PDA

View Full Version : Is this info about CIS/DHS database correct?

iv_only_hope
09-30-2008, 04:13 PM
There is some potential good news on the horizon. DHS just published a notice (http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...0000648072c5eb) that they intend to consolidate three of ancient CIS electronic record systems into a new database. Hopefully, this new database will yield the data the Visa Office needs.

Right now, the CIS does not have any comprehensive database that shows how many AOS cases are pending by preference classification, priority date, and country of chargeability. The new database that is supposed to become operational within the next ten days contains information gathered from the many independent CIS databases. Supposedly, this new database will show all of this information.

Once the CIS is able to provide the State Department with this information, the Visa Office will then (for the first time) have accurate information as to the actual demand for immigrant visas. They will then be able to make more accurate adjustments to the cutoff dates in the Visa Bulletin. For some time now, they have been flying blind without accurate information.

CREDIT:RON GOTCHER

texanguy
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
there was a thread yesterday discussing this news. It is indeed welcome news. Atleast now USCIS should concentrate on FIFO approvals. There are just too many 2003/4/5 EB-2I applicants waiting in line when 2006 applicants got approved in a frenzy last couple of months...what a cruel joke! and for EB-3I, this news may reveal the total number of cases pending. Nobody seemed to know the accurate count...

iv_only_hope
09-30-2008, 04:24 PM
there was a thread yesterday discussing this news. It is indeed welcome news. Atleast now USCIS should concentrate on FIFO approvals. There are just too many 2003/4/5 EB-2I applicants waiting in line when 2006 applicants got approved in a frenzy last couple of months...what a cruel joke! and for EB-3I, this news may reveal the total number of cases pending. Nobody seemed to know the accurate count...

Sorry I didnt see the thread. Still dont actually. Where is it? Thanks.

funny
09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
There is some potential good news on the horizon. DHS just published a notice (http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...0000648072c5eb) that they intend to consolidate three of ancient CIS electronic record systems into a new database. Hopefully, this new database will yield the data the Visa Office needs.

Right now, the CIS does not have any comprehensive database that shows how many AOS cases are pending by preference classification, priority date, and country of chargeability. The new database that is supposed to become operational within the next ten days contains information gathered from the many independent CIS databases. Supposedly, this new database will show all of this information.

Once the CIS is able to provide the State Department with this information, the Visa Office will then (for the first time) have accurate information as to the actual demand for immigrant visas. They will then be able to make more accurate adjustments to the cutoff dates in the Visa Bulletin. For some time now, they have been flying blind without accurate information.

CREDIT:RON GOTCHER

I don't see anythig useful whan i click on this link

ebizash
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Here it is -

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648072c5eb

funny
09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Here it is -

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648072c5eb

So this new system will be in place on oct 29th 2008.. Lets hope that USCIS has been wrong all along in providing correct information to DHS.:D

mita
09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
FIFO must be based on PD and not on I-485 application receive date, I hope you meant the same.

texanguy
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry I didnt see the thread. Still dont actually. Where is it? Thanks.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21782

a1b2c3
10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
SUMMARY: In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the Department of Homeland Security is giving notice that it proposes to consolidate
three legacy record systems: Justice/INS-013 INS Computer Linked
Application Information Management System (CLAIMS) (67 FR 64132 October 17, 2002), Justice/INS-031 Redesigned Naturalization Application Casework System (RNACS) (67 FR 20996 April 29, 2002), and Justice/INS-033 I-551 Renewal Program Temporary Sticker Issuance I-90 Manifest System (SIIMS) (66 FR 6673 January 22, 2001) into one Department of Homeland Security/United States Citizenship and Immigration Services system of records notice titled, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Benefits Information System. Categories of individuals, categories of records, and the routine uses of these legacy system of records notices have been consolidated and updated to better reflect the Department's immigration petition and application information record systems. This system will be included in the Department's inventory of record systems.

DATES: Written comments must be submitted on or before October 29,
2008. This new system will be effective October 29, 2008.

a1b2c3
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Dec Bulletin will see EB categories being opened up. Don't think there will be any change in Nov Visa bulletin.

transpass
10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Whenever there is a tech system upgrade, especially of this magnitude, there are bound to have glitches, problems, etc...I wonder how smoothly the integration will go. Hopefully, all will be well and does not affect the productivity at CIS...The productivity is already so low at CIS...Hoping for the best...