PDA

View Full Version : Calling USCIS ...

BECsufferer
08-20-2008, 07:27 AM
After reading several posts on people obtaining information about case status. Last week I finally tried. Called the 800 # and endded up talking to lady rep who told me nothing more than what the automated system said. Except she gave me referal # with target date ( 30 days from date of calling). But since the current current processing date at NSC for !485 is Aug-10/07 and my RD is Aug-09/07. She claimed I am not out of normal processing time and should wait for 30 days.

I wonder going for infopass would be of any better help than this or shall I merely wait as in past? ... what do u guys say?

godspeed
08-20-2008, 08:56 AM
After reading several posts on people obtaining information about case status. Last week I finally tried. Called the 800 # and endded up talking to lady rep who told me nothing more than what the automated system said. Except she gave me referal # with target date ( 30 days from date of calling). But since the current current processing date at NSC for !485 is Aug-10/07 and my RD is Aug-09/07. She claimed I am not out of normal processing time and should wait for 30 days.

I wonder going for infopass would be of any better help than this or shall I merely wait as in past? ... what do u guys say?

In my opinion, its better to get an infopass, either ways i doubt if you can get it in 3-4 weeks.
You can get a lot of info there (depending on IO) atleast it was informative for us.

actprasad
08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi,

I observed soft LUD's on my I131 renewal case, there is no description change, just only the dates changed from 07/22/2008 to 08/20/2008 at TSC.

Gurus, any thoughts on this. Does any of fellow brothers came across such a situation. Please can you guys share with me.

PD: 11/2005
Category: EB2-I/TSC
I140: Approved
EAD: Applied for renewal
AP : Applied for renewal

tselva
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes

I came across the situation.

actprasad
08-20-2008, 11:58 AM
My Priority Date is current and I485 is in pending, do you think is it going to trigger I485 process too?

Can you anyone share some light on this, please gurus

Thanks

gnrajagopal
08-20-2008, 12:24 PM

My receipt date is Aug 10th - 2007 and i got an approval. I have a strong feeling that you will see a ton of approvals coming out of NSC Soon. I guess they just dont do a good job of updating the status.

Also, i had a soft LUD on my AP files on 8th Aug 2008. My 485 was approved on 13th.

I hope you guys get your GCs soon too.

-------------
PD - EB2-I Oct2005 @ NSC