PDA

View Full Version : More bad news for EB3

conchshell
08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
From Sept 2008 visa bulletin: "The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are “unavailable” for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September."

I think we must do something for EB3 category. BTW when is congress coming back from recess? Can we do something on the visa recapture bill??

willwin
08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
From Sept 2008 visa bulletin: "The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are “unavailable” for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September."

I think we must do something for EB3 category. BTW when is congress coming back from recess? Can we do something on the visa recapture bill??

I don't think we can do 'anything' about EB3 I. We are 100% at the mercy of USA (politicians, USCIS, DOS or whoever).

We can write letters, emails, fax, contribute to IV but nothing is gonna help. This is the fact!

We are not going to get our GC when we need it but only when they give it. And, it is not going to happen anytime sooner.

The options that we have in front of us (which would work for sure):

1. Live with this. Don't come to any forum, don't think about VISA bulletin. Take your Gc when it comes to your doorstep. May be by then, we may not need it. We may be tired of being on the same job and GC may not bring any motivation to our career.

2. Move over to EB2 - If possible, take all the pains of changing job, place of living, unpredictability in PERM queue and I140 queue and move over to EB2. But you never know. One of our Indian brothers might have just won a lawsuit to stop us from moving over!! In that sense, EB3 I is worst than illegals. Least wanted legals in the USA!!

3. Get out of this country - Give up the American dream and come to reality and start a new dream. May be Canadian dream or Australian dream...

We are stuck. And, nobody is going to help us. This is hard fact. Believe it.

Wearing my optimist hat, the only thing I can think of is, whether IV supports it or not (reason I say this is - once we talk about this -the core is going to refer to poor 'high five' collection or 'low number of people calling congressmen' etc. Not blaming them. They have their own issues. For us, the problems are bigger. IV core will not do anything for EB3 I exclusive) some 50-100 EB3 I applicants should go to DC and meet high officials, CHC folks and every department that is influential to EB immigrant VISA and make them understand our plight. No guarantee that this would work. But, we will get a first hand response that may atleast help us to chose from one of 3 options listed above.

edgarrecto
08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
who will act if we will not act!!!

who will move if we will not move!!!!

if not now, when?

GCOP
08-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you Conchshell , willwin for your active participation to resolve EB3 visa problem.
I agree to go to DC and meet congress members , which would probably help to win support for Visa Recapture Bill.
Whichever date you decide, just PM to me.
IV help will be appreciated to arrange the meetings.

I don't think we can do 'anything' about EB3 I. We are 100% at the mercy of USA (politicians, USCIS, DOS or whoever).

some 50-100 EB3 I applicants should go to DC and meet high officials, CHC folks and every department that is influential to EB immigrant VISA and make them understand our plight. No guarantee that this would work. But, we will get a first hand response that may help atleast help us to chose from one of 3 options listed above.

hpandey
08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
What they are calling HEAVY DEMAND from EB-3 when it has been unavailable for the last two months and before that it was stuck in 2001. There are a whole lot of visas going to EB-2 people who filed in 2006 just two years back . If a person who filed in 2001 can't get his GC compared to a person who filed in 2006 then I don't think there is any hope .

I don't find their statement acceptable . There is demand only if there is supply . If the supply is zero how can there be demand ? Even if they allocated one visa to EB-3 and there were 10 people in the line before the cut-off date that could be called heavy demand.

I don't think the Congress is going to act until after the elections ( assuming they ever do anything to bring us relief )

lifesucksinUS
08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I am sorry but is the September visa bulliten out? What is the status for EB2..
Thnx

malaGCPahije

This is truly sad. And I agree with WillWin that we need to do something. IV core has time and again stressed that they will not do anything for a certain EB group. I understand their stance. But every other EB group is getting help from somewhere. For EB3-I, forget getting help, we are actually losing every day forward.

I have lost hopes now, after reading this today. This may as well be my final post to IV. I will keep my recurring payment to IV going on. Hopefully it will help my EB2 friends get their GC and help those people (refer to the Indian friends voting for lawsuit against EB3 to EB2 porting) who want to further turn the screws on EB3-I. How much can you beat a man (or a group) that is already battered?

Best of luck to you all.

nonimmi
I believe some top-level IV core members are EB3-I with PD 2003-04. So it is hard to believe that they are not worried watching "U" month after month and don't want to do anything about it. But as IV-Core they can not just do something for EB3-I. We need to find a way to fix this issue without creating another subgroup for EB3-I and take advantage of IV movement.

insbaby
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
We can write letters, emails, fax, contribute to IV but nothing is gonna help. This is the fact!

Yes. It may help, but EB3 is not the one who is going to get any piece out of it, as EB2 is increasing in huge amount. Even if it is CURRENT for 10 years, thats not going to help anyone below that level as everyone will qualify for EB2 in future, almost all the future candidates will have minimum of 5 years experience.

1. Live with this. Don't come to any forum, don't think about VISA bulletin. Take your Gc when it comes to your doorstep. May be by then, we may not need it. We may be tired of being on the same job and GC may not bring any
motivation to our career.

Well, if one decided to continue the process of waiting, there won't be any career to talk about at the end.

2. Move over to EB2 - If possible, take all the pains of changing job, place of living, unpredictability in PERM queue and I140 queue and move over to EB2. But you never know. One of our Indian brothers might have just won a lawsuit to stop us from moving over!! In that sense, EB3 I is worst than illegals. Least wanted legals in the USA!!

Not possible for all to go to EB2 as most of the companies hesitate to spend huge amount again and same is applicable to the individual too. It may not be worth at the end to spend another 5K on this. Well said, we should then fight with our own friends (because they may not like us to get the Lion's share) before going to DOS and USCIS.

3. Get out of this country - Give up the American dream and come to reality and start a new dream. May be Canadian dream or Australian dream...

I am waking up from 'abroad' dream. The real dream in front is "Home", without any issue that works for me.

GCOP
08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I believe, as mentioned earlier by willwin; we should meet the congress members to win their support for Visa Recapture Bill. IV is requested to set up the date and meetings. We are ready to participate.

desi3933
08-13-2008, 05:02 PM

We are not going to get our GC when we need it but only when they give it. And, it is not going to happen anytime sooner.

The options that we have in front of us (which would work for sure):

1. Live with this. Don't come to any forum, don't think about VISA bulletin. Take your Gc when it comes to your doorstep. May be by then, we may not need it. We may be tired of being on the same job and GC may not bring any motivation to our career.

We are stuck. And, nobody is going to help us. This is hard fact. Believe it.

Wearing my optimist hat, the only thing I can think of is, whether IV supports it or not (reason I say this is - once we talk about this -the core is going to refer to poor 'high five' collection or 'low number of people calling congressmen' etc. Not blaming them. They have their own issues. For us, the problems are bigger. IV core will not do anything for EB3 I exclusive) some 50-100 EB3 I applicants should go to DC and meet high officials, CHC folks and every department that is influential to EB immigrant VISA and make them understand our plight. No guarantee that this would work. But, we will get a first hand response that may help atleast help us to chose from one of 3 options listed above.

The only practical solution, IMHO, is to move over to EB-2. Like they say, If you can't beat them, join them.

minimalist
08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
This is truly sad. And I agree with WillWin that we need to do something. IV core has time and again stressed that they will not do anything for a certain EB group. I understand their stance. But every other EB group is getting help from somewhere. For EB3-I, forget getting help, we are actually losing every day forward.

I have lost hopes now, after reading this today. This may as well be my final post to IV. I will keep my recurring payment to IV going on. Hopefully it will help my EB2 friends get their GC and help those people (refer to the Indian friends voting for lawsuit against EB3 to EB2 porting) who want to further turn the screws on EB3-I. How much can you beat a man (or a group) that is already battered?

Best of luck to you all.

EB3 can only be helped when every one else is done.The way the preference categories are setup is that and the numerous cases from 2001 amnesty flooded the EB3 queue causing the retrogression. I don't suppose there can be any thing done to help EB3 specifically. We are at the bottom of the pile. If we have to be helped to get up, every one on top needs to be helped first.
Unless the visa recapture happens, there is no hope. Folks with 2001/2002 PD , keep your spirits up. You are almost there.
All others, if you can try EB2 porting, that's the way to go.

---
EB3-I , May 2006
Contributed 100$

485Mbe4001
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
We have a one month window to push for HR 5882, let us focus on that. if it doesnt work then we have no hope. at this rate EB3 will not even move 6 months per year. In retrospect every minor gain for the EB community has had major implications to EB 3 and the backlog as a whole (just venting a bit, dont want to drag it into a big discussion). I remember last year there were many who were saying 'now that we have EAD and AP we are good', this year many will realize the additional pain of renewals and waiting.

Oh's site mentions the following (per country limit is both family and EB based)
"The numerical limits for FY-2008 are as follows: (a) Worldwide Family-sponsored preference limit: 226,000, (b) Worldwide Employment-based preference limit: 162,704. Under the INA Section 202(A), the per-country limit is fixed at 7% of the family and employment annual limits. For FY-2008 the per-country limit is 27,209. The dependent area annual limit is 2%, or 7,774.
"

hpandey
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
EB3 can only be helped when every one else is done.The way the preference categories are setup is that and the numerous cases from 2001 amnesty flooded the EB3 queue causing the retrogression. I don't suppose there can be any thing done to help EB3 specifically. We are at the bottom of the pile. If we have to be helped to get up, every one on top needs to be helped first.
Unless the visa recapture happens, there is no hope. Folks with 2001/2002 PD , keep your spirits up. You are almost there.
All others, if you can try EB2 porting, that's the way to go.

---
EB3-I , May 2006
Contributed 100$

EB-3 won't need help when everyone else is done because the only people left to allocate visas would be EB-3 only . I guess we are just in for a long long wait.

gcdreamer05
08-13-2008, 05:36 PM
so any hopes about what would happen on oct 2008 bulletin for eb3, will it go back to nov 2001 or atleast will it go to 2003 :(

It looks like a long wait for us eb3 folks.........

485Mbe4001
08-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Till last year EB 3 would get additional visa from the leftovers of ROW, both EB2 and EB 3-I would benefit from the ROW visia, now all the visas are going to EB2, so i agree with you, there is little hope for EB 3.

Why are there no repurcussions if USCIS admits that they were incorrectly allocating the visa earlier. they can suddenly change the rules and everybody keeps quiet....strange.

EB-3 won't need help when everyone else is done because the only people left to allocate visas would be EB-3 only . I guess we are just in for a long long wait.

she81
08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
EB3 is totally doomed. They are not even approving 140s for EB3, visa number issues come later. Although I've been doing it, I seriously didn't come here to spend my time writing letters just to get one simple application processed for which I'm overqualified (I am qualified for EB2, but my company pushed me into EB3). And yes, that doesn't work either. USCIS does have time to draft and send back a reply to the congresman but not to look at my simple and sweet case.

If they (USCIS) don't know what they are doing, who are we to educate them?

conchshell
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
I started a thread couple of weeks back. It met an untimely death because of lack of participation from people. Just to revive your memory :
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20406

Today we are here almost on the verge of disintegration as an organization. And this is because we always believed in our minds that we are nothing but a bunch of opportunists coming together for our individual cause of getting a GC. What we see today is an outcome of what we always believed. Soon EB2 will disappear, and EB3 will be left alone fighting for their GC's. And at some point of time they will also go away, all that's left will be "guests" using IV as a discussion forum. May be what I suggested can be termed as "Quixotic" but unless we aim high, we will never reach high.

Guys, I am an EB2 with PD in 2004, but I will always stand together with you, no matter what. A GC for myself alone will never satisfy me, because number of my friends, my family members are in EB3, and I am not mean enough to celebrate for myself when majority of my friends and family members are sad.

she81
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Till last year EB 3 would get additional visa from the leftovers of ROW, both EB2 and EB 3-I would benefit from the ROW visia, now all the visas are going to EB2, so i agree with you, there is little hope for EB 3.

Why are there no repurcussions if USCIS admits that they were incorrectly allocating the visa earlier. they can suddenly change the rules and everybody keeps quiet....strange.

Thats USCIS - Uncertain Surreptitious and Careless Institution to Select future immigrants.

insbaby
08-13-2008, 05:45 PM

That situation never occur. EB2 is going to be always filled up. No one is going to apply in EB3 in future and all in EB2, so all will go to EB1,EB2.

indyanguy
08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
The other thing i'm trying is your Option 2 - If that succeeds ( before our Indian Brother files lawsuit to stop Porting) I should be good. But that's a dream because my EB3-I 140 is stuck at Nebraska - once that comes out of that hell , i should be going on full steam. It wont be difficult to find a Job with my skillset who will sponsor me a new PERM and new EB2 140 and port my Lousy Eb3 140 Priority Date.

I am exactly in the same situation. Sometimes I feel that I should just dump the EB3 application (PD: 12/04) and start a brand new EB2. Maybe the EB2 PD of say 12/08 will end up to be better than EB3 12/04.

she81
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I am exactly in the same situation. Sometimes I feel that I should just dump the EB3 application (PD: 12/04) and start a brand new EB2. Maybe the EB2 PD of say 12/08 will end up to be better than EB3 12/04.

I believe everyone is thinking in the same direction... but if and only if we're able to come out of the blackhole called I-140.

mjadala
08-13-2008, 05:50 PM
We should do our best to push the bills to recapture unused visas by Sept end.

Also the one for STEM and per country quota. Otherwise we are looking at a long wait.

indyanguy
08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I believe everyone is thinking in the same direction... but if and only if we're able to come out of the blackhole called I-140.

Well, you don't need to wait for I-140 to come out of the blackhole if you are dumping the old case and starting a new EB2 case. According to my lawyer, new EB2 140s are getting processed at a much higher rate than those EB3 140s that were filed July 07.

rajuseattle
08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
My only hope is somehow either the senate or the house version of employment based lost visa caoture bill gets into law, either FY2009 or FY2010.

If nothing happens to this effects we are royally screwed , until USCIS and DoL changed their interpretation for the spillover VISA numbers falling into EB-3 bucket we had some hope of catching up with some backlog, but now it seems PD will be stuck around 2001/2002.

I dont know why USCIS /DoL allowed the labor substitutions when they knew majority of the times Labor substitute option was abused by Desi consultants to get Green Cards. Thanks god they stopped this malpractice a year ago and now heavily scritinizing the pending LC applications for I-140 else the genuine folks like me who were the victims of DoL BEC and USCIS backlog would have suffered more.

I am also of the opinion similar to IV member "malagcpahije" and this is probably my last post in the IV as I dont see IV is a united organization, thier is a huge split between different factions of the employment based visa applicants and only relief we are going to get is from US policy makers, in this bad economy noone is willing to even talk about pro-immigration bills. Going to Washington DC will not serve any purpose other than watching those world famous museums and white house.

I am really feeling sad for leaving IV, all the best for the folks who still have faith in IV and its core team.

rajuseattle.....

she81
08-13-2008, 05:54 PM
But why should we lose the PD that we've been hanging on to for so long. For all we know, they might retrogress EB2 next - with USCIS, there's no room to take chances. I'm on my 10th yr here and don't want anything to go wrong at this point.

indyanguy
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
But why should we lose the PD that we've been hanging on to for so long. For all we know, they might retrogress EB2 next - with USCIS, there's no room to take chances. I'm on my 10th yr here and don't want anything to go wrong at this point.

Have you given a thought or spoken to a lawyer about starting EB2 PERM when your EB3 140 is pending? After your EB2 PERM is approved, you have 6 months before interfiling your EB2 140 with your EB3 PD. I think that is long enough for your EB3 140 too be approved.

AFAIK, this can be done with little or no risk to your EB3.

she81
08-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Have you given a thought or spoken to a lawyer about starting EB2 PERM when your EB3 140 is pending? After your EB2 PERM is approved, you have 6 months before interfiling your EB2 140 with your EB3 PD. I think that is long enough for your EB3 140 too be approved.

AFAIK, this can be done with little or no risk to your EB3.

Yes, but my current company is not willing to file a second EB2 case for me.

sparuthi
08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes. It may help, but EB3 is not the one who is going to get any piece out of it, as EB2 is increasing in huge amount. Even if it is CURRENT for 10 years, thats not going to help anyone below that level as everyone will qualify for EB2 in future, almost all the future candidates will have minimum of 5 years experience.

Well, if one decided to continue the process of waiting, there won't be any career to talk about at the end.

Not possible for all to go to EB2 as most of the companies hesitate to spend huge amount again and same is applicable to the individual too. It may not be worth at the end to spend another 5K on this. Well said, we should then fight with our own friends (because they may not like us to get the Lion's share) before going to DOS and USCIS.

I am waking up from 'abroad' dream. The real dream in front is "Home", without any issue that works for me.
For EB3 i think there are 3 opportunities.. one pastures are turning green near home and India is not a bad place to be at this time ( i have heard salaries of 30-35L being common these days). thats one.. combined with 1 if the employer agrees (assuming they have operations in india), EB3 can be in india for a year and come back on L1A in an executive/managerial position and get into EB1 (few of my friends have done this successfully)...that was 2... and the last one is try to get into EB2 in the US which can be risky as others have pointed out..

so choices is there.. one has to be bold to take the step

mpadapa
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Getting HR 5882 / S 3414 (recapture bills) through congress is the only hope for EB3's.

Changing the spillover will not help EBI because in both the spillover interpretations EB3I is the last in the chain. The only reason EB3I benefited from earlier spillover interpretations was because there weren't any ripe EB2-I cases available and it spilled over to EB3I. Reverting to the old spillover interpretation will not benefit EBI but sure it will benefit EB3-ROW.

Let us focus on getting the recapture bills through. Call u'r congressman/senator and start pushing for the recapture bill. EB3I has been benefited until now because of the AC21 recapture. Now it is time for another recapture.

vik352
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
EB2 requires Masters or 5 years of experience. For those waiting in the queue for more than 5 years should automatically qualify for EB2 because they have 5 years of experience. I dont care the fine wording that says the job needs Masters or 5 years of experience. We should push lawmakers for this option to reduce the huge backlog. What do others think of this option and start a campaign for it?

h1xfer485
08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates" are “unavailable” for both August and September..blah blah..
MAY BE it talks specifically about "Mexico EB3". otherwise it would have been: "Mexico F2A and all EB3"...

vkannan
08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Agreed. HR 5882 / S 3414 is the only hope.

485Mbe4001
08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Thank you. you are one of the very few, i commend you on your post and support.

The last couple of VBs have brought out the worst amongst us, so much for together we stand, after reading the posts, it was more like 'you stand while i climb over you' :)

I started a thread couple of weeks back. It met an untimely death because of lack of participation from people. Just to revive your memory :
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20406

Today we are here almost on the verge of disintegration as an organization. And this is because we always believed in our minds that we are nothing but a bunch of opportunists coming together for our individual cause of getting a GC. What we see today is an outcome of what we always believed. Soon EB2 will disappear, and EB3 will be left alone fighting for their GC's. And at some point of time they will also go away, all that's left will be "guests" using IV as a discussion forum. May be what I suggested can be termed as "Quixotic" but unless we aim high, we will never reach high.

Guys, I am an EB2 with PD in 2004, but I will always stand together with you, no matter what. A GC for myself alone will never satisfy me, because number of my friends, my family members are in EB3, and I am not mean enough to celebrate for myself when majority of my friends and family members are sad.

vkannan
08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates" are “unavailable” for both August and September..blah blah..
MAY BE it talks specifically about "Mexico EB3". otherwise it would have been: "Mexico F2A and all EB3"...

Good interpreation there bro', too good to be true.

for_gc
08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Good interpreation there bro', too good to be true.

Doesn't help us any. The spillover numbers will go to the country which is most retrogressed. So, if Mexico EB3 goes back to April 2001 and stays there and there are any spillover numbers they will first go to Mexico.

mpadapa
08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
This the time to unite rather than giving up.
Beware of HR 5924, this bill is planning to set aside 20k EB3 visa's for nurses instead of the current 10K. If EB3 folks loose focus and fail to push for recapture bill and somehow HR 5924 is passed. EB3 will be doomed.

Getting HR 5882 / S 3414 (recapture bills) through congress is the only hope for EB3's.

Changing the spillover will not help EBI because in both the spillover interpretations EB3I is the last in the chain. The only reason EB3I benefited from earlier spillover interpretations was because there weren't any ripe EB2-I cases available and it spilled over to EB3I. Reverting to the old spillover interpretation will not benefit EBI but sure it will benefit EB3-ROW.

Let us focus on getting the recapture bills through. Call u'r congressman/senator and start pushing for the recapture bill. EB3I has been benefited until now because of the AC21 recapture. Now it is time for another recapture.

bharol
08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
EB2 requires Masters or 5 years of experience. For those waiting in the queue for more than 5 years should automatically qualify for EB2 because they have 5 years of experience. I dont care the fine wording that says the job needs Masters or 5 years of experience. We should push lawmakers for this option to reduce the huge backlog. What do others think of this option and start a campaign for it?

Experience gained on the same position for which labor was filed, is not counted.
Logic being that it would be seen as on job training and they could have
easily hired a US citizen with less or no experience and trained him as well.

So the experience should be before joining that position as temporary worker.

Person offcourse can chose to quit the company and join another company
and file in EB2.

kumar1
08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Thank you for this thread. This news has given me fresh energy to start my case one more time under EB-2 category. I just finished filing a long document for my attorney. This news has given me enough strngth to do that. My advise, I do not see any hope in EB3-I category, unless someone makes a change in existing laws. I can't complain about EB-3 either because we could file I-485 during July-07, my wife got EAD and we do not have to go to consulate every time we visit home country. When there is a will there is a way. It is hard to just sit and watch this so called BS or DOS visa bulls.

Legal
08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
This the time to unite rather than giving up.
Beware of HR 5924, this bill is planning to set aside 20k EB3 visa's for nurses instead of the current 10K. If EB3 folks loose focus and fail to push for recapture bill and somehow HR 5924 is passed. EB3 will be doomed.

The nurses bill is actually good for all EB applicants since 20k new GC numbers will be created. That's not from the EB pool.

amslonewolf
08-13-2008, 06:27 PM
EB3 from June 2008 bulletin

All Charge-ability Areas -1-Mar-06
China - 22-Mar-03
India - 1-Nov-01
Mexico - 1-Jul-02
Philippines - 1-Mar-06

September 2008 bulletin -Comment
D. VISA AVAILABILITY FOR OCTOBER
The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are “unavailable” for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September.

My take on this is that there might be some balancing act across the EB3-Sub categories. If you notice in the June 2008 dates, there is a huge discrepancy in the EB3- Sub categories.

For example, Philippines is 1-Mar-06 and India is 1-Nov-01.

Who knows, they might move back the EB3- Philippines/ROW and move forward (or leave it on 1-NOV-01) the EB3-India dates.. This is a possibility from the text of the September 2008 bulletin. So, it's not all gloom and doom for EB3 Categories..

sidbee
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
If anybody thinks that he can file a lawsuit against EB3 to EB2 porting , and he will win , I am pretty sure he is wrong , He is just talking from his heart.

EB3 is screwed, and we have nothing other than hope , Wait Wait Wait.

There is no use for EB3 to be sad , and unhappy.Enjoy your days here and work here till you want to , if u have to leave US leave US.

Que Sera Sera..

I am not a lawyer and this doesn't constitute as a legal advice.

pani_6
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
New Action Item for EB-3

jthomas
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Since EB3- I is doomed can I apply for consular processing and move to canada since i recently got canadian green card. I have a EAD and AP and I am in H1B status too.
Gurus please suggest.

Maybe if many EB3-I guys would move to another country. Some actions may be seen.

EB3-I PD Oct 06

gconmymind
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
The only practical solution, IMHO, is to move over to EB-2. Like they say, If you can't beat them, join them.

IMHO, yes, please move to EB2 if you can find a new job within your company or outside. EB3 is in limbo and not sure how long it will take to get resolved.

I am lucky enough to have an EB2 job with current PD. Several of my friends who are eligible for EB2 could not find suitable EB2 jobs and could not file in EB2.

GreenCard4US
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Mr. Ron Gotcher believes that it means "Mexico F2A and [Mexico] employment third preference cut off dates.” Had they meant Worldwide, they would have said so explicitly".
Relax guys.:)

sri1309
08-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Guys,

We saw the September bulletin..
We knew what to expect..
But we were all a little hopeful to see some miracle happen.
And we were doing this every month.

NOW comes the count down we all were waiting for the last few months. Oct bulletin. In that, most of us are expecting some good news.. But what if it moves 3 months forward.. What if it moves 2 years forward. Then it will stop there for next 1 year, while we check every month.. Then it moves back.. Do we want this..
Its not going to make much difference to most of us here.
THIS IS THE TIME TO ACT NOW. We must all do some campaign may be flowers, may be cards, or I donno.
I have written today to all the six members or reps to help us, but a bunch of mails will not help. JUst imagine if all the people in waiting sent the letters. Imagine 100,000 mails going to each of them, or 100,000 flower bouquets going to all.
Please please, lets act now. These small fixes cannot help us. If they want to put any quota limit, that should be at the main entry level whatever the non-immigrant category. Not at the other point when people start applying for GCs and suffocate here. We dont deserve this.
Please Lets act now., ONce again.. We did it in the past and it helped..
We need to do it again... Together we can do it. Together ONLY we can do it..

EB2 guys and others who got approved.. Please dont forget what you went thru. Please put more efforts and help all in case you can .

Sri.

ajju
08-13-2008, 10:01 PM
What they are calling HEAVY DEMAND from EB-3 when it has been unavailable for the last two months and before that it was stuck in 2001. There are a whole lot of visas going to EB-2 people who filed in 2006 just two years back . If a person who filed in 2001 can't get his GC

I think they are talking about EB3 Mexico... Doesn't make any sense for EB3-India as it has already been unavailable.. so what does heavy load signifies... I am positive EB3-I will open up... may be more retrogressed than last availability.. but it will be available on Oct 1...

senthil1
08-13-2008, 10:55 PM
The following are the reason for Eb3 situation.
Anyone who have 3 year or 4 year degree can apply. So Other country also there is a demand. So it is nearly impossible to get other country quota. For a few thousand green cards atleast 100k persons might have applied till 2008 in EB3. So there is not much chance for improvement. It may move a few months to 2 years in 2009.If some bill is passed then most persons will get relief. But still some chances for recapture bill in house. But the reaction at Senate to be seen. Next year they may give a best attempt for CIR so that Congressmen will get a chance to do overtime also for hot news in Media. As usual CIR is unpredictable at best.

I think they are talking about EB3 Mexico... Doesn't make any sense for EB3-India as it has already been unavailable.. so what does heavy load signifies... I am positive EB3-I will open up... may be more retrogressed than last availability.. but it will be available on Oct 1...

sidbee
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM
This is the third place where I am posting this ..well why not ..In my view this is worth a shot since greenspan is also talking about it.
-----------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080813/bs_nm/usa_economy_greenspan_dc
-----------
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan predicts U.S. house prices will begin to stabilize in the first half of next year, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Greenspan also offered a novel suggestion to bolster the housing market -- increase the number of potential home buyers by admitting more skilled immigrants

Thats why USCIS/DOS are trying to make EB2 current , so that they all can buy houses and save the economy :-)

sri1309
08-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Dear IV,

Its not about me. I am planning to do a flower or some campaign that all will agree upon in less than a week. We must do before the next bulletin comes out.

Is it possible for IV to send a very good number of flowers to the departments.
The basis for this is that some of the people here probably may not be comfortable to send to all the members due to whatever restrictions they may have(ideally they must be able to do themselves). If so, we can start a new campaign and make some fund and once again shoot that may flowers to make some difference. IV can go to a big place and place a huge order. Just my 2c.
Sorry if I sounded stupid.
Sri..

never_giveup
08-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I have been reading your suggestions about visiting DC and/or organizing flower campaign. They are good suggestions and I really liked the flower campaign when it was first done in 2007. But I think, repeating it and sending bunches of flowers to the offices of senators would not influence them as much.

Instead I think, if we can all send some donations to a charity which each of these senators is associated to, it would help the charities and might also influence the senators/congressman more. This will also serve as a reminder about the positive contributions of the immigrant community to this country.

I would welcome suggestions from other experienced members on how this can be implemented. But my initial thoughts are, we identify the senators/congressman(woman) we want to contact, select a local charity, or a charity to which these people are associated with, and send in checks of 5 or 10 dollars per person to each of these charities.
Even if each of us is willing to contribute $100, we might be able to reach 10-20 of these lawmakers. And there is nothing we are losing here even if the lawmaker turns a blind eye to our cause. The money will be used for charity and so it serves some purpose.

And along with the donations, we can request them to support the Visa Recapture Bill, which will help all of us.

And my EB2 friends, we need your help also, as you never know how these dates can change in the coming months. Nothing is done and over untill you get the physical card. Dont mean to dampen your spirits, but you and I know what the truth is.

Let me know if there are any takers for this.

sri1309
08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I would name such a fund "Visa recapture fund" or something that clearly identifies our requirement. But again, we will not be very loud if you contribute to such funds as, when compared to many others who contribute, our number is very small.
We must be able to push ourselves forward with the clear banner and express ourselves.
Sri.

never_giveup
08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I agree. This should be in regards to EB3 Mexico. Mr. Gotcher also thinks the same, as stated in one of his posts.
Eb3 guys and gals ... don't be disheartened .... October bulletin might have some positive news atleast for the 01-02 filers.
I am 03 btw!!!!!

trueguy
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Mr. Ron Gotcher believes that it means "Mexico F2A and [Mexico] employment third preference cut off dates.” Had they meant Worldwide, they would have said so explicitly".
Relax guys.:)

Mexico EB3 has been Unavailable since last 2 months so why USCIS will make a special comment about that country.

I am sure DOS is referring to entire EB3 Category in their Sep'08 Visa Bulletin. No hopes for EB3-I if PD goes back to Apr'2001 again.

s_r_e_e
08-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Dear IV,
Its not about me. I am planning to do a flower or some campaign that all will agree upon in less than a week. We must do before the next bulletin comes out.
Is it possible for IV to send a very good number of flowers to the departments.

i believe IV leadership has mentioned many times that 'more visa numbers' is the only solution to this mess. Which can be only done by changes in law.When IV planned some thing for it (recapture bill phone call campaign) the participation was not great.

I wonder, every one running like headless chicken solves any thing.

what demand are you planning to put forward with this new flower/other campaign?
________
Buy Glass Pipes (http://glasspipes.net/)

GCapplicant
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I read in one of the Ron's post -CHc trying to stop even small immigration bills which has no amesty in it.So even the nurse recapture bill is at stake.

So ,I'm sorry -I beleive no one will even touch our case.Apply in EB2 port PD or get new PD either will be helpful .But seeing new backlog for I 140 its terrible.

I might apply for Canadian GC-Having kids here ,man they are adapted to this country living.That's the only thing bothering - kids future.

So this bill this year is at stake for sure.No one cares ...including change-what change there woudnt be any change in new party too.Its all drama going.I lost the trust.Its as if EB3 is not educated.

I'm just wondering-Will this problem be there if it were for ROW-or is it our color...that they dont want to aid.It's sure racism.

How many EB3 are there in total...Who asked them to flood the applications last year? :mad:

Its bloody hell out here.no wonder some people become saddist later half ...who woudnt when they are treated like this from begginning.

Now I have to hate myself applying in EB3.:rolleyes:

EB2 guys have been diverted from participating in any campaign now.so no bothering congressmen.

I have mailed to Senator Menendez -NJ thanking him for introducing the new bill and to do the needful.So far no news.

h1techSlave
08-14-2008, 02:07 PM
If we can collect some data regarding the home purchasing trends among skilled immigrants vis. their GC status, that would be great.

For example:
% of people who have a home while they are in H1B status: a%
% of people who have a home while they are in EAD status: b%
% of people who have a home while they are in GC status: c%
% of people who have a home while they are US Citizen: d%

If we can collect the data for the variables a, b, c and d and if the value of c is significantly higher than a or b, then we do have a strong case.

But how will we collect data for a, b, c and d? I do not know?

This is the third place where I am posting this ..well why not ..In my view this is worth a shot since greenspan is also talking about it.
-----------

-----------
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan predicts U.S. house prices will begin to stabilize in the first half of next year, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Greenspan also offered a novel suggestion to bolster the housing market -- increase the number of potential home buyers by admitting more skilled immigrants

sri1309
08-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Sree,

Headless chicken.. You called me headless chicken .. how dare you.. :)

Just kidding.. You are perfectly right.. Thats the right word and I have said the same even in my first post here. I would request again somebody from IV admin group to take the lead and gather all EB3 to one forum to make a difference. I see atleast 4-5 threads here with same topic.

I would suggest the campaign can have "Visa number recapture, immediate greencard for anyone more than 5 years legally in the US, make all cases current, but apply the quotas at H1 or F1 levels and no limits at GC level. I have many ideas,. but we all must come together and ask just a couple of things or one (recapture) and fight for it. We can do other things too, but a flower campaign will not hurt. IN the worst case it will not make any effect.
We can always send cards which is much easier than flower..

Please come up with something and we can make some progress. Assuming OCt bulletin is coming out on Sep 10th, we have just 26 days to make any difference. That too it must reach them way in advance to effect any change. Lets set a deadline of Aug 25th and do it..
Sri.

sri1309
08-14-2008, 03:08 PM
H1 Tech Slave

You also want to add How many on H1 who are ready to buy a house but unable to, not sure of the status. You can count me in.
Sri.

nlssubbu
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
The following are the reason for Eb3 situation.
Anyone who have 3 year or 4 year degree can apply. So Other country also there is a demand. So it is nearly impossible to get other country quota. For a few thousand green cards atleast 100k persons might have applied till 2008 in EB3. So there is not much chance for improvement. It may move a few months to 2 years in 2009.If some bill is passed then most persons will get relief. But still some chances for recapture bill in house. But the reaction at Senate to be seen. Next year they may give a best attempt for CIR so that Congressmen will get a chance to do overtime also for hot news in Media. As usual CIR is unpredictable at best.

EB3 does not require a 4 year degree. It consists of people helping in cooking, full time baby sitters from third world countries, helpers in grocery stores, farm workers, nurses, etc as well. This is why the participation of EB3 folks here is very less and IV attracts only the technical work force. I would suggest a mass campaign to attract this crowd as well to IV for support. Even if they are brought, due to the low wage rate I do not think how much of contribution that will result for IV.

This is my observation so far.

Keeme
08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
-----------

-----------

ADVERTISEMENT

This is what will help us to clear backlog ! Wanted to post it few days back when news came from UK they wanted to bring more immigrants as one of solution to get their economy back on track.

Guys, IF any thing may come as 'rescuer' this year and help us to come out from this backlog and move the dates forward in next year visa bulletins, that would be 'current economy and housing market situation'. IF any thing can convinced Congress to clear visa recapture bill this year, it would be only 'current housing market situation'. To get the economy back on track next year, housing market has to be improved and its not happening !

Keeme
08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
This is what will help us to clear backlog ! Wanted to post it few days back when news came from UK they wanted to bring more immigrants as one of solution to get their economy back on track.

Guys, IF any thing may come as 'rescuer' this year and help us to come out from this backlog and move the dates forward in next year visa bulletins, that would be 'current economy and housing market situation'. IF any thing can convinced Congress to clear visa recapture bill this year, it would be only 'current housing market situation'. To get the economy back on track next year, housing market has to be improved and its not happening !

EB3 guys - Just hang on ! Good news are on your way !

webm
08-14-2008, 04:57 PM
EB3 guys - Just hang on ! Good news are on your way !

What can we expect?? any source you got??

------------
EB3-I

delhiguy79
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM
guys i think USCIS is not interested in giving EB 3 guys GC...

as mostly EB 3 guys r ppl with Bachelors (and less than 5 yrs exp) or who are stuck with EB3 due to there company (like me)...

EB 2 guys r mostly with ppl having masters degree from US...so i guess they will definetly get more preference than eb3...

I guess US wants to raise there economy by giving GCs...so that ppl more ppl will buy houses....

I hope something happens for EB3 also...but I guess in Oct bulletin PD for EB3 will b some month in 2001....
so gud luck to all of us

Keeme
08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
guys i think USCIS is not interested in giving EB 3 guys GC...

as mostly EB 3 guys r ppl with Bachelors (and less than 5 yrs exp) or who are stuck with EB3 due to there company (like me)...

EB 2 guys r mostly with ppl having masters degree from US...so i guess they will definetly get more preference than eb3...

I guess US wants to raise there economy by giving GCs...so that ppl more ppl will buy houses....

I hope something happens for EB3 also...but I guess in Oct bulletin PD for EB3 will b some month in 2001....
so gud luck to all of us

I don't agree with it and hope not ! As latest Visa bulleting states - DOS people had predicted and planned - They will move EB3 dates forward to cover all June applicants - that means moving cut-off dates for EB3 - India to Jun 2003 as per Jun 2007 bulletin. For some reason - they see heavey demand now and it may not be the case in next bulletin. Still they beleive its diffcult to predict any dates for EB3 before mid Sept. They are working and intention are there to help EB3 applicants. That leads to make me believe that dates for EB3 - India would move to somewhere Nov-Dec 2002 to Jan-Feb 2003 in next bulletin.

javadeveloper
08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
USCIS should come up with strategy like if you are in US for 'X' years and if your 485 pending for 'Y' years and if you own a house worth 'XXX$' , then they should give GCs irrespective of Category(Eb1,Eb2,Eb3,Eb4 etc..)

aray
08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't agree with it and hope not ! As latest Visa bulleting states - DOS people had predicted and planned - They will move EB3 dates forward to cover all June applicants - that means moving cut-off dates for EB3 - India to Jun 2003 as per Jun 2007 bulletin. For some reason - they see heavey demand now and it may not be the case in next bulletin. Still they beleive its diffcult to predict any dates for EB3 before mid Sept. They are working and intention are there to help EB3 applicants. That leads to make me believe that dates for EB3 - India would move to somewhere Nov-Dec 2002 to Jan-Feb 2003 in next bulletin.

What are you talking about?
For EB3, DOS had predicted that in the Oct. 2008 VB, dates would be reinstated to the June 2008 (not June 2007) VB dates. This means that if that is still going to be true, Oct. 2008 VB dates would be Nov 2001. Where do you get June 2003 as the EB3 VB dates?

Am I missing something here? But if your prediction is true, I will buy you dinner!!!

Keeme
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
What are you talking about?
For EB3, DOS had predicted that in the Oct. 2008 VB, dates would be reinstated to the June 2008 (not June 2007) VB dates. This means that if that is still going to be true, Oct. 2008 VB dates would be Nov 2001. Where do you get June 2003 as the EB3 VB dates?

Am I missing something here? But if your prediction is true, I will buy you dinner!!!
"""The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are “unavailable” for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September. """

Let's understand it ! I'm sure you are aware about July 2007 Visa Bulletin fiasco. It made every category "C". Before that in June 2007 bulletin - they moved dates for EB3 & EB2 singnificantly. For EB3 India - it moved from May 2001 to Jun 2003 - People who filed their AOS are 'June' applicants and People who filed because of July 2007 bulletin are 'July/Aug' applicants

DOS refering to these June applicants means having PD earlier than Jun 2003. I hope its clear to you.

Keeme
08-14-2008, 06:54 PM
USCIS should come up with strategy like if you are in US for 'X' years and if your 485 pending for 'Y' years and if you own a house worth 'XXX$' , then they should give GCs irrespective of Category(Eb1,Eb2,Eb3,Eb4 etc..)
People who can buy houses are more important to USCIS/US than people who already have bought houses.

acecupid
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Mass porting to EB2 category is the only option. I think most people with old EB3 PD can easily do it. I was reluctant initially but since there is no light at the end of the tunnel, why not take a chance while PD porting is still available. Dont get discouraged by people advising against it, since there is no hope for EB3 anyways.

pani_6
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Yes June may be June 07 and so you may see dates moving to June 03..lets see next month..

javadeveloper
08-14-2008, 07:39 PM
People who can buy houses are more important to USCIS/US than people who already have bought houses.

Thats what I am saying , if they come up with strategy like this , people will start buying homes.

conchshell
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Guys good news from my side. Just got most awaited Card production Ordered emails for my wife and my son. I have not received the email for myself though. When I checked the status on Case Status Online site, I found that 485 for all three of us have been approved.

My priority date was Oct 2004 at NSC. Came to US in Feb 2000, so almost 8.5 years of waiting is finally finally over. I hope that NSC picks up the pace and approve all the people who are current.

Trust me!! I am not going anywhere. I will enjoy my green but at the same time will always work relentlessly to get the immigration reforms. I also prey from God almighty that all my friends/family members stuck in EB2/EB3 will also get their GC ASAP.

Wish you all the best, even though I have crossed the fence towards the greener pasture, I am always there to lend you a hand and help you climb up and jump across the fence.

satyasaich
08-14-2008, 07:55 PM
"""The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are “unavailable” for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September. """

Let's understand it ! I'm sure you are aware about July 2007 Visa Bulletin fiasco. It made every category "C". Before that in June 2007 bulletin - they moved dates for EB3 & EB2 singnificantly. For EB3 India - it moved from May 2001 to Jun 2003 - People who filed their AOS are 'June' applicants and People who filed because of July 2007 bulletin are 'July/Aug' applicants

DOS refering to these June applicants means having PD earlier than Jun 2003. I hope its clear to you.

If one thinks with cool head, what you said makes sense. also if you remember when EB3 (I) was actually retrgoressed on Jan1/2005, the PD was jun/2002. Then it was retrogressed all the way back to 1999 or something. Later on, slowly it came up to March/2001 & stopped there for a while due to the so called 'Hump' (due to 245i cases, i think)
AND slowly but steadily PD for EB-I crawled up to Nov/2001 until May2007.
Suddenly in June'07, the PD was advanced to June/2003 and i know so many pending cases were cleared around july and august of 2007.
So far what i've mentioned are all facts only.
Now looking forward for fiscal year allocations starting from Oct'2008, i can say the PD for EB-I will begin atleast Jun'2002. May be even a better PD but i'm not sure. For sure there is a good chance of making progress to end of 2003 when it comes to Sep'2009. This is based on availability of only those visa numbers as mandated by law as of today.
Any comments

aray
08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't think its June 2007. If it means all EB3 categories and not just EB3 Mexico then it means June 2008

for_gc
08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Guys good news from my side. Just got most awaited Card production Ordered emails for my wife and my son. ...

Congratulations Conchshell !!

You really seem to be a very level headed guy. Hats off to you !

radosav
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
I am EB3 ROW / PD Nov 2005

have no hope of getting GC in the next 2 yrs, so we decided to put in our applications for Canada. Took us some time to assemble all the documents, but God willing we will mail the package out next week.

485Mbe4001
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
I doubt that USCIS can talk cryptic like Alan Greenspan, they probably meant that the PD will be back to what it was in june 08. There are only 3k visas per category and thousands of applicants, i dont see a logical reason why the dates will move 2-3 years. If they do, i too will buy you dinner. nothing is logical with USCIS... during the last couple of weeks of September you will see significant numbers of EB 2 approvals and then its back to one for another year.

The main reason for the 2 year movement in june 07 was because they wanted to allocate all unallocated visas for the year, then the July VB came out and the rest is history. They have improved the coordination between DOJ and USICS since. Just want to be realistic, if we start assuming thing people get complacent and stop doing the little activities that help us.

wantgc23
08-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I have read the Original quote several times and dont see how they mean June 2007, To me it is clear that they are talking about June 2008.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I think we are looking at something like Sept 2001 for EB3-I in Oct bulletin.

I doubt that USCIS can talk cryptic like Alan Greenspan, they probably meant that the PD will be back to what it was in june 08. There are only 3k visas per category and thousands of applicants, i dont see a logical reason why the dates will move 2-3 years. If they do, i too will buy you dinner. nothing is logical with USCIS... during the last couple of weeks of September you will see significant numbers of EB 2 approvals and then its back to one for another year.

The main reason for the 2 year movement in june 07 was because they wanted to allocate all unallocated visas for the year, then the July VB came out and the rest is history. They have improved the coordination between DOJ and USICS since. Just want to be realistic, if we start assuming thing people get complacent and stop doing the little activities that help us.

aray
08-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I totally agree with you. I have read the original message several times too and I am sure they mean June 2008. Our only hope is if they meant Mexico only, and not al EB categories.

I have read the Original quote several times and dont see how they mean June 2007, To me it is clear that they are talking about June 2008.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I think we are looking at something like Sept 2001 for EB3-I in Oct bulletin.

ab_tak_chappan
08-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Yea thats true, but what is not to like about your post?
actually people are already complacent ..eb2 is in joy and waiting impatiently, eb3 people have given up hope and there is not much news from core. people may not like my post but that is the fact

trueguy
08-14-2008, 11:50 PM
actually people are already complacent ..eb2 is in joy and waiting impatiently, eb3 people have given up hope and there is not much news from core. people may not like my post but that is the fact

I agree. Nobody wants to talk about EB3-I, not even core IV.

delhiguy79
08-15-2008, 12:10 PM
If its 2001 or 2003 ... ppl like me who r in EB 3 (with PD March 2007) will not get GC for next 4-5 yrs until and unless they spill Eb 1 cases evenly to Eb2 and Eb3...which is next to impossible :eek:

sidbee
08-15-2008, 12:49 PM
If its 2001 or 2003 ... ppl like me who r in EB 3 (with PD March 2007) will not get GC for next 4-5 yrs until and unless they spill Eb 1 cases evenly to Eb2 and Eb3...which is next to impossible :eek:

dost,

who told u, that the PD progresses linearly with time ,

I am also 2007 PD , and if there is no change i am sure we are not gonna see a GC in 10-20 years.

485Mbe4001
08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
True, once the people realize that they are close to GC they forget all tasks and move on to the other forums (R2I or USC or whatever) there are very few who actually stay on and help add this to the fact that most of the EB3-I's got fed up with the nonsense going on (most were only looking for a sounding board to voice their dismay, instead they were reminded of the caste system). So EB2's stop working because their PD is current and EBs stop because there is little hope/chance/help. We can dissect the VB as much as we want, the fact of the matter is that EB3 as a whole and EB3 (india &China) in particular are screwed big time. There is hope in the Logfren bills but the congress seems to have other 'important' issues to discuss.

We should take the campaign to a new level move from individuals to involving groups and compaines. They have more money and power to make things move. EB3 & EB2 discussions will go on for ever, we can either decide to wallow in our sorrow or do something. Lets identify groups who can help us and write to them. Each EB should talk to his/her HR and ask them to write a letter to their congressman/Senator it will have a bigger impact.

What are your thoughts?

ssa
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I think we will see a renewed activity on IV forums in 2009. I still believe visa recapture bill like HR5882 has a good chance of getting passed. It may not get passed in this congress considering how few working days are left and presidential elections in November. But in 2009 the bill should gain new momentum with new congress and new president in office.
Also, by that time EB2 dates will be again retrogressed and those impatiently waiting for their approvals today will be back to support new action items. Please don't take this as spiteful wish against EB2, I'm EB2 myself! Just that I don't think everyone who is current now will get their GC before October 2008. For once I would be overjoyed if I'm wrong on this one :)

True, once the people realize that they are close to GC they forget all tasks and move on to the other forums (R2I or USC or whatever) there are very few who actually stay on and help add this to the fact that most of the EB3-I's got fed up with the nonsense going on (most were only looking for a sounding board to voice their dismay, instead they were reminded of the caste system). So EB2's stop working because their PD is current and EBs stop because there is little hope/chance/help. We can dissect the VB as much as we want, the fact of the matter is that EB3 as a whole and EB3 (india &China) in particular are screwed big time. There is hope in the Logfren bills but the congress seems to have other 'important' issues to discuss.

We should take the campaign to a new level move from individuals to involving groups and compaines. They have more money and power to make things move. EB3 & EB2 discussions will go on for ever, we can either decide to wallow in our sorrow or do something. Lets identify groups who can help us and write to them. Each EB should talk to his/her HR and ask them to write a letter to their congressman/Senator it will have a bigger impact.

What are your thoughts?

java4yogi
08-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi guys,

Some of the old timers could benefit with this thought, if things move forward slightly for EB3

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=278068#post278068

ab_tak_chappan
08-15-2008, 09:53 PM
do u expect people to stick around even they get their GC? come on dude.. once anyone gets a GC they start working towards their next target. I don't see anything wrong in it:D:D

What are your thoughts?