PDA

View Full Version : Massive Recession and survival

r2i2009
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
With EAD, and possible layoff and Recession---are we eligible for unemployment benefits.

chinta_ramesh
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Kind of in scary situation...with all these things happening.

The amount allocated it just a OPERATION fees kind of thing to the patient and only god know what’s going to happen.

God SAVE America & World.

r2i2009
10-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes...God should save us. We need a bailout package. Is this all worth it?

DSLStart
10-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I guess as long as state unemployment agency does not ask for immigration documents, EAD holders should be eligible for unemployment insurance.

With EAD, and possible layoff and Recession---are we eligible for unemployment benefits.

go_guy123
10-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes...God should save us. We need a bailout package. Is this all worth it?

Yes this might be a major recession. Credit had been building since late 90s
at a massive rate and now we deleveraging a financial and economic system
built on leverage over the past decade or so.

The whole shadow banking system is collapsing.

ita
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Anybobdy has any experience with personal loans with banks like BOA or any other. Is it good to apply&avail personal loans if interest is ok.
From what I heard personal loans work just like credit card bills but was wondering if there are any pros&cons attached to it.
Appreciate response on this .

Thank you.

gcbikari
10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
You can borrow upto 40% of ur annual income and upto 70% of limit on each credit acct u have. I took personal loans, but couldn't pay back in 2 years and BOA bumped interest on my personal loan (not on credit cards). The figures I mentioned are just for thumb rule, also you'll be lucky if u find an offer now.

Anybobdy has any experience with personal loans with banks like BOA or any other. Is it good to apply&avail personal loans if interest is ok.
From what I heard personal loans work just like credit card bills but was wondering if there are any pros&cons attached to it.
Appreciate response on this .

Thank you.

Siddharta
10-05-2008, 01:40 AM

If you get unemployment benefits, then wont your I485 be denied?

What if the IO asks for proof of being employed the whole time?

BECsufferer
10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
You can borrow upto 40% of ur annual income and upto 70% of limit on each credit acct u have. I took personal loans, but couldn't pay back in 2 years and BOA bumped interest on my personal loan (not on credit cards). The figures I mentioned are just for thumb rule, also you'll be lucky if u find an offer now.

With such lending rules, no wonder why they are in trouble. Lending on in-tangible assest (your salary) in todays job market would be foolish step. They can't come after your house or car as they both are already financed by someone else.

noboundaries78
10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
With such lending rules, no wonder why they are in trouble. Lending on in-tangible assest (your salary) in todays job market would be foolish step. They can't come after your house or car as they both are already financed by someone else.

They havent learnt it seems. I just received a 0% APR check for an account that has close to a 20K limit. I am sorely tempted.

yagw
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
They havent learnt it seems. I just received a 0% APR check for an account that has close to a 20K limit. I am sorely tempted.

Dont :) If you read the fine print, they can (and will) increase the rate any time (for example, if you are late in payment, etc).

DSLStart
10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
that would be anyway denied if out of job and RFE for paystubs. so whats harm if he applies for benefit?

If you get unemployment benefits, then wont your I485 be denied?

What if the IO asks for proof of being employed the whole time?

r2i2009
10-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Rumors----Recession is heading our way and it will last for few years......
Two more financial banks collapse( which will) and we are set for a big Recession. Global....cant avaoid.