PDA

View Full Version : Funny: Desparate time calls for desperate measure

SunnySurya
08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I came to know of a case where this gentelman who has PD of Nov 2002 EB2 has his case pending at Nebraska for a really long time. His Name check and other formalities were cleared and no body was sure the reason for the hold up. He had numerous infopass appointments as well as written to various lawmakers etc... After getting tired of doing all that he decided to take 15 days off from work. And do you know where did he go:
He went to Lincoln, Nebraska.
The story goes that every day he would stand in front of the office and he was turned back but he continued to sit in the lobby requesting to see the director. Finally his persitence paid off. On 15th day he was granted half an hour with the Director and he presented his case. In few hours he saw his 485 status changed to approved.

So the persitence really do pay. I don't know the name of this gentleman but if you are reading this post please provide some more details. Hats off to you.

chanduv23
08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I came to know of a case where this gentelman who has PD of Nov 2002 EB2 has his case pending at Nebraska for a really long time. His Name check and other formalities were cleared and no body was sure the reason for the hold up. He had numerous infopass appointments as well as written to various lawmakers etc... After getting tired of doing all that he decided to take 15 days off from work. And do you know where did he go:
He went to Lincoln, Nebraska.
The story goes that every day he would stand in front of the office and he was turned back but he continued to sit in the lobby requesting to see the director. Finally his persitence paid off. On 15th day he was granted half an hour with the Director and he presented his case. In few hours he saw his 485 status changed to approved.

So the persitence really do pay. I don't know the name of this gentleman but if you are reading this post please provide some more details. Hats off to you.

Thats is called 'Gandhigiri' my friend

nk2006
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM

Wow...that's a nice story...in a way its sad that somebody has to wait for long for no apparent/valid reason, on the other hand its nice to know that his latest efforts succeeded at the end.

This shows (if there are any doubts) how bad is the administrative efficiency of USCIS. There might be several more cases where people are just waiting. Thanks to IV for working on a few administrative efforts recently - but examples like this show how much more to be done.

On a side note: if this is an IV member, first of all congratulations and secondly please consider giving your details to IV core so that they may use quoting your case in arguing for better administrative changes at USCIS.

kondur_007
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey, great example and at a good time.

This is the second major area that needs a great improvement (first being the legislative changes to increase visa numbers somehow). I can't tell, which one of these two issues is more important.

Now that PD is current for a large number of EB2s, you will see approvals coming randomly (not in order of PDs or RDs); largely due to inefficiency of USCIS. They simply dont have enough resources or mechanism to utilize current resources to deal with what they are dealing with. And so, we come across issues like these. It is unfortunate and sad that things at USCIS are running worse than any government office in third world countries.

Regardless, I am glad to see one more example of "Gandhigiri at work". At least he got his GC.

SunnySurya
08-04-2008, 11:09 AM
How about some green dots guys for sharing such a inspirational story...

NKR
08-04-2008, 11:18 AM

Sorry dude, I couldn't give you a green though I wanted to because some people gave me a red for speaking the truth and now I need to have some more reputation to give you a green again.

The processing time is different for different cases depending on the time it takes for background processing and all that. I think that is why sometimes we see an earlier case getting processed ahead of a later case, but I just cannot think of a reason why the processing of a 2002 case got delayed.

munnu77
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
good story

gcdreamer05
08-04-2008, 11:49 AM

Good Story will really be given a green, here you go green from me !!!!

lc2004
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM

sunny..
how do u give a grren dot to someone??..i like ur story..

transpass
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey, great example and at a good time.

....Now that PD is current for a large number of EB2s, you will see approvals coming randomly (not in order of PDs or RDs); largely due to inefficiency of USCIS. They simply dont have enough resources or mechanism to utilize current resources to deal with what they are dealing with. And so, we come across issues like these. It is unfortunate and sad that things at USCIS are running worse than any government office in third world countries....

May be we should suggest CIS that anyone of us at IV can VOLUNTEER for CIS so that they have more resources...

I think we can do a fantastic job in sorting the thousands of mail pieces according RD, PD, etc. In that way everyone will be happy...The immigrant community will be happy because now everything is in FIFO order and CIS will be happy because they cannot be blamed for approving cases haphazardly without following FIFO rule...:D

jsb
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
While it brought results to the frustrated person who took this extreme step, the question is, is it the most efficient way to get cases cleared?

SunnySurya
08-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Yep, how about a rally in front of Nebraska Service Center ;)
While it brought results to the frustrated person who took this extreme step, the question is, is it the most efficient way to get cases cleared?

transpass
08-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Yep, how about a rally in front of Nebraska Service Center ;)

Yeah, may be a cycle rally...:p