PDA

View Full Version : USCIS Ombudsman Assistance Available for EAD Delay Cases

smartboy75
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
09/22/2008: USCIS Ombudsman Assistance Available for EAD Delay Cases

If your EAD applications are pending more than 90 days and you need ombudsman's assistance, the following steps should be take:
Step 1: Call USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-(800) 375-5283 and record the time/date of the call and the name/number of the customer service representative: Explain to the customer service representative that your EAD has been pending more than 90 days and ask for a “service request.” You should receive a response to your service request within a week.
OR Ask the customer service representative to request an interim card for you. You should receive an EAD or response within a week.
Step 2: If you choose to visit a local USCIS office, schedule an INFOPASS appointment to visit that office on www.infopass.uscis.gov. At the appointment, ask to apply for an interim EAD. Note that USCIS local offices no longer issue interim EADs. The local office can review your case and determine eligibility. The local office will forward your request to the USCIS service centers. You should receive an EAD or response within a week.
Step 3: If you have tried both Step 1 and Step 2 and have still not received your EAD or an interim card, please email the ombudsman's office at cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov with the details of your efforts. Please include the date and time of your call to the NCSC and the name of the customer service representative. If you visited a USCIS office, please provide that information. The office will look into your case and review how we may be of assistance.

Source: www.immigration-law.com

boreal
09-23-2008, 02:02 AM

If your EAD applications are pending more than 90 days and you need ombudsman's assistance, the following steps should be take:
Step 1: Call USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-(800) 375-5283 and record the time/date of the call and the name/number of the customer service representative: Explain to the customer service representative that your EAD has been pending more than 90 days and ask for a “service request.” You should receive a response to your service request within a week.
OR Ask the customer service representative to request an interim card for you. You should receive an EAD or response within a week.
Step 2: If you choose to visit a local USCIS office, schedule an INFOPASS appointment to visit that office on www.infopass.uscis.gov. At the appointment, ask to apply for an interim EAD. Note that USCIS local offices no longer issue interim EADs. The local office can review your case and determine eligibility. The local office will forward your request to the USCIS service centers. You should receive an EAD or response within a week.
Step 3: If you have tried both Step 1 and Step 2 and have still not received your EAD or an interim card, please email the ombudsman's office at cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov with the details of your efforts. Please include the date and time of your call to the NCSC and the name of the customer service representative. If you visited a USCIS office, please provide that information. The office will look into your case and review how we may be of assistance.

Wish they had something similar for AP too...anything? anyone?

seeking_GC
09-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Hi boreal,
I had a problem with my wifes AP- they had not acted on it for 4 months I asked them to expedite it since we wanted to visit my father in law who was hospitalized for a medical condition- they did not respond to that request so I contacted my Senators office and asked if they could assist in this matter. They asked me for some medical documentation and faxed it to USCIS.. I noticed yesterday that her online status had changed to document mailed..we are still to get it but are optimistic that we should receive it soon.

In the absence of any compelling circumstances though I am not sure how it would work. but I would definitely recommend contacting your Senators office.

sparklinks
09-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Did anyone get reply/response from this after emailing ?

sheela
09-23-2008, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=smartboy75;292226]09/22/2008: USCIS Ombudsman Assistance Available for EAD Delay Cases

I appreciate your posting this useful info and gave you green.
Is there a 'response time' from Ombudsman office?.

sheela
09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Anybody having experience with USCIS Ombudsman office. How urgent the cases are taken and how soon they are resolved? Does assistance help?

adobe howm
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the effort. this indeed reaches where it suppose to be - helping someone with similar need. appreciated. not sure how to give you my green though.

boreal
09-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi boreal,
I had a problem with my wifes AP- they had not acted on it for 4 months I asked them to expedite it since we wanted to visit my father in law who was hospitalized for a medical condition- they did not respond to that request so I contacted my Senators office and asked if they could assist in this matter. They asked me for some medical documentation and faxed it to USCIS.. I noticed yesterday that her online status had changed to document mailed..we are still to get it but are optimistic that we should receive it soon.

In the absence of any compelling circumstances though I am not sure how it would work. but I would definitely recommend contacting your Senators office.

Thanks seeking_GC..i dont have such emergencies though...not visiting home country for four years probably wont qualify as an emergency :-)

rsirpal
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi boreal,

seeking_GC,

Which service center did you apply your wife's AP from ? I have applied for my wife in NSC and she is scheduled to travel overseas in 4 months. I am worried it will not come in time

DDash
09-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi boreal,

Thanks for this info. Would you mind sharing the fax number? Thanks in advance.

sheela
09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=adobe howm;2923

"not sure how to give you my green though" .[/QUOTE]

when you are logged-on right top of every post you see a 'bunch' of grapes hit the bunch with cursor a dialog box opens up with approve/ disapprove . When you approve with comments-poster gets green= simple. now do some practice starting my posting :D

seeking_GC
09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
We applied in NSC

seeking_GC
09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for this info. Would you mind sharing the fax number? Thanks in advance.
I assume you mean the fax number for NSC - it is 402-219-6171.