View Full Version : EB2 I/C retrogression

gctest
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
EB2 india/china... see this..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21828
and then see this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21833

ab bajao ghanti... aur chup chap baithe raho
(translation: sit there like a paraplegic in the line and do nothing ... while a massive line jumping is in process... you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.. EB2 I/C is in for a really really long wait.
Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

We need to let uscis know and audit all current and past approved cases from these consultants)

FYI ...With support from a few people .. we are in the process of filing a Direct injunction for stoppage and immediate audit of interfiled/approved cases. But more support would be appreciated.

gcpool
10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Its not a case of inter filing where people are using other peoples priority date. Thats long gone. This is using ones own earlier I-140 priority date. Its not an easy process. It involves redoing everything. It involves time. It involves losing a lot of money. And we too have waited in the line. Some people are fortunate to apply in EB2 and some have to do it in EB3. Then as years go by they become eligible to apply in EB2.(When they are promoted to be manager, they are eligible to apply in EB2 quota) So that does not mean they now should go and stand behind the queue. So be kind. Everyone is in the queue. And I am working for a reputed company and not like what you have described. I was frustrated like you when USCIS did many things like opening up the queue for EB3 and recently EB2. People who applied for Green Cards after me have got it. Many even have become citizens.

Put efforts to better the whole process..

reno_john
10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
GCTEST I dont know who you are but I can tell one thing about you. :rolleyes:

:DU R A SELFISH B*****D.:D

saveimmigration
10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Most EB3 applicants are NOT underpaid or under qualified. Infact they are OVERQUALIFIED as they should have been EB2 first place. JOB requirements and employers force them to be EB3, not their qualifications

5/08
EB1-A

immigc06
10-02-2008, 03:35 PM
reno_john,
Totally agree with you.

p1234
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
1. gctest putting EB3 down, calling them a level above illegals
Dost.. tum to bade hi budhu ho.... dawa karao apne dimag ki.... ya ho sakta hai ki tum EB3 ho.
Needless to say.. u are not very intelligent.
I will see how you react when the entire 12 million illegals get chance to file in EB3 and your Eb3 bulletin dates goes to 1968.

2. gctest calling others stupid
You were obviously born stupid.
I am not really a great fan of your attitude towards people from India

3. gctest using lot of bad language
but you are too stupid anyway
so go home now..... and please don'y forget to pickup meds for your gonorrhea form csv pharmac

4. gctest calling EB3 third class individuals
You speak like a third class individual, must have travelled in third class compartment all your life, and now you are in third preference category..... Honestly i don't envy you.

5. gctest name calling again
You know what .. i don't think you are eb3.. all eb3 brothers i know are smart and know how to fight for their rights.
you must be eb8 or eb9 ... you attitude shows that ... a born victim.. who not...

6. gctest bad language again :D
We are all getting dry humped day in day out and we just keeping taking it.

7. latest flame against EB3
you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

p1234
10-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Bcoz Mr. gctest is Mr. phd, he treats Eb3 with contempt! Now, he will go back and delete all his dirty posts :)

EB3 can accomplish anything that EB2 can, based on their work experience, but some people don't understand that.

gconmymind
10-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Bcoz Mr. gctest is Mr. phd, he treats Eb3 with contempt! Now, he will go back and delete all his dirty posts :)

EB3 can accomplish anything that EB2 can, based on their work experience, but some people don't understand that.

My personal opinion is that other than few algorithm, electrical design, compiler design kind of jobs, most jobs in Computer applications can be done by an EB3/EB2 person. It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!

p1234
10-02-2008, 05:52 PM
My personal opinion is that other than few algorithm, electrical design, compiler design kind of jobs, most jobs in Computer applications can be done by an EB3/EB2 person. It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!

Correct. gctest is a very narrow-minded individual just like some of the phds are.

I have read many papers published by these phd students during my MS coursework. Many of them are an absolute trash!
They propose something which has bunch of shortcomings and then list them down as future work.
Others come along, look at the future work section and propose something else with one less shortcoming
and so on...
Every researcher says his/her proposal is better and runs biased set of tests to support the claims.
99% of such research papers would be used as toilet papers in India by the homeless!
Industry doesn't even look at most of this academic trash.

Most of these phds (not all) end up as lecturers making people yawn in the class.

The real productive ones that graduate from top notch universities, the cream of the crop that achieve breakthroughs don't come to this public forum and trash people around.
They are the EB1, no wonders gctest is clubbed as EB2, is he any better than any of us?

misanthrope
10-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Well, I don't think gctest is against EB3. He is against consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies, which is right.

A career based on lies and deception is criminal in my humble opinion. There are people who actually came to US with valid experience and education, but still end up applying in EB-3 because the employer did not oblige. Sad for them, but it again boils down to the fact that if the job description qualified them for EB-2, then they got cheated. Otherwise, it is just.

I would like to clear the stand that I am a MS holder from an American university and I work as a Sr. Engineer in one of the top internet firms. I left an offer from that crappy operating system maker because that job did not require MS or even BS+5. It was BS+3. I chose a job where I get to apply in EB2.

People who crib about not getting a chance, even though their job description did not support it are wrong, IMO. NO ONE forced you in to that job. This is not slavery and US is not the only place where you can get a job.

misanthrope
10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!

Exactly and that is the only tangible that immigration law quantifies. EB3 does NOT label an individual as an inferior in terms of skills or knowledge he posses, but simply binds him to the definition of the job that he agreed to take on.

reddy2cool
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Well, I don't think gctest is against EB3. He is against consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies, which is right.

A career based on lies and deception is criminal in my humble opinion. There are people who actually came to US with valid experience and education, but still end up applying in EB-3 because the employer did not oblige. Sad for them, but it again boils down to the fact that if the job description qualified them for EB-2, then they got cheated. Otherwise, it is just.

I would like to clear the stand that I am a MS holder from an American university and I work as a Sr. Engineer in one of the top internet firms. I left an offer from that crappy operating system maker because that job did not require MS or even BS+5. It was BS+3. I chose a job where I get to apply in EB2.

People who crib about not getting a chance, even though their job description did not support it are wrong, IMO. NO ONE forced you in to that job. This is not slavery and US is not the only place where you can get a job.

Sorry but i dont agree if you call the consultants sleazy or any other thing. Everybody fights to survive here and they are taking a risk at their own cost hence they are benefitting. I donno whether you would not take a eb1 if uscis itself offers u one ? Anyways may be you arent lying but check your company ..all the big companies do creative accounting tell lies to share holders and what not ..does it make them any inferior or superior ..in the end behind every success there are things that are right. So even people who applied in eb2 did somethings right which enabled them to get qualified under it. Dont be a crybaby ..be a man ...u american graduate take risk or show ability to qualify under eb1.

pbojja
10-03-2008, 12:12 AM

and then see this

(translation: sit there like a paraplegic in the line and do nothing ... while a massive line jumping is in process... you will keep seeing while all these EB3 "bodyshopped consultants" will continue to slowly port their PDs and get approved ahead of you.. EB2 I/C is in for a really really long wait.
Honestly, these consultants don't even have an H1B worthy job: its not a permanent job offer. They don't get paid fulltime. Let alone their eligibility for a GC ....what a scam!

Can you please give a back ground of yours before talking about others ? Are you CEO of some company ?

First learn to complete your profile ...look at the 485 mailing and receive dates ..

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Sorry but i dont agree if you call the consultants sleazy or any other thing.
Read again. I did not call the consultants sleazy. Also, I did not generalize them. My support is followed in the second line.

Everybody fights to survive here and they are taking a risk at their own cost hence they are benefitting.
To me, this statement does not really deliver anything substantial or meaningful. Can you please reiterate?

I donno whether you would not take a eb1 if uscis itself offers u one ?
Again, this statement does not serve as a counter-argument because this is a fictional scenario and does not hold importance here.

Anyways may be you arent lying but check your company ..all the big
companies do creative accounting tell lies to share holders and what not ..does it make them any inferior or superior ..in the end behind every success there are things that are right.
This is not an argument about accounting principles. Even if I tie your statement to my points, it does not compute. I am against labeling and generalizing EB-3 and I said that in my post. Please read my post again.

So even people who applied in eb2 did somethings right which enabled them to get qualified under it.
What's the message here, man? I mean seriously. Are you supporting malpractices or are you just confused?

Dont be a crybaby ..be a man ...u american graduate take risk or show ability to qualify under eb1.
Thanks for encouraging criminal acts in a very desperate manner.

nixstor
10-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Guys,

Please refrain from fighting on EB3 and EB2 issue. We all know how difficult retrogression has been to every one here. As some one has already said, If interfiling was so easy and every one was fortunate enough to file another Labor/140, EB-2 would have been in 2002 or along with EB-3. AFAIK, Interfiling is some thing the law allows and as long as one does what the system allows and is not gaming the system, its perfectly fine. Don't rub salt on others wounds. Do what you can to improve the system. IMO, the backward movement was a knee jerk reaction to the false demand, shown by USCIS with a huge movement in PD. As you may know, this is purely demand and supply based DOS will move dates forward as soon as they realize that there is not much demand. DOS keeps track of all visa number requests and approvals based on PD's. The problem is DOS just does not know how many applications are pending per country per category to stop the back and forth movement of dates and make the date movement strictly forward. DOS clearly made this a requirement in OCT 08 bulletin and lets see what happens in the next few months. 2nd Q will be key as the over flow will start to trickle based on demand in EB-1+EB-4+EB-5

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Again, I would like to reiterate that I DO NOT consider an EB-3 candidate inferior just because he/she belongs to a catergory with a lower priority.
But, if you agreed to file in that category then you probably made a compromise and it is not wrong. Everyone is a victim of circumstances at one point or the other in their lives.

p1234
10-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Guys,

Please refrain from fighting on EB3 and EB2 issue. We all know how difficult retrogression has been to every one here. As some one has already said, If interfiling was so easy and every one was fortunate enough to file another Labor/140, EB-2 would have been in 2002 or along with EB-3. AFAIK, Interfiling is some thing the law allows and as long as one does what the system allows and is not gaming the system, its perfectly fine. Don't rub salt on others wounds. Do what you can to improve the system. IMO, the backward movement was a knee jerk reaction to the false demand, shown by USCIS with a huge movement in PD. As you may know, this is purely demand and supply based DOS will move dates forward as soon as they realize that there is not much demand. DOS keeps track of all visa number requests and approvals based on PD's. The problem is DOS just does not know how many applications are pending per country per category to stop the back and forth movement of dates and make the date movement strictly forward. DOS clearly made this a requirement in OCT 08 bulletin and lets see what happens in the next few months. 2nd Q will be key as the over flow will start to trickle based on demand in EB-1+EB-4+EB-5

Your point is taken, no more flames after this.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:38 AM
This is not EB3 vs EB2, this is about filthy, demeaning language being used on public forums to put a class of skilled workers down.

You call consultants "sleazy and body-shopped".
You call EB3 third class.
You call EB3 dumb.

If EB3 were to leave today, you EB2s will have no jobs left. EB3s will take away all the jobs with them overseas and take your too! After that you can preach this swinging philosophy of yours!

You say EB3 is only a notch above "illegals"?
How can legals even be compared with illegals?

This is a baseless post and ironically you are quoting a post that does NOT say a single of the statements above.
Please note that I did not compare EB2 vs EB3.
Hypothetical scenarios hold no meaning or place in an educated debate/argument. Try to understand that, please.

shx
10-03-2008, 12:44 AM
I wont get into EB2/EB3 fights, but tell you what my opinion about this is.

The law definitely supports interfiling and priority date porting. However, this is like reserving seats on a bus by throwing your handkerchief in good old India. It is unfair to let people jump ahead in the queue, even though they acquired the eligibility to file in EB2, at a far later date.

There might be some genuine cases where people could not file in EB2, even though they were eligible. I only support these cases.

I've a pending EB2 485. However, let me be honest. If I had EB3 to start with, I too would've interfiled in EB2 and would've ported my priority date. Who wouldn't do it if the law allowed them to!

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:47 AM
I wont get into EB2/EB3 fights, but tell you what my opinion about this is.

The law definitely supports interfiling and priority date porting. However, this is like reserving seats on a bus by throwing your handkerchief in good old India. It is unfair to let people jump ahead in the queue, even though they acquired the eligibility to file in EB2, at a far later date.

There might be some genuine cases where people could not file in EB2, even though they were eligible. I only support these cases.

I've a pending EB2 485. However, let me be honest. If I had EB3 to start with, I too would've interfiled in EB2 and would've ported my priority date. Who wouldn't do it if the law allowed them to!

+1 to that.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Someone left me this comment with a red (ofcourse).
"Just because you are a consultant to a sleazy company does not make you incapable. The company might be not the consultant."

Sir/Madam,
I totally agree with your first statement. As I posted, people can be victim of circumstances. But, I believe there is always a choice and people tend to agree with their selfish side. It's the human nature. Please note that I am NOT questioning skills/knowledge of an EB3 candidate.
Baffling picture is that people get on the defensive in a second without justifying wrong doings or criminal acts. They tend to question other person's credibility or totally discredit his statements without even addressing the question.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Can you please give a back ground of yours before talking about others ? Are you CEO of some company ?
Is that a mandatory criterion to express an opinion? If so, then you should have obliged to it first. Simple. :)

First learn to complete your profile ...look at the 485 mailing and receive dates ..
Maybe he doesn't give a shit about the profile. What's your point?

kumar1
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
My post is going to make few MS/Phd people angry over here. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you came here to do MS/Phd, you came on a student visa...Right? Student visa comes under Non Permanent Non Resident alien category. All of you had a burden to prove to the US consulate that after you complete your degree, you would go back to your home country. All of you prepared for that and you knew the moment you said, I might not come back, F1 would be gone! You said this...every time you went back for F1 visa revalidation. Mind you..that H1/H4 never had that burden. They could have easily said that yes, if I like USA, I might not come back.
Now fast forward....MS/Phd is done. Suddenly...."I will go home after MS/Phd" statement is gone..and hunt for H1-B is on! Once they get H1-B, hunt for Green Card starts. Once this heavy head Phd guy, who spent last 5 years on 1500 bucks a month is in GC line....he also realizes that hey, H1-Bs should not be allowed to interfile. After all, they all work for desi consulting companies. Yeah..right! Look who is talking! All H1s should come in EB-3, after all they did not go through 1500 bucks a month for 5 years.
Here comes a Phd guy who always lied to the system saying "I love my home country, my research would do wonders to the society at home" is not leaving any stone unturned to get his GC (faster than anyone else).....tell me, who is inferior? A Phd student who lied to the system for 4/5 years and suddenly changed his intent or an H1-B candidate who never had the burden to prove that he would go back.

All of us are part of this very painful journey! I have spent 8 years on H1-B and I am still waiting for my GC. I work for a desi consulting company, my GC is in EB-3, I have a B.Tech. degree from IIT and I am sick and tired of this GC mess.

mrajatish
10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
My post is going to make few MS/Phd people angry over here. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you came here to do MS/Phd, you came on a student visa...Right? Student visa comes under Non Permanent Non Resident alien category. All of you had a burden to prove to the US consulate that after you complete your degree, you would go back to your home country. All of you prepared for that and you knew the moment you said, I might not come back, F1 would be gone! You said this...every time you went back for F1 visa revalidation. Mind you..that H1/H4 never had that burden. They could have easily said that yes, if I like USA, I might not come back.
Now fast forward....MS/Phd is done. Suddenly...."I will go home after MS/Phd" statement is gone..and hunt for H1-B is on! Once they get H1-B, hunt for Green Card starts. Once this heavy head Phd guy, who spent last 5 years on 1500 bucks a month is in GC line....he also realizes that hey, H1-Bs should not be allowed to interfile. After all, they all work for desi consulting companies. Yeah..right! Look who is talking! All H1s should come in EB-3, after all they did not go through 1500 bucks a month for 5 years.
Here comes a Phd guy who always lied to the system saying "I love my home country, my research would do wonders to the society at home" is not leaving any stone unturned to get his GC (faster than anyone else).....tell me, who is inferior? A Phd student who lied to the system for 4/5 years and suddenly changed his intent or an H1-B candidate who never had the burden to prove that he would go back.

All of us are part of this very painful journey! I have spent 8 years on H1-B and I am still waiting for my GC. I work for a desi consulting company, my GC is in EB-3, I have a B.Tech. degree from IIT and I am sick and tired of this GC mess.

Second this post - point is, there is no easy solution to this mess until we work together to achieve the common goal of increasing # of visas available for Green card.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I partially agree with you. Btw, not all students have to prove that they would not work in US. Actually, my interview was fairly simple and pretty hilarious(that's a different story).

US law offers student 1 year OPT to gain experience and find employment. If the intention of the country was to deny/discourage employment to students then OPT would cease to exist. Also, the H1-B application would be rejected if they wanted to implement the rule, which they clearly don't. Again, that is a loophole. I had to submit a copy of my degree, transcripts etc. because my job required MS + 1.

In your opinion, would it be cool if a MS graduate moves back to India, gets a job offer in US (that qualifies for EB-2) and then moves back to US?

Also,
H1-B != EB3.

NKR
10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
US law offers student 1 year OPT to gain experience and find employment.

So you made use of this opportunity and you are asking others not to do what the law allows them to?...

fyi.. I am an EB2 I candidate and fyi… I did not port but I will not stand in the way of people wanting to get out of the clutches of those employers who act cheap.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
So you made use of this opportunity and you are asking others not to do what the law allows them to?...

fyi.. I am an EB2 I candidate and fyi… I did not port but I will not stand in the way of people wanting to get out of the clutches of those employers who act cheap.

Please read back and point out where have I expressed my discontent for date porting?

Also, I would not stand in their way but I am trying to express the fact that they themselves chose to agree to the terms in the offer letter. Let me clear out that it stands for every candidate who wanted to apply in a higher priority group be it EB3 or EB2.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Sensible people,
I need some greens here. :P

EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 11:11 AM Here you go again.
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:17 AM Kutte
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:16 AM Saale
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 01:23 AM disapprov

pbojja
10-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Is that a mandatory criterion to express an opinion? If so, then you should have obliged to it first. Simple. :)

Maybe he doesn't give a shit about the profile. What's your point?

I questioned GC test and I dont understand why are you responding for every question in this forum ... If you have free time do some voulnteer work ..god may forgive your ignorance ...

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
^^
That is not really an answer, you know?

I have been a long time passive audience in this joint and now I am voicing my opinion with a logical and polite discussion. What's with the god forgiving my ignorance, if any?

reddy2cool
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Read again. I did not call the consultants sleazy. Also, I did not generalize them. My support is followed in the second line.

To me, this statement does not really deliver anything substantial or meaningful. Can you please reiterate?

Again, this statement does not serve as a counter-argument because this is a fictional scenario and does not hold importance here.

This is not an argument about accounting principles. Even if I tie your statement to my points, it does not compute. I am against labeling and generalizing EB-3 and I said that in my post. Please read my post again.

What's the message here, man? I mean seriously. Are you supporting malpractices or are you just confused?

Thanks for encouraging criminal acts in a very desperate manner.

Yes you called sleazy consultants..check your stmnt.

Everybody is trying to survive in this world ..diff people react differently to same situation..lying on resume/achievements is not illegal(reason y no body is prosecuted because of this fact..they are simply denied that benefit) however its unethical ..but iam not here to preach ethics.

A fictional scenario to check whether you are ready to take advantage of a loop hole if its in your favour.( A nice quote on this -Everybody likes discrimination when its in their favour and they dont raise their voice then)

My point to say all companies lie/manipulate things to certain extent..desi consultants atleast dont deprive lives like other BIG companies where shareholders are kept in dark until they realize that company is no more worth anything.

Iam not supporting any malpractises are anything anyways this is not a criminal thing its just immoral ..however if theres a loop hole and people want to chance it its upto them. They will be appropriately denied if they are caught, However its not like they are killing anybody.

Finally what do you think when even govt is planning to make illegals legals ..its respecting peoples wishes against legal things(ofcourse they get benifitted)Humanity/compassion is number one..rules are for our well being ..they are not hard and fast. Check for your reputation here i think it says some thing.

pbojja
10-03-2008, 12:38 PM
^^
That is not really an answer, you know?

I have been a long time passive audience in this joint and now I am voicing my opinion with a logical and polite discussion. What's with the god forgiving my ignorance, if any?

Ok here is my question how come all EB3 are "body shopped consulants" and what are EB2 ? "High profiled consulatants" ? I want to know what is gctest ?

there is nothing wrong in expressing but taking a category and calling them body shoped is not the right way to express ...

you think you are having a logical and polite conversation - thats the ignorance part .

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Ok, clearly you did not read what I wrote or you did not understand it. Here is what I wrote..
"Well, I don't think gctest is against EB3. He is against consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies, which is right.". Some one left me a red saying "not all consultants from sleazy bodyshopping companies are incapable." I agree and I never said that. If I came across that way then I apologize.

Everybody is trying to survive in this world ..diff people react differently to same situation..lying on resume/achievements is not illegal(reason y no body is prosecuted because of this fact..they are simply denied that benefit) however its unethical ..but iam not here to preach ethics.
VERY valid point. But my question is, do you support it?

A fictional scenario to check whether you are ready to take advantage of a loop hole if its in your favour.( A nice quote on this -Everybody likes discrimination when its in their favour and they dont raise their voice then)
Yes, nice quote and very true too. But again, that is not the argument here.

My point to say all companies lie/manipulate things to certain extent..desi consultants atleast dont deprive lives like other BIG companies where shareholders are kept in dark until they realize that company is no more worth anything.
Comparing one wrong doing with another does not justify as an argument. It is actually a logical fallacy. In other words, 2 wrongs do not make a right. Try doing that in the court of law.

Iam not supporting any malpractises are anything anyways this is not a criminal thing its just immoral ..
Malpractices are criminal (if law is violated) but a corporation cannot be tried criminally because it cannot go to jail.:)
You may have noted that I did not bring up morality even though I wanted to because everyone has a different measuring stick for it.

however if theres a loop hole and people want to chance it its upto them. They will be appropriately denied if they are caught, However its not like they are killing anybody.
I totally agree with that. Also, I don't think they will be denied because they did not do anything wrong. System provides them with an option for doing so.

Finally what do you think when even govt is planning to make illegals legals ..its respecting peoples wishes against legal things(ofcourse they get benifitted)Humanity/compassion is number one..rules are for our well being ..they are not hard and fast.
That's a perspective and again 2 wrongs cannot make one right.

Check for your reputation here i think it says some thing.
Yes. It is stupidity by consensus.

hpandey
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Did anyone notice that GCTest's only interest was to start a fight between EB2 and EB3 folks.

See how he opened up a thread and threw a match to light the fire so that everyone starts fighting amongst themselves and he did not post again in his own thread .

United we stand and divided we fall. This is true since life started and will be true until the end of time.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok here is my question how come all EB3 are "body shopped consulants" and what are EB2 ? "High profiled consulatants" ? I want to know what is gctest ?

there is nothing wrong in expressing but taking a category and calling them body shoped is not the right way to express ...

You have a valid point about gctest. But again, there is no way EB2/EB3 gets to port to EB1. If it was so, then it would be a chaos here. Only porting that happens is E3 to EB2 and may be that's why he used EB3 in his post.
Maybe he really meant that or maybe he didn't. That's again up to one's perspective.

you think you are having a logical and polite conversation - thats the ignorance part .
Prove it. All my posts are here in this thread and tell me how am I NOT having a logical and polite conversation.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Did anyone notice that GCTest's only interest was to start a fight between EB2 and EB3 folks.

See how he opened up a thread and threw a match to light the fire so that everyone starts fighting amongst themselves and he did not post again in his own thread .

United we stand and divided we fall. This is true since life started and will be true until the end of time.

I noticed that. May be he/she is stuck in the traffic. :P
But I used this thread to voice my opinion about various issues.

vin13
10-03-2008, 12:59 PM

You are absolutely right. there is no need to fight we are all in the same pool...There is no EB2/EB3. We are all people who are desperately waiting for our gc's and please we need to work together to have things solved...This post is not helping issues...but making worse.

And for GCtest i think He/She just likes to start a fight and stand back and watch the fun....am I right "GCTEST" ;)

p1234
10-03-2008, 01:00 PM

If that was the only intent we would let it go. He has done it the second time.
Check this thread, which moderators have closed:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21488

p1234
10-03-2008, 01:04 PM

Iam not supporting any malpractises are anything anyways this is not a criminal thing its just immoral ..however if theres a loop hole and people want to chance it its upto them. They will be appropriately denied if they are caught, However its not like they are killing anybody.

Finally what do you think when even govt is planning to make illegals legals ..its respecting peoples wishes against legal things(ofcourse they get benifitted)Humanity/compassion is number one..rules are for our well being ..they are not hard and fast. Check for your reputation here i think it says some thing.

Approve this post. Nobody is supporting malpractices, however EB3 shall not be trashed.
Consultants desi or non-desi shall not be trashed either.

p1234
10-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Sensible people,
I need some greens here. :P

EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 11:11 AM Here you go again.
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:17 AM Kutte
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:16 AM Saale
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 01:23 AM disapprov

Dude, I'm not flaming at you (it was gctest not you) but you also made really demeaning statements and then tried to retract them when you started getting reds, I think. Its not good to trash others.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Dude, I'm not flaming at you (it was gctest not you) but you also made really demeaning statements and then tried to retract them when you started getting reds, I think. Its not good to trash others.

Which statements of mine are demeaning?
I edited 2 posts because of grammatical errors.

desi3933
10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
You have a valid point about gctest. But again, there is no way EB2/EB3 gets to port to EB1. If it was so, then it would be a chaos here. Only porting that happens is E3 to EB2 and may be that's why he used EB3 in his post.
>> there is no way EB2/EB3 gets to port to EB1
Incorrect. PD recapture (aka porting) is allowed between EB1, EB2, and EB3 preference categories.

pbojja
10-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Now tell me who give me red and for what ? Just let me know the reason . Dont just give a red for disagreeeing with your views ..give reds if we use foul language, which I never will

I m EB2 guy and support porting .

gctest
10-03-2008, 01:31 PM
You want me to come here and argue with people who can barely speak/write good english? People who defy the basic tenets of an argument.. (attacking the person as opposed to attacking the argument)?

I urge all to read "The story of my experiments with truth" by Mahatma Gandhi (if you haven't already). While in a prison in South africa.. he spent his time in jail making a leather shoe for the white supremacist who put him in jail. This is the prime example of loving the person but fighting the ideas he stands for. This was also depicted in the move-- "Gandhi my father"

You can call me names, give me reds.. but you all know that I am standing for my rights and for what is fair.

I faced a similar opposition when we spoke against labor substitution-- fast forward 3 years.... do we all agree that labor substitution was damaging to EB immigration?

gctest
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
sure I am .. and guess what my dependents were already approved few weeks back on my EB2.

and yesterday my EB1 I-140 was approved :D:D:D:D

But my fight for what is fair is distinct from my own case and i am gonna keep going.

hebbar77
10-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Point is all want GC fast. That will not come by fighting between EB2/EB3.
It takes realization of how important skilled immigrants are to US economy.
So Lets not fight within us, lets do what it takes to get what we want.

I come from india, and abt 300 years back fighting between the indian kings led to india being ruled by a foreign nation for 100 years!. Grow up folks , realise what you want!

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, you supported gctest by saying that EB3 consultants work for sleazy, body-shopping companies which clearly implied that EB3 consultants are third class and sleazy. Why don't you just retract the original post of yours and the reds will disappear?

Here is what I wrote.

Tell me how did you deduce that I am saying that EB3 consultants work for sleazy, body-shopping companies and IMPLIED that they are third-class.
There is NO logical connection. It is actually YOU who is telling me that those consultants are third-class and that is visible in the quoted post above.
After this financial sector meltdown, many big brains may end up working for these sleazy firms to save their H1B, which is NOT wrong. It's again, the choices that you make. I am sure most of them would have other options too.

I am sorry, I can live with reds but I will not be a conformist.:)

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
You want me to come here and argue with people who can barely speak/write good english? People who defy the basic tenets of an argument.. (attacking the person as opposed to attacking the argument)?

So freakin' true.

YesGC_NoGC
10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
If you have health insurance (which I doubt) go to some doc. and get some life injected. That will certainly help you in your current situation and you may be able to jump to EB1.:D

May God Bless You.

and then see this

We need to let uscis know and audit all current and past approved cases from these consultants)

FYI ...With support from a few people .. we are in the process of filing a Direct injunction for stoppage and immediate audit of interfiled/approved cases. But more support would be appreciated.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
If you have health insurance (which I doubt) go to some doc. and get some life injected. That will certainly help you in your current situation and you may be able to jump to EB1.:D

May God Bless You.
:eek:
This post molests the definition of argument/debate, medical science and logic in general. Actually, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Internet hates you for this post.

minimalist
10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
:eek:
This post molests the definition of argument/debate, medical science and logic in general. Actually, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Internet hates you for this post.

on how you intentionally lied to get into US?

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
on how you intentionally lied to get into US?

Your post subject has grammatical errors. Please look into it. Thanks.

misanthrope
10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
You attack the EB3 calling them third grade workers to begin with and then talk about arguing fair....

Again, you are making false accusations that are absolutely baseless. I have already asked you in my reply to your previous post to prove what you are saying.
Till now, nothing.

leo2606
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I second this post.

orangutan
10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey, you lied to the American Immigration that you will return to the home country after Ph.d. And now you are talking about who should port and who not. Relax and think.

sure I am .. and guess what my dependents were already approved few weeks back on my EB2.

and yesterday my EB1 I-140 was approved :D:D:D:D

But my fight for what is fair is distinct from my own case and i am gonna keep going.

gctest
10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Were you born in a dumpster? You are assuming so many things here.

Whatever Kumar1 may apply to some F-1 students, but not to the cream of the crop.
Nobody asked me if I have immigration intent... they saw that i had I-20 from Cornell, MIT & UMBC and simply asked "Why cornell?". And before i could say anything she smiled and said "welcome to united states"... hah..suck on that

i bet that "jangli maharaj university" you got your diploma from is making your entire family very proud :):):):)

Hey, you lied to the American Immigration that you will return to the home country after Ph.d. And now you are talking about who should port and who not. Relax and think.

orangutan
10-04-2008, 12:57 AM
You dirt boy, don't you remember you were born in the next dumpster to me?:D:D:D

Who knows whether they asked or not, tell me what did you fill out in the visa form. Did you mention you will apply for GC, may be they gave you visa before filling out the application??:p:p:p

Now I know who took my certificates from the dumpster, that is yooooooou:p

Mr.Dump master, 'I' is always typed in CAPS. Go get Rapidex:p

Were you born in a dumpster? You are assuming so many things here.

Whatever Kumar1 may apply to some F-1 students, but not to the cream of the crop.
Nobody asked me if I have immigration intent... they saw that i had I-20 from Cornell, MIT & UMBC and simply asked "Why cornell?". And before i could say anything she smiled and said "welcome to united states"... hah..suck on that

i bet that "jangli maharaj university" you got your diploma from is making your entire family very proud :):):):)

p1234
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
how many folks with older EB3 PDs are screwed after 07/07? Does anyone have a count? Obviously, if you freeze EB3 they are not going to be sticking around..

prioritydate
10-04-2008, 03:24 PM

and then see this

Are you sadist or something? Why you are wishing to audit approved cases?

p1234
10-04-2008, 03:52 PM
gctest is a perfect jackass, think he is also a complete fraud.

If you look at his posts, initially he said despite holding a doctorate and being around since 1996, he is EB2. So far so good.

Then he says his dependents got approved on his EB2, while his case is rotting (????:D)

The story changes dramatically after you point out if he is the real cream of the crop, he should have been easily qualified for EB1.
The latest, breaking news is that he's from a top-notch research univ and has approved 140 in EB1 but still he's gonna fight for what's fair and against what's unfair (:D:D:D:D:D)

Everything is made up, because the story changes all the time, when you attack him. I think the truth of the matter is he's EB2 and he's lying about EB1.

His case never ever qualified for EB1 (publishing some academic trash doesn't qualify you for anything, see my earlier post on this thread regarding this), so he's completely sore and has lost his mind.

Desertfox
10-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Not a single post to counter kumar1's argument!!! I wonder where the interfiling opponent MS/PHDs are gone!:confused:

gctest
10-04-2008, 04:47 PM
i have a fan following...yay
and i will keep writing "lower case i" coz it bothers you so much :D:D:D

Guess what the latest news is :D:D:D

gctest is a perfect jackass, think he is also a complete fraud.

If you look at his posts, initially he said despite holding a doctorate and being around since 1996, he is EB2. So far so good.

Then he says his dependents got approved on his EB2, while his case is rotting (????:D)

The story changes dramatically after you point out if he is the real cream of the crop, he should have been easily qualified for EB1.
The latest, breaking news is that he's from a top-notch research univ and has approved 140 in EB1 but still he's gonna fight for what's fair and against what's unfair (:D:D:D:D:D)

Everything is made up, because the story changes all the time, when you attack him. I think the truth of the matter is he's EB2 and he's lying about EB1.

His case never ever qualified for EB1 (publishing some academic trash doesn't qualify you for anything, see my earlier post on this thread regarding this), so he's completely sore and has lost his mind.

orangutan
10-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Let me guess, Hmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah you are getting holistic treatment for your sadism.:D:D

i have a fan following...yay
and i will keep writing "lower case i" coz it bothers you so much :D:D:D

Guess what the latest news is :D:D:D

misanthrope
10-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Not a single post to counter kumar1's argument!!! I wonder where the interfiling opponent MS/PHDs are gone!:confused:

Are you wasted?

Here is my reply to Kumar1's post.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=295568&postcount=26

Also, I raised a few question related to deductions from simple statements. NO ONE has replied yet.

angelfire76
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
It may not be popular here, but IMHO PD porting within the same filing category can be allowed, but not retaining the same PD if you are "upgrading" to another category.
I remember one person giving an analogy of a queue in a grocery store. I would like to give a different take on it. One express line and another regular line. Lets say the regular line moves real slow and the express line is well express. However the express line slows down, but is not as slow as the regular line. The person waiting in a regular line decides enough is enough, moves to express line (by dumping the items that exceed the express line limit).
How would the people in the express line react if the person from the regular line tries to "retain" his or her position by cutting into the express line, stating that he/she was before them, but only in a different line?
If you think logically, that is the case we have here with category interfiling.

I would recommend some sort of compromise, as its not fair either to ask EB3 people to move to the end of queue, as all said and done they've been able to bargain with their employer to apply for their GC, while we did enjoy a bit in grad school, and came out with a sense of entitlement. :D

Some intermediary date, lets say determined by a mathematical algorithm (hopefully not designed by gctest) or whatever is deemed to be a fair date. But retaining the original timestamp in the regular queue is unacceptable to those who have qualified for EB2 before the one porting his/her date to EB2.

p1234
10-04-2008, 07:22 PM
It may not be popular here, but IMHO PD porting within the same filing category can be allowed, but not retaining the same PD if you are "upgrading" to another category.
I remember one person giving an analogy of a queue in a grocery store. I would like to give a different take on it. One express line and another regular line. Lets say the regular line moves real slow and the express line is well express. However the express line slows down, but is not as slow as the regular line. The person waiting in a regular line decides enough is enough, moves to express line (by dumping the items that exceed the express line limit).
How would the people in the express line react if the person from the regular line tries to "retain" his or her position by cutting into the express line, stating that he/she was before them, but only in a different line?
If you think logically, that is the case we have here with category interfiling.

I would recommend some sort of compromise, as its not fair either to ask EB3 people to move to the end of queue, as all said and done they've been able to bargain with their employer to apply for their GC, while we did enjoy a bit in grad school, and came out with a sense of entitlement. :D

Some intermediary date, lets say determined by a mathematical algorithm (hopefully not designed by gctest) or whatever is deemed to be a fair date. But retaining the original timestamp in the regular queue is unacceptable to those who have qualified for EB2 before the one porting his/her date to EB2.

I think USCIS must meet the EB convertors somewhere mid-way to maintain fairness.

About gctest, what has pissed me off so consistently is his trash-talk, calling EB3 third grade workers, his utterly self-centered attitude and inability to see other side of the story. Over and above that he lies, cheats and changes his story all the time.

angelfire, before you go and make such a determination, please do understand the root cause of the issue.

EB3-I processing is stalled, especially after USCIS opened the floodgates and let everyone inside one time.
Folks who were waiting patiently had their clocks turned backwards and pushed at the end? Classic case of starvation.

Upshot - some with older EB3 PDs have ported their dates, after qualifying for senior positions based on their academic credentials and job experience and getting jobs under EB2.

Which is why see an odd 2002 EB2 PD suddenly appearing from nowhere and getting ahead of you.

How many are actually converting?
humongous EB3 number stuck in 2002-2003.
handful people actually converting due to risks involved.

angelfire76
10-05-2008, 03:41 AM
I think USCIS must meet the EB convertors somewhere mid-way to maintain fairness.

About gctest, what has pissed me off so consistently is his trash-talk, calling EB3 third grade workers, his utterly self-centered attitude and inability to see other side of the story. Over and above that he is a lying, cheating bastard who changes his story all the time.

angelfire, before you go and make such a determination, please do understand the root cause of the issue.

EB3-I processing is stalled, especially after USCIS opened the floodgates and let everyone inside one time.
Folks who were waiting patiently had their clocks turned backwards and pushed at the end? Classic case of starvation.

Upshot - some with older EB3 PDs have ported their dates, after qualifying for senior positions based on their academic credentials and job experience and getting jobs under EB2.

Which is why see an odd 2002 EB2 PD suddenly appearing from nowhere and getting ahead of you.

How many are actually converting?
humongous EB3 number stuck in 2002-2003.
handful people actually converting due to risks involved.

That EB3 people should not be made to start from scratch all over again, however they should also not be given the advantage of a loophole in the system. We all knew the evil of LC sub and this is something similar to it.
However I do sympathize with the sense of desperation and hopelessness that people in EB3 feel when they don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

There will always be condescending comments made by people on the other side of the tracks. Heck, I've heard some comments that completely put me off from taking part in IV and helping people who already have EAD (I missed the July 2007 orgy). But it is what it is, we either sink or swim together. If you see how many characters in Indian MNCs take advantage of the EB1 MNC executive category, you will be apalled.

Ignore and focus on what needs to be done would be my advice as everything somebody who is not a decision maker in the path to immigration is inconsequential.

misanthrope
10-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Ok, someone left a red saying "So you mean finding a loophole in the law makes you superior, even though you lie about your intention at your F1 stamping?".

NONE of these statements are true. I NEVER made a statement about superiority or abasing any category. My posts are directed towards individuals, I couldn't care any less about their categories.

Go read all my posts and do post here your deductions. I expect them to be logical, please.

kumar1
10-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Someone gave me red dot with following comment --

please look at your very H-1 visa application and interview, you would have also said to the visa officer that you DO NOT have immigrant intent. I dont know of a single person who said that they HAVE an intention to immigrate.

I must tell you that my first labor application was submitted in 2002 and since then I have been to US consulate 2 times. Every time, I have put Yes on DS-156 where they ask whether anyone has filed an immigration petition on your behalf. I know that US consulate can not reject my application based on saying Yes in this question, however, if I say no and hide the fact and if they figure that out...I would be in trouble.
Yes buddy, you lied....for a long time and now you are talking!

sangarmool
10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Someone gave me red dot with following comment --

please look at your very H-1 visa application and interview, you would have also said to the visa officer that you DO NOT have immigrant intent. I dont know of a single person who said that they HAVE an intention to immigrate.

Yes buddy, you lied....for a long time and now you are talking!

H1 is a dual intent. So you can always say that you intent to immigrate. I have said the same many times to the immigration officers and usually they have said no problem.

GCmuddu_H1BVaddu
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Orey pichhi vedava, pichhi pattinda neeku sannasi.
Ni yabba, burra kaya saara posi kadagara.

and then see this