PDA

View Full Version : RFE related querry

sembat
07-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Greetings,

My priority date for GC is Feb 2005 and its in EB3. I recently received an RFE to submit some documents for myself and my wife. We have done that. I wanted to check, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that if the RFEs that we submitted are good then we should expect GC soon or it does not have any corelation and even after submitting all documents that we were asked for it can still take years to get GC?

Thanks
-k

uma001
07-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Greetings,

My priority date for GC is Feb 2005 and its in EB3. I recently received an RFE to submit some documents for myself and my wife. We have done that. I wanted to check, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that if the RFEs that we submitted are good then we should expect GC soon or it does not have any corelation and even after submitting all documents that we were asked for it can still take years to get GC?

Thanks
-k

What kind of documents did you submit?

sembat
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Documents confirming our wedding and that we live together (because after wedding due to both of us having jobs in different cities, our initial address were different). Some of the documents we sent were utility bills, bank statements, driving license copies, proof of our wedding, birth certificate of our child etc.

Thanks
-k

roseball
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Greetings,

Thanks
-k

USCIS is currently processing all pending I-485s irrespective of whether PDs are current or not. If your PD is current and if USCIS thinks it has all documents/evidence to approve your case, then you will get your GC. If your PD is not current but your application is documentarily complete for approval but for unavailability of visa numbers, looks like USCIS is marking such applications as "Pre-Adjudicated" and will only approve them when visa numbers are available (or your PD becomes current).