PDA

View Full Version : Does EB3 to EB2 help remaining EB3 queue?

Uncertain
04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Since the queue for EB3 India is very long, and if many EB3 India people change over to EB2, that will slow down EB2 India and this is what the May 2011 Visa Bulletin also says.
But shouldnt this make EB3 India go faster?
Then why do we see slow movement in EB3 India?

gc_check
04-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I would like to post a positive answer, but the fact is "it does not" . Unless the "DO Noting" Congress Does something - no relief soon. If you are young and in EB3 (with '08) PD, Use this time to earn a higher degree if possible and at some point in future, it might help you apply under the E2 or E1 category.

gk_2000
04-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I would like to post a positive answer, but the fact is "it does not" . Unless the "DO Noting" Congress Does something - no relief soon. If you are young and in EB3 (with '08) PD, Use this time to earn a higher degree if possible and at some point in future, it might help you apply under the E2 or E1 category.

+1

Though I am older and married, I am considering the same

rajuseattle
04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
gc_check:

Very good advice to young EB-3 folks.

Uncertain
04-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Please explain why not?

I think if 5000 people from EB3 India with PD in 2007 moved to EB2, then that means 5000 people are reduced from the EB3 India queue?

pd052009
04-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Please explain why not?

I think if 5000 people from EB3 India with PD in 2007 moved to EB2, then that means 5000 people are reduced from the EB3 India queue?

The fact is those 5000 people are not in the begining of the line. So you don't see date movement for EB3.

gk_2000
04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Where is my GC?

Woh mai ka lal is dharti par janam nahi liya hei dost!

lvinaykumar
05-18-2011, 01:22 PM

While waiting for my GC i have completed my Management program from Northwestern University and now i got myself ported to EB2. Knowing i cant got anywhere helped me focus on my Masters and get it completed. Now i am waiting to get the GC before i look for a new job. I think porting from EB3 to EB2 is going to help people in the EB3 queue who are not supported by their companies to covert to EB2.

dxldad
05-18-2011, 01:29 PM
While waiting for my GC i have completed my Management program from Northwestern University and now i got myself ported to EB2. Knowing i cant got anywhere helped me focus on my Masters and get it completed. Now i am waiting to get the GC before i look for a new job. I think porting from EB3 to EB2 is going to help people in the EB3 queue who are not supported by their companies to covert to EB2.

The only scenario where porting from EB3 to EB2 would help someone else in the EB3 queue is when the person who ported does not use the regular allotment of the EB3 and hence another EB3 person gets it. But then, a lot of EB3 folks get in front of other EB3s by moving to EB2 and this reduces the chance of the extra visa numbers reaching EB3. I would say porting is not good for the EB3 people staying in EB3 except a few situations.

lvinaykumar
05-18-2011, 01:42 PM
The only scenario where porting from EB3 to EB2 would help someone else in the EB3 queue is when the person who ported does not use the regular allotment of the EB3 and hence another EB3 person gets it. But then, a lot of EB3 folks get in front of other EB3s by moving to EB2 and this reduces the chance of the extra visa numbers reaching EB3. I would say porting is not good for the EB3 people staying in EB3 except a few situations.

I was not aware that EB3 were getting over regular allotment....but porting is the only way i see people getting the GC in a reasonable time-frame if you are stuck in EB3 queue :cool:

dxldad
05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I was not aware that EB3 were getting over regular allotment....but porting is the only way i see people getting the GC in a reasonable time-frame if you are stuck in EB3 queue :cool:

An analogy would be to compare porting to the HOV traffic lane. If you qualify, do port and you would get to your destination faster. It is perfectly legal too and no one should be complaining about people porting if they qualify for it.

Suva
05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
I am older and have 2 kids and I am also considering the same.

+1

Though I am older and married, I am considering the same

GCA
05-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Since the queue for EB3 India is very long, and if many EB3 India people change over to EB2, that will slow down EB2 India and this is what the May 2011 Visa Bulletin also says.
But shouldnt this make EB3 India go faster?
Then why do we see slow movement in EB3 India?

EB3 is currently in mid 2002. All EB3 filers till 2003 and may be early 2004 have waited enough and don't want to port at this time. till mid 2003, most of them received the GC during 2007 From my perspective, I don't even care if it ever comes. Couple of more years on EAD and I am set to go back. Having said that, I will still take the gc anytime it comes and if comes:). Just not after it.

EB3 to EB2 porting is more done by filers from 2004 thru' 2007 and for a good reason too. ( they will not get in a decade if they stay in EB3 unless recapture or other bills goes thru').

So to answer the question, porting will not easy the traffic until the date moves to end of 2003, then you can see some improvement as some of the original EB3's have made a smart choice and probably weree citizens by then.