PDA

View Full Version : Please put a good word for Customer service Rep anytime you call USCIS.

mrdelhiite
07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Hello All,

I just would like to share an observation and comment with you all IV members. We a immigration community call USCIS 1800# for various reasons all the time. Sometime we talk to Level 1 Reps and sometimes we talk to level 2. Most of my Experiences have been great with Customer reps whether it was asking them to expedite my EAD after 90 days or combining my 2 Alien # assigned to me. Once I am done requesting them the information I need; I always make it a point to tell them to transfer me to the supervisor so that I can put in a good word for them. To the supervisor I always tell how good and helpful (not BS but actual truth) the customer rep was and his Rep #. I also thank them "as a team is as good as the leadership".

Please note that USCIS Rep job is a tough job and we should thank them every chance we get. I do agree that sometimes we get people who donít know much about the process but donít forget the immigration process is complicated with all the categories, countries, visa bulletin, Porting, A#s , Combining EAD/AP, different service centers working differently etc.

So next time you talk to USCIS and get a good customer Rep, please donít forget to put in a good word with the supervisor as well.

-M:D

NIW
07-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Well said mrdelhiite!
Nice words go long way and also leave a good impression about us (Indians). So, your kind words will help not only you but the next caller too.

dassumi
07-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Completely agree. Customer service is a tough job and the people who take phone calls are limited by what they can/cannot do. My philosophy in life has been that it does not hurt to say please, thanks and always sport a smile on your face. It works wonders.

Well said mrdelhiite!
Nice words go long way and also leave a good impression about us (Indians). So, your kind words will help not only you but the next caller too.

gcinprogress
07-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Completely agree. Customer service is a tough job and the people who take phone calls are limited by what they can/cannot do. My philosophy in life has been that it does not hurt to say please, thanks and always sport a smile on your face. It works wonders.

Awesome initiative, dude. If only we had more people like you in this world, it would have been a lot better place to live :)

gcinprogress
07-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Hello All,

I just would like to share an observation and comment with you all IV members. We a immigration community call USCIS 1800# for various reasons all the time. Sometime we talk to Level 1 Reps and sometimes we talk to level 2. Most of my Experiences have been great with Customer reps whether it was asking them to expedite my EAD after 90 days or combining my 2 Alien # assigned to me. Once I am done requesting them the information I need; I always make it a point to tell them to transfer me to the supervisor so that I can put in a good word for them. To the supervisor I always tell how good and helpful (not BS but actual truth) the customer rep was and his Rep #. I also thank them "as a team is as good as the leadership".

Please note that USCIS Rep job is a tough job and we should thank them every chance we get. I do agree that sometimes we get people who donít know much about the process but donít forget the immigration process is complicated with all the categories, countries, visa bulletin, Porting, A#s , Combining EAD/AP, different service centers working differently etc.

So next time you talk to USCIS and get a good customer Rep, please donít forget to put in a good word with the supervisor as well.

-M:D

Awesome initiative, dude. If only we had more people like you in this world, it would have been a lot better place to live