PDA

View Full Version : Visit to DC for EB3

hopefulgc
08-13-2008, 06:11 PM
I wanted to get an idea how many EB2 guys would be willing to visit DC to meet lawmakers to help out our EB3 brothers. Unquestionably all EB3 should be willing to visit. This is the chance to show that IV is indeed one.

Refering to this thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20858

conchshell
08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
hopefulgc, count me in. I am EB2 India with PD Oct 2004. But as I have mentioned before lots of my friends and family members are in EB3. You have my unconditional support.

natrajs
08-13-2008, 06:16 PM
I wanted to get an idea how many EB2 guys would be willing to visit DC to meet lawmakers to help out our EB3 brothers. Unquestionably all EB3 should be willing to visit. This is the chance to show that IV is indeed one.

Refering to this thread

Dear Friend

I have done it in the past and will do it again

You can count me in

vkannan
08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Count me in. Even though I am in a EB2-India category, I will ensure to render my full support.

ab_tak_chappan
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Expect no action till the late next year, def. not before elections are over
Count me in. Even though I am in a EB2-India category, I will ensure to render my full support.

panky72
08-13-2008, 06:52 PM

Refering to this thread

I am EB-2 but I would come to help EB-3 brothers because I am sick of broken immigration system.

willwin
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM

Refering to this thread

So, obviously, you are not expecting any EB3 I to vote, right?

Or do you want EB3 I also to vote?

Redeye
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I have US Masters and my job requires EB3 classification. I am a honors student with full scholarship ( for people who think having a masters makes them special).

I am willing to go to DC and talk to lawmakers. I am ok with the wait but there should be some movement.

Thanks

pani_6
08-13-2008, 07:26 PM
send out the letters

hopefulgc
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Guys.. vote here and alos pay attention to pani_6's action item here please:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20870

send out the letters

hopefulgc
08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Please do vote..
Guys how does one edit a poll after creation.

Can somebody from Iv admin modify the poll so users can see who has voted what here.

So, obviously, you are not expecting any EB3 I to vote, right?

Or do you want EB3 I also to vote?

anilvt
08-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I am EB2 and will volunteer for any event for immigration community....i did it in dc last time and every time too ...other than emergency

Munshi75
08-13-2008, 11:47 PM
let us take an initiative and plan on meeting in the coming weeks before the end of this month and will make a push for the some of the pending bills. I am willing to travel to DC.

Any ideas or thoughts (does not matter EB3 or EB2)

willwin
08-14-2008, 12:46 AM
If IV core can help us to set these meetings up and also provide suggestions/ideas, I think with 50 participants, we can convey what we want to. If EB2 folks are also joining us, we can seek support from compete America and have representation from them as well.

We should keep this very low profile - meaning:

1. No high demands - shouldn't ask to make EB3 I current in October
2. Shouldn't compare or discuss EB2 I and C
3. Shouldn't complain their (USCIS/DOS) work style or inefficiency.
4. Don't compare us with illegals.

What we should be discussing:

1. Reference to EB3 I 2001 and 2002 cases and possibilities with new VISA flow structure
2. Difficulties in using AC21/EAD to switch jobs
3. Very importantly - how they view EB3 I dates not moving forward in the last few years (besides last july) and what their plans are to address it (besides passing a legislation)
4. To give us some direction in planning for the GC wait - by providing us how many cases are pending with break-down year wise - will indicate that people can make their own decision either to continue GC process or give up and go elsewhere (we will not demand GC but seek information to enable ourselves to make a wiser decision)
5. Their game plan if a legislation does not pass, say, for the next 2 years. Can they make some changes at administration level to help us? Like relax EAD restrictions?

These are not high demands but fair enough questions from aspiring immigrants who are in the queue as long as 8 years!!

We will send letters to President, Immigration sub-committee, DOS and USCIS chief, CHC members either before or immediately after the meeting.

The intention is not to come back with GC for every EB3 I but atleast make a representation and seek some quality information from them. Also, give them the feeling that we may not wait forever.

If these ideas are stupid, my apologies.

I strongly believe nothing like meeting with people in person.

And, if we are doing this, we should do this as early as 1st week of September.

Thoughts?

arunmohan
08-14-2008, 01:04 AM
I will come to DC.

I am sending Mirage's letter Today and will send Pani_6's letter tomorrow.

gjoe
08-14-2008, 08:22 AM
We should put our previous agenda of recapturing of unsed visas, increasing visa numbers for EB, excluding family members from being counted in the quota and lifting per country limits in the back burner.
At the moment we should demand that USCIS release the real data of pending I485 application for FB and EB categories instead of the lame DOS visa bulletin they release every month. This data should include the number of application received every month for each of the category for the last 10 years because we have people from 1998 still waiting for their GC. I repeat "WE HAVE TO DEMAND". Once we get USCIS to disclose this information we can make our own personal plans.
Without the correct data we are just shooting in the dark. The basis of our ageda itself is not on solid foundation without proper data.

DEMAND FROM USCIS FOR THE PENDING I485 application stats and we will find an answer to all out problems

sri1309
08-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Guys,

We saw the September bulletin..
We knew what to expect..
But we were all a little hopeful to see some miracle happen.
And we were doing this every month.

NOW comes the count down we all were waiting for the last few months. Oct bulletin. In that, most of us are expecting some good news.. But what if it moves 3 months forward.. What if it moves 2 years forward. Then it will stop there for next 1 year, while we check every month.. Then it moves back.. Do we want this..
Its not going to make much difference to most of us here.
THIS IS THE TIME TO ACT NOW. We must all do some campaign may be flowers, may be cards, or I donno.
I have written today to all the six members or reps to help us, but a bunch of mails will not help. JUst imagine if all the people in waiting sent the letters. Imagine 100,000 mails going to each of them, or 100,000 flower bouquets going to all.
Please please, lets act now. These small fixes cannot help us. If they want to put any quota limit, that should be at the main entry level whatever the non-immigrant category. Not at the other point when people start applying for GCs and suffocate here. We dont deserve this.
Please Lets act now., ONce again.. We did it in the past and it helped..
We need to do it again... Together we can do it. Together ONLY we can do it..

EB2 guys and others who got approved: . Please dont forget what you went thru. Please put more efforts and help all in case you can .

Sri.

sri1309
08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Dear IV,

Its not about me. I am planning to do a flower or some campaign that all will agree upon in less than a week. We must do before the next bulletin comes out.

Is it possible for IV to send a very good number of flowers to the departments.
The basis for this is that some of the people here probably may not be comfortable to send to all the members due to whatever restrictions they may have(ideally they must be able to do themselves). If so, we can start a new campaign and make some fund and once again shoot that may flowers to make some difference. IV can go to a big place and place a huge order. Just my 2c.
Sorry if I sounded stupid.
Sri..

rajeshalex
08-14-2008, 08:47 AM
count me too..
Eb2 pd dec 04

hanu_78
08-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Count me in too
I am totally pissed off with this system. The only wrong step which i took was applying in EB3 when i had three years of experience. Now i have a total almost 10 years experience in IT and still waiting like an illegal immigrant for GC.

PD : EB3 SEPT 2002.

sri1309
08-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Good to see the count already three (here) in just 30 min of posting this idea (IV's one of the peaceful ways). So I am sure there will be huge response. Please spread this message as much as you can, and see if we can gather a good #.
ALSO we will have to wait for IV Admin to approve this, as I am just a junior member and dont have that capacity. WE MUSt start one more campaign.

Please spread this among your friends and make a difference. On this INdependence eve, lets work in the same lines as those great people did. We may like one leader or we may not like due to their approaches. But one most common thing you will see in all is UNity in what they did and strength came from there. What we are asking isnt that big a deal to fix. Simple admin fix

Sri..
EB3 PD 02/04
EAD/AP/... 07/07
485 pending....forever ..
NOPE.. It shoudlnt be forever.. WE WILL fix this. We WILL try to fix this by a peaceful campaign in 2 weeks if possible. But WE is impo.

gjoe
08-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I have a total of 15+ yrs exp in the IT industry out of which 8 yrs in USA. I am also an EB3 :) BTW I have a 4 yr engg degree from a small college in india :p

Count me in too
I am totally pissed off with this system. The only wrong step which i took was applying in EB3 when i had three years of experience. Now i have a total almost 10 years experience in IT and still waiting like an illegal immigrant for GC.

PD : EB3 SEPT 2002.

gjoe
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't see a reason why you want to campaign, is it just because this months visa bulletin didn't make you happy?
Sending flowers and telling USCIS how to fix their issues will not help. We must stop and think first before we ask them to do this and than.

Good to see the count already three (here) in just 30 min of posting this idea (IV's one of the peaceful ways). So I am sure there will be huge response. Please spread this message as much as you can, and see if we can gather a good #.
ALSO we will have to wait for IV Admin to approve this, as I am just a junior member and dont have that capacity. WE MUSt start one more campaign.

Please spread this among your friends and make a difference. On this INdependence eve, lets work in the same lines as those great people did. We may like one leader or we may not like due to their approaches. But one most common thing you will see in all is UNity in what they did and strength came from there. What we are asking isnt that big a deal to fix. Simple admin fix

Sri..
EB3 PD 02/04
EAD/AP/... 07/07
485 pending....forever ..
NOPE.. It shoudlnt be forever.. WE WILL fix this. We WILL try to fix this by a peaceful campaign in 2 weeks if possible. But WE is impo.

sanjay
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Count me in. I am EB2 India with PD Aug 2004. But I have lot of friends who are struck in EB-3 I.

I live in DC area and I can spare some time to meet lawmakers.

whitecollarslave
08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I will be willing to join such a campaign.
EB2 India PD 12/05

hopefulgc
08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
EB3 are also requested to vote on this poll

May be you should ask how many EB3 will be willing, 451 EB3 voted for following poll
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=368

I will be there if we have 1000+people !

bharani
08-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Count me in.

SunnySurya
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Though I EB2 but I support this and hence I am in...at least I willing to contribute to this effort.

gjoe
08-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Because it doesn't have a good reason. Please don't waste your money.

suresh.emails
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Count me in to any IV campaigns.

I already have Green Card (GC) in hand. I would like to support IV for all good causes.

EB2-I Dec -2005 PD. GC APPROVED DATE : 08/06/2008

gene77
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
EB3-I, Oct '04

Sunx_2004
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
With due respect, Can you please tell me why it will fail?

Because it doesn't have a good reason. Please don't waste your money.

GCOP
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I am ready for Visit to DC.

gjoe
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
With due respect, Can you please tell me why it will fail?

Are you going to go there and ask for more visas or ask them to move the dates forward?

delhiguy79
08-14-2008, 04:40 PM
guys i think USCIS is not interested in giving EB 3 guys GC...

as mostly EB 3 guys r ppl with Bachelors (and less than 5 yrs exp) or who are stuck with EB3 due to there company (like me)...

EB 2 guys r mostly with ppl having masters degree from US...so i guess they will definetly get more preference than eb3...

I guess US wants to raise there economy by giving GCs...so that ppl more ppl will buy houses....

I hope something happens for EB3 also...but I guess in Oct bulletin PD for EB3 will b some month in 2001....
so gud luck to all of us

GCOP
08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Purpose of going to DC is to seek support of Congress Memebers for Visa Recapture Bill.