PDA

View Full Version : GC approval for EB2 July 07 filers.

man-woman-and-gc
07-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I think there is a good chance of GC Approval for all the EB2 July 2007 AOS Filers whose:
1) PD is prior to June 1 2006
2) I-140 is Approved
3) Whose application is clean and don't get an RFE to delay their processing.

My reason for the above is that USCIS is processing cases based on I-485Receipt date (per Murthy buletin). Therefore they would definitely know how many I-485 are pending with PD before June 1 2006. This number would include all those who filed for AOS in July 2007 and had PD less than June 2006. They also know Approx how many Visa numbers are available till Sept 2008. Therefore the number of applications they already had has to be less or equal to the number of available visas for the Aug Bulletin to make sense. Thus all the EB2 July filers whose PD is less than June 2006 will have an excellent chance of being picked up as they will get priority over people who are filing for AOS after Aug Visa Bulletin (coz their Application Receipt date will be later than July 07 filers).

Again, if a July 07 filer gets an RFE and the dates retrogress by the time he/she responds to that RFE, may get him/her back in the waiting line once again.

Please correct my assumptions with facts that you might know better than me.

Thanks.

xyz2005
07-26-2008, 02:43 AM
I think there is a good chance of GC Approval for all the EB2 July 2007 AOS Filers whose:
1) PD is prior to June 1 2006
2) I-140 is Approved
3) Whose application is clean and don't get an RFE to delay their processing.

My reason for the above is that USCIS is processing cases based on I-485Receipt date (per Murthy buletin). Therefore they would definitely know how many I-485 are pending with PD before June 1 2006. This number would include all those who filed for AOS in July 2007 and had PD less than June 2006. They also know Approx how many Visa numbers are available till Sept 2008. Therefore the number of applications they already had has to be less or equal to the number of available visas for the Aug Bulletin to make sense. Thus all the EB2 July filers whose PD is less than June 2006 will have an excellent chance of being picked up as they will get priority over people who are filing for AOS after Aug Visa Bulletin (coz their Application Receipt date will be later than July 07 filers).

Again, if a July 07 filer gets an RFE and the dates retrogress by the time he/she responds to that RFE, may get him/her back in the waiting line once again.

Please correct my assumptions with facts that you might know better than me.

Thanks.

I think somebody should try to answer this question:
How many 485 apps were received by USCIS on July 2nd 2007? I think I have read somewhere here on some forum discussion that it was perhaps 20,000+ on that day alone. If visa numbers available are 10-20K then I do not think July 2nd and above have major chance. Because that day July 2nd is crucial. But yes every one who filed their 485s on July 2nd irrespective of center have excellent chance of making it. Yes thats for sure that if 2 people whose PD is current then they will process or grant visa number based on receipt date...that means if your PD is earlier but you filed your 485 later then later PD holder (but current) will get GC first....rest all things equal.

Thanks
Regards

willigetagc
07-26-2008, 09:16 AM
I think somebody should try to answer this question:
How many 485 apps were received by USCIS on July 2nd 2007? I think I have read somewhere here on some forum discussion that it was perhaps 20,000+ on that day alone. If visa numbers available are 10-20K then I do not think July 2nd and above have major chance. Because that day July 2nd is crucial. But yes every one who filed their 485s on July 2nd irrespective of center have excellent chance of making it. Yes thats for sure that if 2 people whose PD is current then they will process or grant visa number based on receipt date...that means if your PD is earlier but you filed your 485 later then later PD holder (but current) will get GC first....rest all things equal.

Thanks
Regards

But the question to ask is how many of those 20K+ apps were EB2. It is likely that most of them were EB3 (which is unavailable at this time).
I think the USCIS would sort apps according PD and then by RD in each category. Then the apps are assigned to IOs in that order. But since processing time on each application varies, it is likely that the application a bit later down that list is approved first...

It is possible that an app later in the list gets approval sooner because the IO is more efficient, app easy to adjudicate, or in a different service center.

HOPE_GC_SOON
07-26-2008, 09:42 AM
yesterday: I spoke to once CS officer at TSC. She vehmently said, RD on AOS receipt Notice has nothing todo, as it merely represents the courier delivery date. She says, the Receipt date as appearing on Online Case Satus verifications (again, more or less the Notice Date), holds good for your application to be assigne to an IO.

I amnot sure, if that is the case, how many EB2 PDs though current, can be cleared,as TSC is still at July 17 2008 process date. Especially cases, transferred between NSC <-> TSC where your Receipt date of July 2nd, is royally screwed up. :rolleyes: Donot know, how far the CS is correct on this :confused:

Let's hope for the best

But the question to ask is how many of those 20K+ apps were EB2. It is likely that most of them were EB3 (which is unavailable at this time).
I think the USCIS would sort apps according PD and then by RD in each category. Then the apps are assigned to IOs in that order. But since processing time on each application varies, it is likely that the application a bit later down that list is approved first...

It is possible that an app later in the list gets approval sooner because the IO is more efficient, app easy to adjudicate, or in a different service center.

willigetagc
07-26-2008, 10:02 AM
yesterday: I spoke to once CS officer at TSC. She vehmently said, RD on AOS receipt Notice has nothing todo, as it merely represents the courier delivery date. She says, the Receipt date as appearing on Online Case Satus verifications (again, more or less the Notice Date), holds good for your application to be assigne to an IO.

I amnot sure, if that is the case, how many EB2 PDs though current, can be cleared,as TSC is still at July 17 2008 process date. Especially cases, transferred between NSC <-> TSC where your Receipt date of July 2nd, is royally screwed up. :rolleyes: Donot know, how far the CS is correct on this :confused:

Let's hope for the best

Hopefully it will not matter. It will just be that everyone will get the GC a bit later than when they think they will.

Since they did'nt make everything current like what they did last year, we have to assume that they have a handle on the available visa numbers. That being the case, EB2I might hover around the Jun 2006 date in the near term. So, if not in Aug, all july 2007 filers will get lucky sometime over the next 6 months.. IMHO.

Legal
07-26-2008, 11:00 AM

Let's hope for the best

My RD is 7/2/07 at Nebraska Service Center, ND 8/7/07 which means they opened the fedex package on 8/7/07 and this is what counts. But then this shouldn't matter because, most July 2nd filers seem to have Rd in Aug 07 or later. Have you seen any one with RD of 7/2/07 and ND of 7/10/07??

But it does look like they have screwed up the TSC to NSC transfers.

REQUIRE_GC
07-26-2008, 11:34 AM
My RD is 7/2/07 at Nebraska Service Center, ND 8/7/07 which means they opened the fedex package on 8/7/07 and this is what counts. But then this shouldn't matter because, most July 2nd filers seem to have Rd in Aug 07 or later. Have you seen any one with RD of 7/2/07 and ND of 7/10/07??

But it does look like they have screwed up the TSC to NSC transfers.

My Rd is July 23 but ND is Aug 20. But According to IO I may have to wait till my date becomes current. Right now they are current only up to Aug 10.
See my Signature

HOPE_GC_SOON
07-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Gurus

Just for our benefit: Does any of us have a known, liknk or database info, onto the Category / PD / RD/ ND, either by means of or by Ron Ga.. or by any other AILA related sites.

This would help evaluating, the pace of expected process times, considering that During Aug / Sept, USCIS's Main goal would be processing of EB2/IN/CH of <06/01/07 PDs:rolleyes:

Alternatively, Does anyone have EB2 - I/C RD of Before July 07 and PD of <Jun06, in either TSC or NSC filed during Last July Fiasco

Let's keep this rolling, so that we can have some more clarity as to our luck.

Thanks

calgirl
07-26-2008, 01:24 PM
They have messed up the transfers big time.
I am a July 2 filer but my notice date is Aug 22. (TSC)
And TSC is nowhere close to handling Aug notice date filers..

But would be interesting to see if there are any July 2 filers who have a notice date of July.. I see Aug ND as common..

My Rd is July 23 but ND is Aug 20. But According to IO I may have to wait till my date becomes current. Right now they are current only up to Aug 10.
See my Signature

xyz2005
07-26-2008, 01:27 PM
All that matters is Priority Date and Receipt Date and Actual Notice Date does NOT matter. So everybody's PD + July 2nd 2007 lets say for example is the key. Actual notice date when receipt was generated does NOT matter at all. But that Receipt date is THEY KEY !! They are going to process your case based on that..if two people have current PDs.

Next imp date is actual center's Processing date. If your case is before actual center processing date then yes file has been looked at and case is waiting for visa number and after Aug 1...it would be available and can be approved.

Hope this clarifies !!

All the best guys and cross your fingers.

Best Regards

titu1972
07-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes. U r right. Most of 'em have Aug NDs. But I've seen on this forum, a couple of July 2 filers with end of July NDs. My best guess is that ppl who've filed in June, 07 wud be getting their GCs well b4 the July filers and also, in June, there were many filers too.

I checked with IO on my infopass that my Name Check has been cleared in Nov 2007 and he told they are waiting for Visa number.

So far there is no LUD on I-485 cases since my first FP. But there was LUD on Approved I-140 case in Nov 2007 during my I-131 approval time.

Recently my EAD and my wife's EAD and AP got approved. My RD is July 2 and ND is Aug 9, NSC. I'm simply crossing my fingers.

sparklinks
07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I checked with IO on my infopass that my Name Check has been cleared in Nov 2007 and he told they are waiting for Visa number.
So far there is no LUD on I-485 cases since my first FP. But there was LUD on Approved I-140 case in Nov 2007 during my I-131 approval time.
Recently my EAD and my wife's EAD and AP got approved. My RD is July 2 and ND is Aug 9, NSC. I'm simply crossing my fingers.

Waiting for Visa # means, you are all set to go , I mean adjucatated ?

shantanup
07-26-2008, 06:28 PM

I had an InfoPass appointment to talk to an IO about my and my wife's I-485 application status since my PD will be current starting Aug. 1. This is what the IO told us.

My name name check is still pending (note that I filed on July 27, 2007 and completed the biometrics on Oct. 31, 2007).
IO at TSC is presently working on my wife's application but no one is working on mine.
Since I am the primary applicant, my wife's application will not be approved unless mine is approved.

Should we not hope to get our GCs in Aug. / Sep. this year?
Are we stuck?
Are they not supposed to hold the application if the name check is pending for more than 6 months?
Is there anything that we can do other than waiting for few months?

xyz2005
07-26-2008, 09:15 PM
R u sure that the processing is done on applications received BEFORE the published processing dt and not ON OR BEFORE the date? I'm asking this becoz my ND is Aug 10 (though Fedex delivery date was July 2) and at NSC. So, will applications that were received on Aug 9 be considered and NOT the ones received on Aug 10? FYI...the cutoff processing date at NSC is Aug 10.

But if they go by Fedex delivery date, I'm well inside the processing dates published for NSC. God knows if they go by RD or ND.

This Notice Date does not mean anything in legal terms....have checked this with attornies n number of times...its July 2nd in your case that matters. So you are right on the sweet spot.

Now another key thing is there are so many July 2 filers at Nebraska and Texas too... now adays file assigning to IOs is taking too long so our files have to be assigned. USCIS will have to assign additional resources from other programs to utilize all available numbers otherwise they go waste ( this was done during last yr when they utilized 60K numbers in 2-3 days.

Thanks
Best Regards

kondur_007
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I am amazed with the importance we give to 'minute' details like RD and ND.

No one in USCIS knows about it. Why? They just don't CARE...!

Everyone is curious to know upon which bases USCIS will 'award' green cards: Ideally speaking it should be based on PD, then RD. (ND should not mean much).

But guess what? USCIS will do it RANDOMLY...just as usual USCIS STYLE...

That's why you will see people getting approval who has a later PD than yours and also who filed application after you...

My advise is: Not to worry about these things. If you are lucky and your PD is current (no matter what your PD/RD/ND is), you will get your GC.
And also, plz do not feel bad if you don't get GC despite of your PD being current and someone else with later PD gets it - i know it is easy to say this and difficult to do. (USCIS is not yet at that level of efficiency where they can actually approve cases in order of their PD or even FIFO; the most to expect from them is to avoid any wastage of visa numbers).

I am sorry if I was harsh on this one; but i think that is the reality. Good Luck to all of you whose PD is current.

Legal
07-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I had an InfoPass appointment to talk to an IO about my and my wife's I-485 application status since my PD will be current starting Aug. 1. This is what the IO told us.

My name name check is still pending (note that I filed on July 27, 2007 and completed the biometrics on Oct. 31, 2007).
IO at TSC is presently working on my wife's application but no one is working on mine.
Since I am the primary applicant, my wife's application will not be approved unless mine is approved.

Are we stuck?
Are they not supposed to hold the application if the name check is pending for more than 6 months?

it appears there is a catch in this 180 day rule, they have a "timeline":

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/NameCheck_2Apr08.pdf

The target milestones for processing name checks are:
Completion Goal Category
May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than three years
July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than two years
Nov. 2008 Process all name checks pending more than one year
Feb. 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the
remaining two percent within 90 days.
USCIS

Legal
07-26-2008, 10:39 PM
even if your name check is not completed, the adjudicator cannot cite this as the reason for not adjudicating the 485 application.

See page 8 of the document:

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/files/Mocanu_New_USCIS_NC_Procedures.pdf

Where the application is otherwise approvablc and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the 1-485,1-601,1-687, or 1-698 and proceed with card issuance.

rpuja
07-27-2008, 03:19 AM
Sorry, I am new on this forum. As such I used to visit and read valuable information but never commented on anything. I will appreciate if anyone can guide me to open a new thread.

Thanks

shantanup
07-27-2008, 11:16 AM
even if your name check is not completed, the adjudicator cannot cite this as the reason for not adjudicating the 485 application.

See page 8 of the document:

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/files/Mocanu_New_USCIS_NC_Procedures.pdf

Where the application is otherwise approvablc and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the 1-485,1-601,1-687, or 1-698 and proceed with card issuance.
Thanks LEGAL for providing a clearer vision.

srkamath
07-27-2008, 01:00 PM

Are we stuck?

shantanup,

same here. The IO said they have not heard back from the FBI regarding my "background check" , however, my wife's case is all-clear.

He did not specify whether it was the Name Check or the FP check or the IBIS check that was pending. I'm assuming it was the Name Check.

Hint - I believe a basic IBIS and FP check is required even for EAD approval.
If you have got an EAD then it may be safe to assume that these two items have been cleared. ....comments please.

I think we don't have to worry too much about the Name Check, if it has been pending for more than 180 days.

satish_hello
07-27-2008, 04:26 PM
If your RD is also current and your file looks clean and straight forward with out RFE, you have lot of chances of getting in August or September.

Thanks

innervoice
07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
One of my friend got a GC today, his PD was Dec 2004.

sdrblr
07-27-2008, 10:15 PM
wow!!!! was he in EB2-I?

HOPE_GC_SOON
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
This is Great News !!:)
Can you pl. share : PD / RD /ND / Service Center Mainly Category of your friend. Also, any LUD Changes etc.,

Thanks

innervoice
07-27-2008, 10:44 PM
yes, EB2
PD Dec2004
RD JUL23
ND SEP10

innervoice
07-27-2008, 10:44 PM
He just got a email today, don't know about his LUD, bu case was in NSC

sands_14
07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
That means processing is on for August bulletin ,if the information is correct.
Looks then PD is the main criteria,RD doesnt matter.Am I right?

RD is July23 in this case and PD Dec2004,so earlier PDs will get GCs before the later PDs.

delax
07-27-2008, 11:27 PM
That means processing is on for August bulletin ,if the information is correct.
Looks then PD is the main criteria,RD doesnt matter.Am I right?

RD is July23 in this case and PD Dec2004,so earlier PDs will get GCs before the later PDs.

I think it is too soon to jump to any criteria conclusions. My signature says it all........I have a very clean case
NC cleared, Same employer, Local Masters degree, non-IT field.....

amsgc
07-27-2008, 11:27 PM
This looks like a USCIS error because the PD is not current.

yes, EB2
PD Dec2004
RD JUL23
ND SEP10

sands_14
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Whoever gets GC by such error is real Lucky I guess.

rpuja
07-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Please let me know hot to create a new thread.

Thanks

willigetagc
07-28-2008, 01:58 AM
click on "Home" at the top of this page and then click on "forums". Choose a forum from the list and look for "forum tools". You should be able to create new threads from there.

You can also click on the navigation links at the top of each page. These are links that look like "Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Retrogression....."
Clicking will take you to the appropriate forum page where you can create new threads.

HTH.

breddy2000
07-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I got LUD on AP yesterday on 07/27/2008 on both mine and my wife applications.
Has anyone got it?
Not sure what this means. Not yet applied for AP Renewal

Rest of the applications LUDs are same as prior ones

SunnySurya
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
It means that based on your AP they will approve your I-485 :D .
I got LUD on AP yesterday on 07/27/2008 on both mine and my wife applications.
Has anyone got it?
Not sure what this means. Not yet applied for AP Renewal

Rest of the applications LUDs are same as prior ones

akilaakka
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I got LUD on my pending AP on July 25 & 27, 2008. I dont know what they really mean.s

jsb
07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
This looks like a USCIS error because the PD is not current....
Originally Posted by innervoice
yes, EB2
PD Dec2004
RD JUL23
ND SEP10

May be you are assuming that only EB2I/EB3I people visit this forum. This may be a EB2 ROW case.

jsb
07-28-2008, 12:23 PM
There are several opinions on what monthly processing dates mean, or how USCIS process cases. Most likley even when you ask an Customer Info person, they express their opinion on how processing relates to PD/RD/ND or published dates.

Does anybody know if there is any official clarification on what monthly published dates really mean beyond what is described in monthly updates? These dates could mean:

(1) At least one case for published date has been cleared
(2) All cases for or prior to published date have been looked at, and those clean have been cleared
(3) These dates are USCIS goals, so if USCIS meets these goals for (1) or (2) above, they are happy (and don't have to worry for hiring more people).

If any official information please provide. No opinions, guesses or wishes please.

sparklinks
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I got LUD on my pending AP on July 25 & 27, 2008. I dont know what they really mean.s

LUD on AP means 99% approval notice (may not see you the actual message until 1 week)..Hope this helps

Curious_Techie
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
My Wife and Son entered USA using AP on 07/10/2008

I see a LUD on their applications of AP dated 07/27/2008

Does this mean something.

My Case has 08/2005 PD EB2-I

irock
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
My Wife and Son entered USA using AP on 07/10/2008

I see a LUD on their applications of AP dated 07/27/2008

Does this mean something.

My Case has 08/2005 PD EB2-I

On 7/27 me and my wife got soft LUDs on approved AP & approved I140. We never used our APs or EADs. I guess these LUDs are just because of the system updates.

masterji
07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
LUD on AP means 99% approval notice (may not see you the actual message until 1 week)..Hope this helps
So, you mean to say a sudden LUD on AP means an 'almost there' GC????:D

sparklinks
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
So, you mean to say a sudden LUD on AP means an 'almost there' GC????:D

I mean to say was green for AP.

masterji
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Not Green for GC, green for AP.
But, I did NOT apply for another AP?? Would you please clarify?

HOPE_GC_SOON
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Guys:

Without Offense: A request. This thread has first two pages on 485 LUDs and approvals in Aug/sept. Please donot post any "AP related LUDS".

Also, there is nothing much to be excited upon LUD on AP Cases. Please open a diferent thread for that purpose.

Appreciate your understanding.

Thanks

Even I have update to LUD on all of mine AP -- 7/27/2008 . Not sure what it means

sparklinks
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM

If you didn't apply for AP, then this LUD might for something else...

amar123
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Guys:

Without Offense: A request. This thread has first two pages on 485 LUDs and approvals in Aug/sept. Please donot post any "AP related LUDS".

Also, there is nothing much to be excited upon LUD on AP Cases. Please open a diferent thread for that purpose.

Appreciate your understanding.

Thanks

Well, I did and I got a Red mark that it was an unnecessary new thread, :D , not like that matters

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20496

pitha
07-28-2008, 02:56 PM
My receipt date is July 2, 2007 but the notice date is Aug 24, I have seen tons of people with Receipt date two to three weeks after me but the notice data is 2 to 3 weeks before me. If they process based on ND instead of RD, I am screwed. But at this point it all about luck I guess, just like people who applied 2 to 3 weeks after me got a notice date of 2 to 3 weeks before me, I hope I am also lucky in getting green card in this august bulletin.

They have messed up the transfers big time.
I am a July 2 filer but my notice date is Aug 22. (TSC)
And TSC is nowhere close to handling Aug notice date filers..

But would be interesting to see if there are any July 2 filers who have a notice date of July.. I see Aug ND as common..

man-woman-and-gc
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
My receipt date is July 2, 2007 but the notice date is Aug 24, I have seen tons of people with Receipt date two to three weeks after me but the notice data is 2 to 3 weeks before me. If they process based on ND instead of RD, I am screwed. But at this point it all about luck I guess, just like people who applied 2 to 3 weeks after me got a notice date of 2 to 3 weeks before me, I hope I am also lucky in getting green card in this august bulletin.

Don't worry abt the notice date. USCIS and Murthy Bulletin have clarified that USCIS will process application in the order of receipt date and not the notice date. There could be some discrepancies between when a person finalyy receives GC depending upon how complicated each case is.

Legal
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Probably they made notation on your AP to the effect it is going to be annulled, and "card production":D is on the way. IMHO, if you didn't apply for AP this could be the only explanation.

willigetagc
07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
It could also be that they (USCIS) noticed how a single date change on something that is of secondary importance (like AP) can send the IV community into a frenzy...

So, they must have implemented an algorithm that updates a timestamp at random on a random AP application. :D

breddy2000
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Guys do not base your judgement based on the Processing times.
My case according to the NSC processing time should have been in process or already processed by this time.Its still stuck up in name check per IO
See my Signature below for filing details.

Just now came back after taking the Infopass appointment.

The IO said my file is pending name check.
When I told her that my FP was done long back on Sept 14th 2007 and told her about the recent memo about the 180 day rule, she said she is not not aware of that and has no information about it.

Funny thing is, she said there are cases where Name check is pending more than 3 yrs.

Looks like she does not have any clue about what 180 day rule means..

My details are below..

Just a question: When does the case get processed? Do they process the application and Name check in parallel , or do they process the application only when Name Check is complete....?

Can we file "Writ of Mandamus", if the case is delayed?

xyz2005
07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
My case according to the NSC processing time should have been in process or already processed by this time.Its still stuck up in name check per IO

When I told her that my FP was done long back on Sept 14th 2007 and told her about the recent memo about the 180 day rule, she said she is not not aware of that and has no information about it.

Funny thing is, she said there are cases where Name check is pending more than 3 yrs.

My details are below..

Just a question: When does the case get processed? Do they process the application and Name check in parallel , or do they process the application only when Name Check is complete....?

Pls give calling details thanks

breddy2000
07-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Pls give calling details thanks

I took info pass appointment. It means you can go physically and talk to Local office IO in your area

jsb
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM

My details are below..

Breddy2000, Your PD is getting current in August, how did IO say that your case should have been processed by this time. Perhaps published processing dates are very broad and nominal dates with a lot of variation on either side.

What was the basis of your Infopass appointment? I believe, you can't get an appointment when nothing indicates that your case should have been cleared, but it didn't happen.

jsb
07-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I took info pass appointment. It means you can go physically and talk to Local office IO in your area

When you take an appointment you have to give a reason. To make it an acceptable reason you have to lie. Is that correct? Or, you can just walk in without any appointment and tell your problem. Please enlighten with your infopass experience.

breddy2000
07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Breddy2000, Your PD is getting current in August, how did IO say that your case should have been processed by this time. Perhaps published processing dates are very broad and nominal dates with a lot of variation on either side.

What was the basis of your Infopass appointment? I believe, you can't get an appointment when nothing indicates that your case should have been cleared, but it didn't happen.

IO did not say that my application should have been processed. What I meant was Pre-Adjucating and not approving.

I just took and went for infopass appointment, just to check where my case with respect to processing. I saw lot of people say on this forum that their name check is cleared and waiting for file to be assigned to the IO.

I know that it depends on the Visa number availability. However I wanted to make sure if this sort of name check thing is going to stop my application from being processed if there are enough Visa Numbers available.

breddy2000
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
When you take an appointment you have to give a reason. To make it an acceptable reason you have to lie. Is that correct? Or, you can just walk in without any appointment and tell your problem. Please enlighten with your infopass experience.

Looks like you have no clue of how Infopass works.
You can take the appointment to find out the status of your case.
I did not have to Lie. I specifically took the appointment and printed out the Copy and took with me.

jsb
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I just took and went for infopass appointment, just to check where my case with respect to processing....

Sorry for a repeat. Can you take an appointment for "just to check where my case is...". Will they not say to go and look on the web for processing dates?

Q2: Can you just walk in (without an appointment) and ask to meet an IO to "check my case"

breddy2000
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Sorry for a repeat. Can you take an appointment for "just to check where my case is...". Will they not say to go and look on the web for processing dates?

No, they did not say to see the Website. I had to wait for 5 mins when she was seeing her computer.

Q2: Can you just walk in (without an appointment) and ask to meet an IO to "check my case"

How many times I need to tell you that I had an Infopass appointment.I took it last friday and got it schedule today at 3:10pm. I went and asked about my case status
Hope this helps.

jsb
07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
How many times I need to tell you that I had an Infopass appointment.I took it last friday and got it schedule today at 3:10pm. I went and asked about my case status
Hope this helps.

No I have never taken any infopass appointment, nor am I planning. I believe appointment is given when something should have happened which did not happen, and needs special attention. In your case with PD of 2006 nothing is expected to have happened by this time, so what could be a reason for an appointment? Anyway, never mind. Good that you could get closer to the USCIS guys and got some useful information.

masterji
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Probably they made notation on your AP to the effect it is going to be annulled, and "card production":D is on the way. IMHO, if you didn't apply for AP this could be the only explanation.

My AP expires on October 2008.

Legal
07-28-2008, 06:43 PM
and nothing more. see la guy's comments if you haven't seen it already.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20496&page=2

karthkc
07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
No I have never taken any infopass appointment, nor am I planning. I believe appointment is given when something should have happened which did not happen, and needs special attention. In your case with PD of 2006 nothing is expected to have happened by this time, so what could be a reason for an appointment? Anyway, never mind. Good that you could get closer to the USCIS guys and got some useful information.

There can be any number of things that should have happened which did not happen.

Name check not completed, FP still waiting results, Case files hung up somewhere and the list goes on..

The point is an Infopass appointment is usually helpful in nudging things along and even needed if you suspect that things that should have happened have not happened regardless of whether or not your priority date is current...

Use it at your own discretion...

drirshad
07-30-2008, 06:26 AM
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5766

posted 07-24-2008, 09:59 AM

Ron Gotcher has some thoughts on India E2 movement over the next two months.

More and more, I see people posting messages containing the unspoken assumption that since the Indian E2 cutoff date has moved forward, it is likely to move forward further in the coming months. This is a false hope.

Even with a cutoff date in early 2003, the CIS has sufficient inventory of Indian E2 adjustments on file to use up the remaining inventory of E2 visas for this fiscal year. The reason that the Visa Office advanced the priority date is to move it up to the point where overseas consular posts can take up the slack left by the CIS's inability to close out enough cases and avoid wasting visas this year.

The CIS inventory of pending cases is massive. If there were no quota at all - if everyone were suddenly "current" - and no new cases were filed after today, it would still take the CIS four to five years to close out all of the pending cases that they already have in their inventory.

Overseas consular posts maintain inventories of cases as well. When the priority date for a particular case starts to edge forward and it appears that the applicant may become "current' in the not too distant future, the applicant is told to submit all required supporting documents to the post or the NVC. When this is done, the applicant is reported to the Visa Office as being "documentarily qualified." This means that the case is in a position where an immigrant visa can be issued to the applicant as soon as a visa number becomes available.

The inventory of documentarily qualified cases with current priority dates at a consular post never exceeds that post's ability to process all such cases within sixty days. Consular posts have very high bandwidth processing capabilities. No matter how many cases become current, they are able to process all of them within sixty days.

The reason that the Indian E2 cutoff date has moved forward is that the Visa Office fears that the CIS will not be able to adjudicate enough adjustment of status applications to exhaust the annual quota. They have advanced the cutoff date in order to make more cases overseas eligible for final processing.

This means that overseas consular posts have exhausted their inventories of Indian E2 cases with priority dates earlier than 2006 and the Visa Office had to move the cutoff date forward in order to make more cases eligible to be closed out.

This does not mean that the CIS has closed out all of the pre-2006 cases pending in their inventory. Far from it. When the new fiscal year starts, Indian E2 is likely to retrogress back to late 2002 or early 2003. This is roughly the point reached by the CIS in processing their inventory of pending cases.

Please understand that this is a temporary phenomenon and due entirely to the difference in the processing capabilities of the CIS and the overseas consular posts.

I hope this clarifies matters.

Ron Gotcher

srkamath
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
This Ron Gotcher guy does not seem to get it.... he has an agenda, I dont buy his logic. It is unlikely that ~ 50 cases at consular posts are enough motivation to move dates forward by two years.

It took roughly one year for EB2-I dates to advance beyond April04 from the time it first got to April 04.

We know 2005 is a lean year. It is likely that it will take almost a year before EB2-I dates advance beyond June06.

Those with PD < June06 that do not get a GC by Sep08 can expect to get it by Sep 09. Until then we will see some short term swings between 2003 and 2006.

HOPE_GC_SOON
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
We donot have to worry too much about USCIS pace etc., Except for the fact of Concurrent I 140 processing, things look much better. Transparency in EAD renewals, with such huge volume. and many people on the forum have called 1800 nos tofind out status etc.,

I think, both TSC/ NSC are doing good ground work for the big DDay. to come on Friday.. :) as we see, memebers of this forum calling them, and getting answers as "Visa No. Awaited".etc. Hope for the betterment. Let's remember, Each Case cleared by USCIS is a relief to their system. So, theywould be endeavouring it with all eforts.

Let's see nextweek's pace of approvals.. :)

mkashif4
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
I got my GC in the mail last Friday (6/17/2011) after almost 5 years of waiting. Our priority date was Sept 7, 2006 and we filed our 485 in June 2007.
I am happy as I can be, alltogether it took 3 attempts to file GC (switched companies) and 10 years to get the GC.
Thank you all who helped us through this journey!

Edison99
06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Congrats mkashif4 and enjoy freedom!
I got my GC in the mail last Friday (6/17/2011) after almost 5 years of waiting. Our priority date was Sept 7, 2006 and we filed our 485 in June 2007.
I am happy as I can be, alltogether it took 3 attempts to file GC (switched companies) and 10 years to get the GC.
Thank you all who helped us through this journey!