PDA

View Full Version : October Visa bulletin - discussion

phigi
08-13-2008, 05:36 PM
It's hard to use all of that free time now available.. spent watching out for bulletins.
whatz in store for the NEW era - Oct 2008 - what are your thoughts on this.

insbaby
08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
It's hard to use all of that free time now available.. spent watching out for bulletins.

You must be crazy if you are EB3.

vkannan
08-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Lets predict for entire '09:D:D:D.

IVBuzz
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM

ALL cat C :)))))))))

vkannan
08-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Bro, should the next step be predicting when VB will be released in september 10/11/12/???????????????:D.

reddog
08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Eb3- I - June 2004.

polapragada
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM

Aug 2009 I am filing my I485 (Who Am I? Mr. Optimistic)

kondur_007
08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Hmm...I think this is an interesting thread. Here are my predictions for Oct VB:

EB1: Current all across

EB2 ROW: Current
EB2 China: June 2006
EB2 India: Jan 2004

EB3 ROW: Jan 2006
EB3 China: Dec 2003
EB3 India: June 2002

This is purely and educated guess. This predictions are based on approximate visa numbers that would be available in the firest quarter and dates during last two quarters of prior fiscal year. It is likely that dates will move slowly thorughout next fiscal year (probably by a year in each category) till the last quarter when there will again be a big jump to utilize visa numbers from EB1 and EB2 ROW with a good possibility of EB2 becoming current all across.

EB3 ROW has a pretty good future next fiscal year and I would not be surprised if it becomes current or near current. EB3 India and China will probably have to wait till next July when the pressure builds up to use all the numbers, EB2 becomes current (but will not make difference to USCIS as once it moves to that point, only new 485s will be filed which will not be procesed, all they have preadjudicated is likely to be used up in next couple of months) and unless USCIS keeps good number of EB2 India apps preadjudicated for the last quarter, there will be spillover to EB3 and then EB3 India and China will move together.

forever
08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Marc Faber’s comment on US economy - TOO GOOD

Dr. Marc Faber concluded his monthly bulletin (June 2008) with the
Following:

“The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China . If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in US. I've been doing my part.”

calboy78
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
We have predicted enough I guess - now a days it does not even give a laugh.

If we want to help ourselves - try figuring out reasonable things that uscis/dhs/dos/congress will do and then help IV push for it.

If we want to have some laughs - There is a nice thread "Lighten Up"

-----------------------------------------
All these are "opinions" of "mine"
-----------------------------------------

kondur_007
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
If we want to help ourselves - try figuring out reasonable things that uscis/dhs/dos/congress will do and then help IV push for it.

Good point. I have raised this issue many times. This is the perfect time to organize our agenda to be included in upcoming CIR and our strategy with CHC. All these predictions hold true only if the current system does not change. But the system is likely to change in next 1-2 years as some form of CIR is inevitable.

A statistical pearl: 1 million GCs granted every year. Out of that only 140,000 are granted to EB immigration and their families! (only one seventh)...where is the competitiveness of 21st century?

prioritydate
08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmm...I think this is an interesting thread. Here are my predictions for Oct VB:

This is purely and educated guess. This predictions are based on approximate visa numbers that would be available in the firest quarter and dates during last two quarters of prior fiscal year. It is likely that dates will move slowly thorughout next fiscal year (probably by a year in each category) till the last quarter when there will again be a big jump to utilize visa numbers from EB1 and EB2 ROW with a good possibility of EB2 becoming current all across.

EB3 ROW has a pretty good future next fiscal year and I would not be surprised if it becomes current or near current. EB3 India and China will probably have to wait till next July when the pressure builds up to use all the numbers, EB2 becomes current (but will not make difference to USCIS as once it moves to that point, only new 485s will be filed which will not be procesed, all they have preadjudicated is likely to be used up in next couple of months) and unless USCIS keeps good number of EB2 India apps preadjudicated for the last quarter, there will be spillover to EB3 and then EB3 India and China will move together.

It doesn't make any sense to retrogress India EB2 to January 2004. We are stuck in January 2004 for over an year. Almost 80-90% of cases before 2004 got approved. What would they achieve by retrogressing to Jan 2004? Just to relax and not work? I think after I get my G.C, I will apply for IO post.

gc_on_demand
08-13-2008, 11:53 PM
As always when new fiscal year starts they have few visa in first quater ( Atleast no Spillover ) .

Now that if they have some files left from 2004 and was not approved because of some stupid reason then they may set Priority date to Early 2004. and clear those folks first. Then from Second Quater they donot have much case from 2005 so it will makes them to come back 2006 case . and dates will move around 2006 for second quater. In last quater they will get spillover and have idea of how many visas they have so they will come to 2007 cases and again they may reach till end of 2007 cases in end of 2009.

Believe me dates for Eb2 India will not be current unless HR 5882 will get pass. As they try to clear backlog we will see huge demand. Either through new labor or through Eb3- Eb2 people. Also dont forget that lots of people got F1 visas in 2006 and done with MS in 2008 average and having on H1b for 2 years in 2010.. so that surge will make backlog in 2010 for Eb2 - India.

Only HR 5882 can bring some relief till 2010 to all EB system. Now we have to see if they attempt to touch in Sept month. Personally I believe they will pass HR 5882 very quickly ... may be whole drama will over in day. This is strongly personally guess.

But I can gurantee that Demand for Eb2 or Eb3 India never be less.

masouds
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM
" ...The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in US. I've been doing my part.”

Dream on. The beer has gone to InBev (belgium). Prostitutes are from all over the place.

edgarrecto
08-14-2008, 01:01 AM

the department of state has already assured the public in their announcement that they will make the rest of the fiscal year (july, august september) to be unavailable for eb3. then they continued saying that they will return what was left off on the june 2008 bulletin wherein the priority dates is march 1,2006.
how come that they are again conditioning the minds of the public that they will again move backwad the priority dates?
they should not give out statements that will confuse the public. they should better show us statistics on how they arrive at their conclusions.
the best thing is for all of us to unite and discuss and plan what actions we must undertake. as the saying goes "united we stand, divided we fall".

GCVictim
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM

girishvar
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I wish everyone current. Hope the congress will pass recapture bill in September.

eeezzz
08-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I think...
EB2- India --- Oct 2020
EB2- China --- Oct 2020

EB3- India --- U
EB3- China--- U

Thanks for your prediction on 2022. But we are talking about Oct. 2008 here.

eeezzz
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM

Following:

“The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China . If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in US. I've been doing my part.”

What kind of Dr. is he? He obvious has no idea about what is computer, based on what he said.

phigi
09-06-2008, 01:49 AM
As I read in on usvisainfo , the Oct bulletin should be available on monday... it will be interesting to look at the dates on it.
Most of us look forward to a retrogression.... awww..

inskrish
09-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Bro, should the next step be predicting when VB will be released in september 10/11/12/???????????????:D.

The dates are finalized on 8th Sep., but I don't know when they will be available to public.

gveerab
09-06-2008, 02:07 AM
:D

As I read in on usvisainfo , the Oct bulletin should be available on monday... it will be interesting to look at the dates on it.
Most of us look forward to a retrogression.... awww..

kumarc123
09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Aug 2009 I am filing my I485 (Who Am I? Mr. Optimistic)

I like the attitude, optimism helps a lot.

Thanks

alterego
09-06-2008, 02:50 PM
and many people who get GC through family quota give it up ...I met several Indians who got their GC's through family quota ..but the problem was that they got it when they were 60 plus ..atleast 10 families that I know want to give back their GC and spend their retirement in India

With current US immigration policy as it is. These people can come to the US in their latter years just in time for social security and medicare.
All the while, young productive types are kept in queue, prevented from laying roots here and just might be likely to take their savings and skills in the other direction.
Ever an upside down policy if there were one.
Atleast those families you speak of were being honest and thinking of staying put in India and giving up their green cards. The current policy invites the kind of behavior I mentioned earlier.

gimme_GC2006
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
tick.tock..tick..tock

waiting for Oct 08 bulletin. :D

GLTA

prem_goel
09-08-2008, 01:44 PM

All due to the horizontal spill-over policy adopted by USCIS? I thought they have mentioned it in the visa bulletin as well that India/China EB2 will always be the same dates.

ItIsNotFunny
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM

I believe EB3 India will open with Nov 2001 itself where they closed last. I guess they mentioned this last bulletin too. Even if they have numbers available, they will move cautiously (as they don't have brain as we know so far).

msp1976
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Eb3- I - June 2004.
:eek:
holy c*ap !!!
I am July 2004..
You cut me off by 1 month !!!

forward one month !!! Please ! Please !! Please !!!!!!!!

:eek::eek:

sledge_hammer
09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Anheuser Busch (makers of Budweiser) was sold to a Belgian company :-)

Following:

gconmymind
09-08-2008, 02:21 PM
:eek:
holy c*ap !!!
I am July 2004..
You cut me off by 1 month !!!

forward one month !!! Please ! Please !! Please !!!!!!!!

:eek::eek:

All this visa dates being current, etc. is crap. There is no RD/PD processing being followed. I know a few people from 2006 PD who filed 485 in August 07 who are approved. While I am happy for them, there is no way I can feel happy when my dates are current. There is no guarantee when you would get your GC after the dates become current.

iluvgc
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
All this visa dates being current, etc. is crap. There is no RD/PD processing being followed. I know a few people from 2006 PD who filed 485 in August 07 who are approved. While I am happy for them, there is no way I can feel happy when my dates are current. There is no guarantee when you would get your GC after the dates become current.

Bulletin will be out on friday addressing all your issues.

rsdang
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Guys I would take "dates current card not received yet" status to "dates not current" any day... I understand the frustrations but the first gives me more hope and I am not letting it go yet...

So

Eb2(I) - Jan 2007 this month and
EB2(I) - March 2007 next month...

Have my fingers crossed...

NKR
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
There is no guarantee when you would get your GC after the dates become current.

Right on dude, right on... My PD, ND and RD is a couple of days here and there from yours and I know how you feel..

WaitingForMyGC
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Guys.. have patience..wait for Saint Patrick's day..you all will get your GREEN card.:)

NKR
09-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Guys.. have patience..wait for Saint Patrick's day..you all will get your GREEN card.:)

We have had St Patricks day all these years waiting for our GC, what makes you think this year’s will be special?

jsb
09-08-2008, 05:37 PM

Any info on if they are following any sensible sequence now?

USCIS loves wide open PD's. That way, they don't have to make effort to find approvable cases, case on the top is approvable.

desi3933
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Bulletin will be out on Friday addressing all your issues.

Wake Up and Stop dreaming. :D

jsb
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Opening too much PD cut-off dates creates such problems, although it makes USCIS job easy to use up visas fast, and tell their bosses that they are working very efficiently. They don't care who gets or who should get. This inefficiency always existed, but we now know about it due to better transparency thru these forums.

Jitamitra
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I hope EB-2(I) moves up by a month Sept06. Missed filing my I-485 last year and guess what my PD is Aug 3rd 06.

Missed it by a freaking 3 days :(

piyu7444
09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I can only comment on EB2 ----India......

Eb 2 India - Dec 2006

desi3933
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
EB-2 India/China - PD is likely to be mid 2005.

VivekAhuja
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM

Following:

THIS IS STUPID BECAUSE FABER DOES NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ECONOMICS. MOST OF THE VENDORS LIKE WALMART MAKE ABOUT 40% PROFIT ON EVERY ITEM THEY SELL - THAT $$ REMAINS IN THE US. AND THEN, THERE ARE TONS OF DIFFERENT TAXES ON ALL PRODUCTS. THAT MONEY ALSO REMAINS IN THE US. PLUS, THE IDEA OF THE $600 REBATE IS TO GET MONEY FLOWING IN THE ECONOMY, NOT ABOUT WHERE THE MONEY ENDS UP.

trueguy
09-08-2008, 07:21 PM
The calendar is updated now and HR 5882 is scheduled for Sep 10, see below:

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html

I wish DOS release Visa bulletin tomorrow so Senator can present it in this hearing on Sep 10 and explain how much PDs are retrogressed.

Thanks.

piyu7444
09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I can only comment on EB2 ----India......

Eb 2 India - Dec 2006

This is what is called "factor J" from some non-EB2 members.....as if the red dot & comment would change date on visa bulletin / with USCIS.

Not surprised to see it but it proves what kind of people are around. :)

Thread Date Comment
October Visa bulletin -... 09-08-2008 03:44 PM you suck EB2

imm_pro
09-08-2008, 07:36 PM

I wish DOS release Visa bulletin tomorrow so Senator can present it in this hearing on Sep 10 and explain how much PDs are retrogressed.

Thanks.
good find..any guesses as to what happpens in a full commitee hearing ?

misanthrope
09-08-2008, 08:43 PM
This is what is called "factor J" from some non-EB2 members.....as if the red dot & comment would change date on visa bulletin / with USCIS.

Not surprised to see it but it proves what kind of people are around. :)

Thread Date Comment
October Visa bulletin -... 09-08-2008 03:44 PM you suck EB2

Haha! Does it tell you that who gave you a red dot? Dude, people get red dots here for GUESSING unfavorable visa bulletin dates. What an EPIC FAIL.

Btw, what is "factor J"? That totally went over me.

pa_arora
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM
my guess for EB2 India is Dec 2004.

the reason (for retrogression)- an IO told me, FBI will process all the NCs pending for more than a year by Nov, so they have to make the old cases approve out of the way inorder to move further. which in my personal opinion makes more sense. also keep in mind there will be no overflow of the visas in the first quarter too.

chintu25
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
There was a number that people called to find out about Sept 2008 BULLETIN

If anyone knows that number please post here

Thanks

gc_on_demand
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM

Thanks

Search bulletin with 212 .. u will get it..

chintu25
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks

slammer
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks

It's mentioned at the end of the VB and is 202 663 1541. I just called and they still give the September dates.

Rita

gccovet
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Following:

wow!!!
nice Sarcastic criticism!!! by Faber.
GCCovet

HopeSprings
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
ROTFLCOPTER!

I got a red dot too for my post. Who so ever gave it to me, at least be a man and leave your username here, you pussy.

This is what the comment read.
October Visa bulletin -... 09-08-2008 11:00 PM like this

I mean seriously? You think this would make me lose sleep or something? What a fucking idiot.

Anyways, EB-2 would probably end up staying where it is. Maybe a mild retrogression of 2-3 months in a worst case scenario.

Admins,
Don't we have any filter in this forum to block posts with such objectionable words?
One has every right to vent out his/her anger but use of such foul language is simply not acceptable.

Leo07
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Guys,

He has only 6 posts and you folks gave him 6 dots to drive him away?:):)

BTW, I don't agree with the language either...but c'mmon...hez a newbie here.

hmikki
09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
all they have preadjudicated is likely to be used up in next couple of months and unless USCIS keeps good number of EB2 India apps preadjudicated for the last quarter, there will be spillover to EB3 and then EB3 India and China will move together.

kondur_007 - slightly off topic here but can you please let me know what preadjudicated means? From what I gather - the case has been processed in all respects, its just waiting for a visa number. Is that right?
The reason I am asking is, my AOS was approved in Nov 2007 (PD: EB2 July 2003) while my wifes application is still pending. An InfoPass appt later I was told that her application has been "preadjudicated" :confused:. I am still trying to get a definite answer on what this means.

piyu7444
09-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Haha! Does it tell you that who gave you a red dot? Dude, people get red dots here for GUESSING unfavorable visa bulletin dates. What an EPIC FAIL.

Btw, what is "factor J"? That totally went over me.

I dont care who gave me red dots....and i dont think it tells me who gave it......never tried to find out if there is a way to find out the 'ID'

Factor j means being jealous for any reason. Here being jealous might be caused by the fact that all eb1 numbers are flowing to eb2 and not flowing to eb3 OR it just might be my prediction that EB2 ll move FWD....

he he !!! I dont get time to be on the board but it is just "amazing"

jsb
09-09-2008, 02:02 PM
kondur_007 - slightly off topic here but can you please let me know what preadjudicated means? From what I gather - the case has been processed in all respects, its just waiting for a visa number. Is that right?
The reason I am asking is, my AOS was approved in Nov 2007 (PD: EB2 July 2003) while my wifes application is still pending. An InfoPass appt later I was told that her application has been "preadjudicated" :confused:. I am still trying to get a definite answer on what this means.

Yes, preadjudicated means what you described. However, that does not mean that on the first day when your wife's PD gets current a visa will be issued. What matters more is when USCIS gets to her file in stacks of files not arranged by PD or RD. Case initiation is not at the system level, but it is at the paper file level.

kumarc123
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM

Interesting,
Do you have any quantative data to back your statement? All our analysis informs us, that dates wil move forward.

Thanks

nk2006
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks.

Yes HR 5882 is scheduled for tomorrow and there is a need to call house judiciary members to urge them to support. Please refer to Pappu's thread for details.

If this bill passes - it will have huge positive impact on all of our cases - we will not have to predict these stupid monthly bulletins anymore. Please call ASAP.

jsb
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
... All our analysis informs us, that dates wil move forward....

What analysis indicates that EB2-I dates need to move forward? Are they finished with all/most cases for current cut-off dates, and have nothing to do unless dates are moved forward?

prem_goel
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
considering that USCIS might not have received sufficient number of applications since most of the folks if not all, have already applied in July 07?

prem_goel
09-09-2008, 04:45 PM
All due to the horizontal spill-over policy adopted by USCIS? I thought they have mentioned it in the visa bulletin as well that India/China EB2 will always be the same dates.

saying he disapproves of my posting - i would love to hear your views if you disagree! this is what a forum is all about!

DSLStart
09-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Just called TSC and talked with IO. Told her my 485 has been pending since last 3 years, PD is current but nothing moving. She was very reluctant to give any information. Still after insisting she took my receipt number and asked if I was EB2 or 3? I replied EB2. She said my case hasn't yet been assigned to officer and asked me twice to check Oct bulletin. I suppose she was hinting that my PD won't be current in coming Oct bulletin.:mad::mad::mad:

chi_shark
09-09-2008, 05:02 PM
May be she did not want to spoil your surprise by leaking any good news??? got optimism?

Just called TSC and talked with IO. Told her my 485 has been pending since last 3 years, PD is current but nothing moving. She was very reluctant to give any information. Still after insisting she took my receipt number and asked if I was EB2 or 3? I replied EB2. She said my case hasn't yet been assigned to officer and asked me twice to check Oct bulletin. I suppose she was hinting that my PD won't be current in coming Oct bulletin.:mad::mad::mad:

HawaldarNaik
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I beleive dates will move back to sometime end 2004 , for EB2

amslonewolf
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Using June 2007 dates

and

guidance statement from the September 2008 bulletin

my prediction for EB-3 India would be June 2002..

xela
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I hope they become current so people can at least get their eads and invoke the 180 days and switch jobs, i mean come on if you make us wait years after we can finally file, might as well give us the chance to switch jobs, if we want to, without the whole H1B all over again.

I dont know but by now i feel like the whole PD and RD is all just fun for USCIS.
I have the feeling that anyone that got transferred because of the july 2nd disaster (i sent my case to NSC and it was receipted in CSC and tranferred back in september to NSC) seems to be in their computers with the september date not the july date.
Maybe not, but for all the EB3 I guys, I am sorry that you have been waiting as long as you have, I am EB3 ROW and my first i485 was filed in 2003 so believe me ROW is not that great either.
Maybe EB2 is a solution, but at least in mycase I am stuck with a job that does not require (it s preferred) a masters so the fact that i have one does not matter.

in the end i guess i wish you all good luck because we all need it :)

tejonidhi
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
It looks like we will not retrogress significantly.
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6176

calgirl
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
NOW I hope he is right and we don't retrogress significantly!

gc_dedo
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
There are still lot of 2004 EB2 people waiting
So EB2 dates must move back.

EB3 i stopped thinking about it (for India)

parvatneni
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi Guys, I am new to such forums and this is my first post/question .

I recently opened service request with USCIS for case[485] out of processing date and in the follow up call today I was able to get th IO officer [2nd level after the CSR] and he mentioned as my case is still not been assigned but he was able to confimr my name check was cleared.

Could any one please share what happens - when PD is current and Name check is cleared.
1.is there any specific date for 485 processing after name approval,
2. is the name check done every time you renew the EAD and get fingre printing .

key press on how to get the USCIS customer service rep on phone. 1-800-375-5283 ->1[language]->2[case status]->3[dont have the receipt number]

how long does it take after name check is cleared and PD is current for processing the I 485 application?

My PD is Jul 13th 06 from India
I-140 approved October 07
I 485 submitted on july 3rd.[pending]

shiankuraaf
09-09-2008, 11:49 PM
I have strong hunch on this date. Do not aks me why. Any thing between Aug 04 and April 2005 is possible. But anyway its just a prediction... I sincerly declare that I do not have any connections with people working for USCIS or for that matter with any GOV institutions as like all other GURUs who claim and predict.

natrajs
09-10-2008, 12:01 AM
I have strong hunch on this date. Do not aks me why. Any thing between Aug 04 and April 2005 is possible. But anyway its just a prediction... I sincerly declare that I do not have any connections with people working for USCIS or for that matter with any GOV institutions as like all other GURUs who claim and predict.

Thanks for giving me a laugh ( Your disclaimer is good)

inskrish
09-10-2008, 12:51 AM
This is my take. When one of the IV members (DSLStart) had called USCIS, the IO said twice that based on October Bullettin his/her PD (07/2005) is not current. If what DSLStart says is true, then EB2-India will retrogress to any date before 07/2005;hence, my prediction is EB2-India cutoff date will be somewhere between 12/01/2004 and 04/01/2005. Well, just in a couple of days, I hope we all will come to know the real cutoff dates:).

vdlrao
09-10-2008, 02:51 AM

EB2 will be current in the coming fiscal year. I was shouting loudly in my previous posts when Ron was saying that the EB2 India/china movement in Aug and Sep 2008 is just for consular processing but not actual movement. It seems, after five months, now he realised of EB2 movement, which I had estimated in May itself. See my previous posts.

meridiani.planum
09-10-2008, 04:02 AM
EB2 will be current in the coming fiscal year. I was shouting loudly in my previous posts when Ron was saying that the EB2 India/china movement in Aug and Sep 2008 is just for consular processing but not actual movement. It seems, after five months, now he realised of EB2 movement, which I had estimated in May itself. See my previous posts.

when dates moved there was also a thread where people were supposed to post about a 'flood' of approvals... any ideas on why we did not see a flood even though the dates moved so far so soon?

november
09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Category India Most Other Countries
E1 Current Current
E2 1 April 2003 Current
E3 1 July 2001 1 January 2005

sri1309
09-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Guys,

This is bad news, but not very surprisingly. Update from Mumbai consultate shows EB3 retro'd by 6 months and EB2 by more than 3 years.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

Core team,
We expect a campaign like we did before. For last two months, we didnt see any great action, but we expect it now,

Thanks,
Sri.

garika
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Don't know if one should laugh or cry or even be angry. USCIS can confound the best of analysts in the IV community. Frankly, I am wondering which one is worse - being at the mercy of USCIS or Govt of India (although I understand this is not the place for that discussion)

eeezzz
09-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Looks like Ron is right again. Kind of close to Mar. 2008 bulletin except not U for EB2-I

lifesucksinUS
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Guys,

This is bad news, but not very surprisingly. Update from Mumbai consultate shows EB3 retro'd by 6 months and EB2 by more than 3 years.

Core team,
We expect a campaign like we did before. For last two months, we didnt see any great action, but we expect it now,

Thanks,
Sri.

It certainly is a bad news..
guys my PD is april 2004, does that mean I stand no chance. I had RFE on 08/14.Should I still keep hopes till the end of the month, or its all over for me till my date gets current again...Senior members plsssssssss respond...

conundrum
09-10-2008, 10:48 AM
It certainly is a bad news..
guys my PD is april 2004, does that mean I stand no chance. I had RFE on 08/14.Should I still keep hopes till the end of the month, or its all over for me till my date gets current again...Senior members plsssssssss respond...

Keep your hopes up. At least I am doing that.

hmmmm... missed the freaking Oct bulletin date by abt 2 months.... so now the old wait (for PD to be current) begins.... it was current since April and nothing happened.... so I am not going to hold my breath. Did that once and I turned blue and collapsed :D

sanjay
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Dates has again gone back to ages. Its bad for all, but some where down in heart I am not feeling bad. Comapred to the anxiety ,nervousness, fretfulness that I was living with for last two months had gone now. I feal relieved. Now, I don't have to open case status check page every couple of hours to check my status. I don't have to curse my luck, as I was doing when seeing all or may be most of the 2006 cases getting approved and me seeing myself as helpless person who could do nothing about this unjustice and system.

I don't know if dates going back is good or bad. It depends from person to person how he take things personally.

Right now I am calling congress men from yesterday noon and had competed 80% of the list. I hope they bring the real ray of hope by passing this bill and then we don't have to wait for this bulletin every month.

Guy, please call as many congressmen as possible. Not for me or for some one. But for helping yourself.

chi_shark
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
folks, this is so depressing! :-( but I guess we just move on... of course, we move on and call congressmen, support IV etc...

pitha
09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I totally agree with you. To months ago before the august visa bulletin was released I was so happy because I almost forgot about the GC and after the august visa bulletin was released my whole world turned upside down. USCIS has played a cruel game on us. I would have been disappointed (just like I am now) if I did not get GC in the august but at least I would have consoled myself with the thought that my day would come if all the GC approved in august had a priority date before mine (august 2005) but uscis has approved a vast number of cases in 2006. At this point I have lost all hope. This is nothing but lottery, the script is pretty easy to guess, USCIS might move the dates again in August 2009 (may be to 2007 this time). 2006 and 2007 will get GC while the 2004 and 2005 people watch with bewilderment. USCIS what have we ever done to deserve this, is this a payback for the flower campaign. I am not even sure if I have the strength to go through this nightmare again, but then again do i have a choice other than going back.

Dates has again gone back to ages. Its bad for all, but some where down i heart I am not feeling bad. Comapred to the anxiety ,nervousness, fretfulness that I was living with for last two months had gone now. I feal relieved. Now, I don't have to open case status check page every couple of hours to check my status. I don't have to curse my luck, as I was doing when seeing all or may be most of the 2006 cases getting approved and me seeing myself as helpless person who could do nothing about this unjustice and system.

I don't know if dates going back is good or bad. It depends from person to person how he take things personally.

Right now I am calling congress men from yesterday noon and had competed 80% of the list. I hope they bring the real ray of hope by passing this bill and then we don't have to wait for this bulletin every month.

Guy, please call as many congressmen as possible. Not for me or for some one. But for helping yourself.

desi3933
09-10-2008, 11:20 AM

It is worse than what I was expecting. Not a good news.

Hopefully all people with PD 2002 and 2003 will get their GC very soon.

vissu2020
09-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Category India Most Other Countries EB1 Current Current
EB2 1 April 2003 Current
EB3 1 July 2001 1 January 2005

minimalist
09-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Guys,

Core team,

Thanks,
Sri.
You are very clear on what you expect. I know many here feel the same way. Can you also post what core can expect from you? Pappu clearly mentioned in another post that any action needs money and the contribution over a 2 month period at 5$ per person is only 4500/-. If anyone expects something to be done, they need to open their wallets and contribute. You need to show the CORE how sincere you are and one way to achive that is contribute. All you folks who are angry (otherthan the ones who are contributing already), show CORE that you need action. Post your contributions to this thread and then you can call CORE and tell them what you expect and that will give more credibility to the demands.

desi3933
09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I got red dot with this comment
The system is flawed so you get one

Thanks for venting out your frustration. Hope you get your GC soon.

rajeev_74
09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I got red dot with this comment
The system is flawed so you get one

Thanks for venting out your frustration. Hope you get your GC soon.

It is definitely fair..it was totally unfair to approve cases with later PD. btw I'm EB-3 2003 PD...

reedandbamboo
09-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Join us in doing something about it! Start here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21340

osxnewbee
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
What kind of Dr. is he? He obvious has no idea about what is computer, based on what he said.

Dude at least he is better than Wall Street analysts who bet that Bear company stocks go up in recession, because people drink more bear under depression.