PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Canada by road when Pri date is current and having AP &EAD

waitingforharapatta
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I am planing to visit Naigara falls on Canada side for a day or two by crossing the border by road next month.

I have EAD and AP , do I need a Visa to visit Canada.

My pri dates are current , is it safe to travel.

Thanks in advance for ur replies and pointers.

My apologies if this forum is not intended for such personal queries.

jsb
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I am planing to visit Naigara falls on Canada side for a day or two by crossing the border by road next month.

Depends on your country of citizenship. If it is Indian, then you need a visa to enter Canada, unless you are a GC holder.

jsb
07-22-2008, 03:49 PM

It is safe to travel to Canada on AP (You need AP to reenter US). Visa requirement depends on your country of citizenship. If it is Indian, then you need a visa to enter Canada, unless you are a GC holder.

InTheMoment
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Adding to what jsb correctly points out on going into Canada.

For returning back to the US, You might already know this but if you have a valid H1 visa and I-94 you do not need to show EAD/AP. If you just have a valid H1 approval/extension I-797 but no visa even then you can come back after a day or two and you will be issued a new I-94. (Assuming you are not applying for a new visa and got rejected and are not from terrorist designated countries - rules from the auto. visa revalidation regulation)

But if you are on AoS status using EAD, you need an AP.