to be current.

According to her, once priority date is current, 2nd hurdle is processing date to be current for your notice date.

Hope this helps!

-N

gimme_GC2006
07-22-2008, 04:38 PM
How do you take Infopass by the way? Is it for a general status check? If so, everybody might be doing it, and there may be a long wait.

Take Infopass appointment here,

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

kpchal2
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
hi, check to see if your RD is 90 days before the current processing times of the center. then it is worthwhile spending your time otherwise this red tape will just add another level of stress. i know this is frustrating but i guess we have to yield to this process.

snhn
07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I am just wondering Lord_labaku,

how do you save money for EAD and AP fees. Is it not that they are pretty much chizled in stone. What criterias I have to meet to save money on these 2.

greensignal
07-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Setup the email notification for status change and forget about it. Whenever anything changes except LUD which is anyway useless, you can get a notification. Dont waste your time checking status multiple times. Study or read something instead.
Might sound rude but true

You may not always get email notification. In the past my EAD was approved and the status changed to 'approved' online but never got an email eventhough email option is enabled. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

So better check once per day

gcpool
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
You can do three things.

Try in this order

1) Fill DHS7001 and send it to the ombudsman's office. You will get an answer in 30 days from the USCIS customer service.

2) Contact the local senator. Go online and get their phone no. You can choose a dem or repub. Then call just one. They will send in a form to fill. Then you wait

3) Writ of Mandamus. If all fail try this on your own (or else hire a lawyer $3000 min). All of the above efforts will add to your case.

Dont try InfoPass since they have no clue what happening with your case. They are just like the customer service. They will help if there is some issue with EAD, AD Paro, or Fingerprinting not on processing delays.

Calling customer service is also useless. They offer no help at all.

lord_labaku
07-22-2008, 06:06 PM
I am just wondering Lord_labaku,

how do you save money for EAD and AP fees. Is it not that they are pretty much chizled in stone. What criterias I have to meet to save money on these 2.

you save money by not applying for it. If u get ur GC, u dont need EAD & AP.

dealsnet
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
If you apply for EAD, they will pull your file and, if your PD, processing date is current, they may approve GC instead of EAD. I did tried and got it. It is worth trying. Many friends did this way.

This is my openion. It is upto you guys to decide.

EB3_SEP04
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Without posting ur Receipt date, u r asking a wrong question. To answer ur question, at a minimum, we need ur 485 application receipt date and Svc center.

So the person who checks status everyday has not replied with PD/category and other details in several hours, just a fact...;)

kpchal2
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
EAD to GC corelation - sounds strange. That is a bad way of processing. So if I understand this correctly, a guy whose processing date is beyond someone else but just happened to apply for soemthing like an EAD or AP or a name change or address change can get his green card before because these Immigration officers are picking them up out of line and issuing them.

Wow - this is something. I am not against any one on this but I am surprised at how bad these guys are working and their policies. So there is no way I can get my green card in the next few months when the priority date is current as I do not have my EAD or AP coming to expire.

obviously
07-23-2008, 12:36 AM
"and your English is current from when?"

Folks, let us play up to the moniker of being high skilled immigrants by displaying a basic grasp of the English language. "Date current from three months" is probably the mildest abuse of the English language that I have seen in these b-boards.

I do not mean to be rude. This is a sincere request to those that might have not had the benefit of studying English in a quality environment. Strengthen your vocabulary and grammar.

It is indeed sad to see many 'highly skilled' folks on these b-boards talk in an alien tongue that passes off for English. Wake up!

Peace!
________
Velvettouch (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Velvettouch/)

amsgc
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
"I am having a H1b visa since . . ." :)

Folks, let us play up to the moniker of being high skilled immigrants by displaying a basic grasp of the English language. "Date current from three months" is probably the mildest abuse of the English language that I have seen in these b-boards.

I do not mean to be rude. This is a sincere request to those that might have not had the benefit of studying English in a quality environment. Strengthen your vocabulary and grammar.

It is indeed sad to see many 'highly skilled' folks on these b-boards talk in an alien tongue that passes off for English. Wake up!

Peace!

meridiani.planum
07-23-2008, 06:48 AM

Peace!

we have a long history of murdering the queens english. Its payback for the years the british ruled over us. :)

some more interesting ones:
http://myjokecollections.blogspot.com/2008/02/murder-of-english-language.html

amitjoey
07-23-2008, 07:31 AM
we have a long history of murdering the queens english. Its payback for the years the british ruled over us. :)

some more interesting ones:
http://myjokecollections.blogspot.com/2008/02/murder-of-english-language.html

That link is too funny.

InTheMoment
07-23-2008, 10:59 AM
t is my opinion that this is another of those urban myths in an attempt to uncover the maze called USCIS ! dealsnet your approval fit's exaclty in the timeline they should have approved anyways. EAD approvals, from the conversations I had with former CAO's at NSC (officers that actually approve/deny your app) and IIO's, are separate from the process that makes sweeps in the USCIS CLAIMS system. Contractors pull out those relevant boxes as per PD and RD and the CAO every week after they finish the earlier box (each containing about 50 cases) collect the next box that is sorted out from the staging area. It depends how long it takes to pick up the next box as there are many CAO's that work at home adjudicating cases making one or two trip every week.

Threee of my colleagues/friends and I, all of whom had a PD within a 2 month range decided not to apply for EAD based on trends on and elsewhere and all of us got approvals exactly in the range we were supposed to get! Go wonder !

If you apply for EAD, they will pull your file and, if your PD, processing date is current, they may approve GC instead of EAD. I did tried and got it. It is worth trying. Many friends did this way.

This is my openion. It is upto you guys to decide.