PDA

View Full Version : My theory regarding new published dates:

singhsa3
08-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I think there are still some visas left for EB2 I/C but they want to distribute them judiciously.
Due to the random processing, seveal people had earlier complained to USCIS and Ombudsman. This may have probably resulted in drawing a line that would mandate following a RD by IOs.
On the other hand DOS has still not made any official statement as the visa may be available or would be available towards the end of month.
Thus all those people whose RD is earlier than the published RD and PD is within the window should remain hopeful.

jsb
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Published dates are only a general ballpark information to indicate where are for the remaining cases. Havn't they already granted visas to those filed in August/Sept '07?

This change is all due to their better understanding of what is a Receive Date. So far, they have been treating date when they physically enter data in the system (date which you see online as "we received your case on...") as the Receive Date, and making all predictions, postings and claims based on that. Now they know that it is what you see on your receipt as the Receive Date, and hence the back step in the dates. TSC is at June 18, NSC is at July 2.

They should better post where they are based on PDs, and work based on that too.

singhsa3
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I think they had understanding of RD all along. The reason I say that is anytime I contacted IO or went to InfoPass they had this information.
What was different then was that they had all applications in sets of boxes, which had random applications.
Now thinking logically, it would take them lots of efforts to sort that mess out. And the best way out is to retrogress to a point where the available number of visas will be utilized as well a degree of fairness can be achieved.
Published dates are only a general ballpark information to indicate where are for the remaining cases. Havn't they already granted visas to those filed in August/Sept '07?

This change is all due to their better understanding of what is a Receive Date. So far, they have been treating date when they physically enter data in the system (date which you see online as "we received your case on...") as the Receive Date, and making all predictions, postings and claims based on that. Now they know that it is what you see on your receipt as the Receive Date, and hence the back step in the dates. TSC is at June 18, NSC is at July 2.

They should better post where they are based on PDs, and work based on that too.

boreal
08-29-2008, 02:54 PM
I think there are still some visas left for EB2 I/C but they want to distribute them judiciously.
Due to the random processing, seveal people had earlier complained to USCIS and Ombudsman. This may have probably resulted in drawing a line that would mandate following a RD by IOs.
On the other hand DOS has still not made any official statement as the visa may be available or would be available towards the end of month.
Thus all those people whose RD is earlier than the published RD and PD is within the window should remain hopeful.

My theory is that USCIS could not handle the load of all the calls from us to CSRs, the infopass appointments, the SRs being opened...It was pretty silly of them to have moved the dates to August 10 (NSC) when there were thousands of applications with the RD of July 2. Obviously, that resulted in tonnes of SR/Infopass requests. Makes me think there is no one unit within USCIS that can do _some_ analysis regarding the consequences of their actions. This organization exhibits no accountability to anyone, i guess only action from Congress can make it be a little more responsible, but that doesnt seem a possibility as Congress doesnt really seem to have any incentive taking that route. (Even if all 300 of active IV folks cry out loud!)

dhesha
08-29-2008, 03:46 PM
So if the date is July 2, what does it mean? Does it mean they are processing cases that are received on July 2 or those who have Notice date of July 2?
Is July 2 included or excluded?

needGCcool
08-29-2008, 04:25 PM
So if the date is July 2, what does it mean? Does it mean they are processing cases that are received on July 2 or those who have Notice date of July 2?
Is July 2 included or excluded?

This includes 2nd July 2007 received date.....

Dhundhun
08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
...they want to distribute them judiciously.

USCIS ... judiciously???

LOL

SDdesi
08-29-2008, 06:01 PM
This includes 2nd July 2007 received date.....

Its very ambiguous.....on one hand they say:The processing dates shown below represent the receipt dates of petitions and applications currently being processed by the USCIS field office
and then they also say: If the receipt date shown on your receipt notice is prior to the processing date shown below, you may call USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283

So we cannot call the USCIS even if the RD is July 2. :confused::confused::confused:

eb2_485_mess
08-29-2008, 07:36 PM
what is the date shown on the online status message?
Is it RD or ND. I think ND is later than RD right. I believe they show the ND but say your application was "received on". Is it right ?

Does the processing time on website go via RD or ND?

dhesha
08-29-2008, 07:41 PM
what is the date shown on the online status message?
Is it RD or ND. I think ND is later than RD right. I believe they show the ND but say your application was "received on". Is it right ?

Does the processing time on website go via RD or ND?

I called USCIS today and they said they are using the receipt date on I797 and not on the website. Yes that is right on website they show ND and say receipt date..its all messed up, but as per totay's call, it seems 797 RD is what they are using.

eb2_485_mess
08-29-2008, 07:45 PM
did you ask them if the processing date on the website includes applications received on July 2 also? I know it is not clear... but maybe if you had asked them...?

needGCcool
08-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Its very ambiguous.....on one hand they say:
and then they also say:

So we cannot call the USCIS even if the RD is July 2. :confused::confused::confused:

Yes, we cannot call them till processing date > received date + 30 days!

shirish
08-30-2008, 12:52 PM
How do you call USCIS? I mean what options did you select to talk to some one. Looks like their options are changed.

I called USCIS today and they said they are using the receipt date on I797 and not on the website. Yes that is right on website they show ND and say receipt date..its all messed up, but as per totay's call, it seems 797 RD is what they are using.

dhesha
08-30-2008, 02:33 PM
did you ask them if the processing date on the website includes applications received on July 2 also? I know it is not clear... but maybe if you had asked them...?
Mine is July 2 and he said my file is with in processing dates and they should be working on it so I wd assume it is <=

alterego
08-30-2008, 08:05 PM
They will reply to all the SRs and Infopass that the applications are not more than a month outside of normal processing times, so they would not reply. The Processing times were moved to that July 2nd date for a specific reason.
I think that if they have some numbers they might start looking at older RD/PD. Believe it or not, they have many pending 485s with RDs even a lot earlier than July 2007.
Lets hope no numbers are lost. If they accomplish this and clear out all the 2004 PDs and earlier than 2007 July 2nd RD, that would be reasonable.
All that said, I have no trust in their communication or their abilities.