PDA

View Full Version : Launch of Immigration Voice Entrepreneur yahoo group

ivjobs
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Some of the IV Members have great entrepreneurial spirit but could not proceed with their dreams of becoming their own boss because of the limitations in maintaining their status and starting a successful business. To address various problems being faced by the Members of IV community who dream to start their own companies, a yahoo group has been formed to help and exchange information/resources/experiences among each other.

Immigration Voice Entrepreneur group is a forum for like minded members of Immigration Voice who have basic interest in Entrepreneurship. The forum intends to help its members through exchange of knowledge and experience in their entrepreneurial endeavors. This is an open forum, please feel free to ask any questions related to start up, issues concerning Maintaining Immigration status and starting business, help in building your existing business, etc.

Please visit the below given yahoo group website to subscribe to forum.

visit Weblink : http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/

or send email to: ivstartup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Administrators, please if possible make this a sticky so that members can join, actively participate on this thread.

ivjobs
11-06-2008, 06:26 PM
newbie2020 has taken the initiative of arranging the first conference call which was well received among the members. And one of the points he mentioned in the meeting is worth noting here.

People who are driven towards entrepreneurship have expertise in one or the other field. However they may be looking for help in fields other than their area of expertise. That is where IV members can help each and build their successful businesses.

For example, some of us may be experts in IT, few in Accounting, few in Marketing, few legal, few finance, etc. And a startup/business needs all these to become successful. That is where we can help each other and grow the businesses. And this is one intention behind starting the IV Entrepreneur yahoo group.

ivjobs
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I dont wish to make this a publicity forum for companies or individuals, But it would be heartening to know about other successful entrepreneurs who have been in the similar shoe of this immigration mess. It would be nice if IV members can post their successful ventures in the yahoo group and inspire other members. Please refrain to advertise but feel free to share your experience as an entrepreneur and your successful ventures in the yahoo group.

pappu
11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
congrats and good luck

chanduv23
11-06-2008, 10:36 PM
A wonderful initiative. Good luck, once the group grows, plan for seminars, workshops, involve more IV members and energize our community

ivjobs
11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Folks,
A table has been created in the IV Entrepreneurs yahoo group to
facilitate a repository for you to add Help wanted /Offered information.

We all pretty well know that having one's contact information would be
of no use unless we see some beneficial activities. Towards this end
in the Help wanted /offered information table we have created 3
specific fields where you can enter your past/present/future ventures,
your areas of expertise in which you can be help to others and the 3rd
field to enter the areas of help you are looking for.

You dont need to be a master in a domain to be of help. Just a piece
of advise is good enough. Also there is nothing like a silly question
so one can ask for any kind of help.

This obviously helps identify individuals who can be of specific help
in specific areas of interest.

So please go ahead and enter the information that you feel comfortable
entering. There is no compulsion for any one to input the data but we
would strongly encourage to do so just to help each other. After all
that is the purpose of this group.

Here is the link for the IV Startups Help Wanted / Offered

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/database?method=reportRows&tbl=1

To join the IV Startup group, please visit the following site:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/

IV Startup Group

ivjobs
11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
^^

rajpatelemail
11-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Another group with help of IV, to suck the blood by sponsoring H1s...

Believe me , at least 80% of this so called enterpreneurs will end up like present H1/desi employers/blood sucking companies

Of course 20% will be real good with clean intentions.

I bet...As i saw so many people in the same manner.

My close friends got GC and now sucking people with H1s , after just registering LLC with state secretary by paying 100$ reg fees and filing few H1s with INS

ivjobs
11-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Another group with help of IV, to suck the blood by sponsoring H1s...

Believe me , at least 80% of this so called enterpreneurs will end up like present H1/desi employers/blood sucking companies

Of course 20% will be real good with clean intentions.

I bet...As i saw so many people in the same manner.

My close friends got GC and now sucking people with H1s , after just registering LLC with state secretary by paying 100$ reg fees and filing few H1s with INS

Well let us assume this group has people in that 20% too..

ivjobs
11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Just to keep the ideas about entrepreneurship and the group activity floating at a central place, a file has been created in the group. Any one who feels their ideas, thoughts and proposals are worth and benefit the VI entrepreneur community, please add them below. The team will review them frequently and try to implement as many as feasible in the best interests of the IV and the group.

Compilation of some of the ideas/thoughts already proposed by the entrepreneurship group members:

1. Create a Charter which describes our activities,what we want to do,
roles, responsibilities, How to address issues and conflicts among
members etc.

2. Establish a core team/board who will report to a chair and is
ultimately responsible for policies, actions etc.

3.Identify and assign responsibility to individual members

4.Clearly identify the chain of command (whose responsible for what
and who does final decision)

5. Also assign the charter/board to come up with a business plan, do
investment analysis etc for the group.

6. Chalk out any short term and long term initiatives such as
attracting and retaining folks, managing day to day affairs, sharing
the wealth of knowledge and profits.

7. Should we register a ivstartup.org domain?
its 9.99/yr at godaddy, so that we can move from an informal setup
like yahoo groups to a more formal setup...with our own forum and
all..

8.Also to meet the cost...lets have a $1 as a yearly fee (or 50
cent/month) or 10$ life long membership....that will cover the cost
of hosting.

9. Like the one proposed on IV about Housing Crisis and speedy green card approval for buying houses, why not we propose an agenda for speedy green card process for I 485 pending and aspiring/existing entrepreneurs?

10. Create a shared repository for the all the startup related information specifically targeting IV audience.

Please add in your thoughts to the above or visit

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/files/

ivjobs
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
^^

DDash
11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Awesome idea....thanks for taking initiative. One minor suggestion, to avoid, spams may be you should lock the free membership...i.e. if someone wants to join the yahoo group, they should send a request, as opposed to join immediately. Just a thought.

Best wishes!

ivjobs
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Couple of polls have been started in the entrepreneurship group. Please follow the below link to participate

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/polls

ivjobs
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Bumping just to facilitate people know about this group and if interested can join...

ivjobs
11-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Folks, There are some hot discussions going on in the forum, if this area is something interesting to you why dont you join us in the group...