PDA

View Full Version : Security Check -- response from SR

Rolling_Flood
09-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Anyone got a generic response to an I-485 Service Request that "your case is awaiting standard security checks required for everyone who applies for this immigration benefit"?

More importantly, did anyone get an approval for their I-485 after being stuck in such a check?

Thanks much.

Rolling_Flood
09-22-2008, 10:33 PM
bump

Anyone got a generic response to an I-485 Service Request that "your case is awaiting standard security checks required for everyone who applies for this immigration benefit"?

More importantly, did anyone get an approval for their I-485 after being stuck in such a check?

Thanks much.

Rolling_Flood
09-22-2008, 11:11 PM
bump!!!!!

bump

lazycis
09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
"Yes" to both questions.

boreal
09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I got an SR response back saying that my application is "waiting to be assigned to an officer"...whatever that means...isnt every application so? I think SRs are just as useless as any other 'customer service' provided by USCIS...

BECsufferer
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
an email reply saying " ... Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below." :rolleyes:

My understanding ... bullshit! You ain't doing nothing.

InTheMoment
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes... but it also means that your app is out of the storage area into the staging queue, which means an advancement !

USCIS needs to provide a legend/work-flow chart of what they put in their SR's and where that stands in the overall flow.

I got an SR response back saying that my application is "waiting to be assigned to an officer"...whatever that means...isnt every application so? I think SRs are just as useless as any other 'customer service' provided by USCIS...

dba9ioracle
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
an email reply saying " ... Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below." :rolleyes:

My understanding ... bullshit! You ain't doing nothing.

I got similar letter for my SR regarding EAD. After I got this letter, my EAD was approved in 80 days. My EAD was pending for more than 270 days when my lawyer opened an SR. I got my EAD exactly after 365 days.

I am sure somebody is working on your case.

pa_arora
09-24-2008, 01:05 AM
I got similar letter for my SR regarding EAD. After I got this letter, my EAD was approved in 80 days. My EAD was pending for more than 270 days when my lawyer opened an SR. I got my EAD exactly after 365 days.

I am sure somebody is working on your case.
cool..hats off to USCIS...1 yr EAD will take 1 yr to process. u should apply ur next EAD now itself...this is implicit suggession by USCIS to you (and us)

Awesome job (USCIS) guys..I feel like hitting rotten eggs to the dept office..they have increased the fee but have gotten worse in level of services.

Rolling_Flood
09-24-2008, 02:14 AM
lazycis,
Thanks.

Was your answer regarding your case, or other case(s) that you may know about?

Related question, did you (or the other people) face considerable hassles for their I-485 approval(s)?

"Yes" to both questions.

lazycis
09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
lazycis,
Thanks.

Was your answer regarding your case, or other case(s) that you may know about?

Related question, did you (or the other people) face considerable hassles for their I-485 approval(s)?

It was my case. I received a few responses like that (my I-485 has been pending for 3.5 years). I would not take it close to the heart. My case, however, has been approved before Feb 2008 memo implementing 180-days rule for FBI name check.

rajeshalex
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I had received response to 140 stating pending background name check.

Here is the exact lines

"USCIS is awaiting the results of your pending background name check. The USCIS is unable to predict when a background check might be completed. so they ask us to wait 120 days before initiating another inquiry."

I am not sure whether this is related with IBIS check or name check or background check. If its an IBIS check EAD also got the same check and my EAD has been renewed twice. My FP was done in Nov 07 and after 2 days of FP my appln was transferred from TSC to NSC

Anyway I will wait for another 120 days

jsb
09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
cool..hats off to USCIS...1 yr EAD will take 1 yr to process. u should apply ur next EAD now itself...this is implicit suggession by USCIS to you (and us)

Awesome job (USCIS) guys..I feel like hitting rotten eggs to the dept office..they have increased the fee but have gotten worse in level of services.

You can't apply for EAD more than 120 days prior to expiry of your current EAD. If you do they will return your app ( might keep the check though).