PDA

View Full Version : Forum people waiting for GC on spreadsheet

bsbawa10
08-14-2008, 10:43 PM
**********EDIT:
Since some people were corrupting other's data, . I do not know if it was intentional or unintentional. If it was unintentional and you do not know how to use spreadsheets, please Fill the form by going to
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pQG8H7vLQOz5-YnFYQw71PA

To view the complete data, please visit the link : i.e.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pQG8H7vLQOz5-YnFYQw71PA&t=6902263567496904009&guest

The spreadsheet is totally sorted now according to the PD. I had to make one change though. The day of the month of PD was not mentioned and I had to write something to sort it out. I made it 1st of the month for everybody to be able to so sorting. I guess we can live with that abstraction.

Some people are not acting responsibly on the data. I made changes now. I brought the data back and also you will have to login into your gmail account now tobe able to make changes.

My humble request to all please act responsibly.
Do not edit somebody elses data.
Do not add/delete/modify any column.
Do not sort the data. If you really feel the urge, import it to your local computer and then sort it.
I will sort the data according to PD periodically.

You can add your own row at the end . Also please please do not sort the data.

bsbawa10
08-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Idea is good. But, I can see the rows being edited every now and then. So, how secure is the data really?

It is not secure, all forum people have access to it.

bsbawa10
08-14-2008, 11:50 PM
The spreadsheet is totally sorted now according to the PD. I had to make one change though. The day of the month of PD was not mentioned and I had to write something to sort it out. I made it 1st of the month for everybody to be able to so sorting. You can change the day if you want to. Also please do not sort the data yourself. I will do it periodically. Just enter your info at the end.

Bawa

inskrish
08-15-2008, 12:02 AM
When I open the sheet, it shows some randomly typed alphabets on each row, and the status says gcwaitlist is modifying the content. Am I viewing the right document? :)

Rolling_Flood
08-15-2008, 12:05 AM
dude, there's gibberish in the sheet.............is this the right link?

bsbawa10
08-15-2008, 12:11 AM
dude, there's gibberish in the sheet.............is this the right link?

Some people are not acting responsibly on the data. I made changes now. I brought the data back and also you will have to login into your gmail account now tobe able to make changes.

My humble request to all please act responsibly.
Do not edit somebody elses data.
Do not add/delete/modify any column.
Do not sort the data. If you really feel the urge, import it to your local computer and then sort it.
I will sort the data according to PD periodically.

You can add your own row at the end . Also please please do not sort the data.

bharol
08-15-2008, 02:29 AM
I have now created public spreadsheet for the status of the people on this forum. You do not even have to login to be able to edit it. The url is as follows:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pQG8H7vLQOz5-YnFYQw71PA&hl=en

I may have missed some people, so please double check and add yourself. Please make sure that the date format is the same as existent so that it becomes consistent and easy to slice , dice and research. Please do not sort the data. We will sort it later on. If you sort it, the title row is also sorted plus there is too much of sorting while people are editing.

How to add an enty?
it does not let me.

bsbawa10
08-15-2008, 08:06 AM
How to add an enty?
it does not let me.

Try it now

stupendousman11
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Why are there two "Priority Date" columns?

bsbawa10
08-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Why are there two "Priority Date" columns?

There is onlly one. The other ones are for the notice date and receipt dates

bsbawa10
08-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Some nice to have changes ..
-- Category should be dropdown
-- Add chargebility (also dropdown)
-- Center should be dropdown
-- Status should dropdown

Overall i like your idea and appricate you hard work to implement it.

Excel features like drop down boxes or AutoFilters are not (yet?)
supported in Google Docs spreadsheets.

bsbawa10
08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I have made these changes ..

Thanks sachug22

bsbawa10
08-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I am going to Houston and will be ther all week next week. I am going to be very busy. Can somebody who is well versed with google spreadsheet take care of this data and moderate it. You will have to do things like:
1. Delete bogus data.
2. If somebody corrupts the data, then revert to previous revision

bsbawa10
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I observed this repeatedly, a gmail user "prakashnetmkt" has been deleting all data repeatedly and I believe intentionally. I have reverted back to the old revision again.

I have modified some permissions, so now you do have to login to be able to edit. Still it is easy to mess up the data if you want t

Link below:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pQG8H7vLQOz5-YnFYQw71PA&t=6902263567496904009&guest

venkygct
08-16-2008, 10:59 AM
whats the reason for not using IV Tracker feature for this purpose?

rkm
08-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Why dont you put a counter in the excel sheet based on the pending cases, will know how many people are in line to get approval.
I observed this repeatedly, a gmail user "prakashnetmkt" has been deleting all data repeatedly and I believe intentionally. I have reverted back to the old revision again.

I have modified some permissions, so now you do have to login to be able to edit. Still it is easy to mess up the data if you want t

Link below: