PDA

View Full Version : Officiall VB February out !!!

slammer
01-13-2009, 01:40 PM
It's here guys :

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4417.html

GCKaMaara
01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
It's here guys :

No EB3 movement :mad::mad:

bbct
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Atleast they are moving EB2 by few months so the chances of old cases getting approved is high.

slammer
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Guess we'll have to wait till March/April to bring some movement ?

waitforgc1
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Very good to see some movement in EB2 Category

crazydesi
01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
EB2 -- Dont run fast, you will fall down again ...

I'm EB3 , with PD Oct 18th, Off by 3 days since last 2 months ...

ocpmachine
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Atleast something moved this VB, this proves that USCIS is wokenup from sleep and resumed working.

bfadlia
01-13-2009, 02:29 PM
How on earth did EB3 ROW not move?!

chanduv23
01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
EB2 -- Dont run fast, you will fall down again ...

I'm EB3 , with PD Oct 18th, Off by 3 days since last 2 months ...

I don't think dates will go back again unless they drastically move the dates forward. The dates could remain stagnant for a long time though.

waitforgc1
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
This time dates are moving steadily. so i hope there shouldn't be any retrogression in the future bulletins

illusions
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM

i'm not sure as to why it didn't move an inch... but this really sucks.

kumar1
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
This train moves backwards too. So you never know.

ca_immigrant
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks God there is atleast some movement....there might be a few folks out there that are happy !! (I am not anywhere close yet !)

a1b2c3
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Slow and steady is good in contrast to arbitrary, jerky movements, suddenly forward and then suddenly backward into the ice age, which does only harm and no good to anyone. Like they did it in July 07 and then closed down the gates.

I'm hoping EB2-I marches right into 2005.
Hopefully, EB3-I will also see forward movements well into 2002. Let's keep all our fingers crossed.

pointlesswait
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Eb2 have never moved beyond may 2004.. so until it goes past that.. these movements are not really worth anything.. it has to overcome that resistance.. then maybe 2005 will be a reality

Slow and steady is good in contrast to arbitrary, jerky movements, suddenly forward and then suddenly backward into the ice age, which does only harm and no good to anyone. Like they did it in July 07 and then closed down the gates.

I'm hoping EB2-I marches right into 2005.
Hopefully, EB3-I will also see forward movements well into 2002. Let's keep all our fingers crossed.

pappu
01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Slow movement as expected. Hope dates move faster in the months ahead.

a1b2c3
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Eb2 have never moved beyond may 2004.. so until it goes past that.. these movements are not really worth anything.. it has to overcome that resistance.. then maybe 2005 will be a reality

What are you smoking today?
EB2-I Aug 2008 - Jun-06
EB2-I Sep 2008 - Aug-06

a1b2c3
01-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Why should ROW always move forward?:D You think just because your numbers are small, we live for free in the US of A.

eb3_nepa
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Same old story with EB3 India

lskreddy
01-13-2009, 03:43 PM
these movements are not really worth anything.. it has to overcome that resistance

Dude, these are not stocks where resistance and support play parts, it is USCIS/DoS. All they offer: resistance from with-in with no support to its customers. I am surprised you are still trying to find a pattern/curve. At best, it can be represented by a squiggly line my nephew draws..

kumar1
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
vdlrao, I know you are looking at this thread. Any comments?

By the way, Where is logiclife these days?

GCKaMaara
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Slow movement as expected. Hope dates move faster in the months ahead.

Hey Pappu,

What happened to your cool Avatar?

Marphad
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Who is logiclife?

Marphad
01-13-2009, 03:53 PM
This train moves backwards too. So you never know.

Shubh Shubh bol :)

jsb
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM

EB2-I did move to August 2006 only a few months ago, clearing some people way down in PD, but people senior in PD keep waiting.

crazydesi
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Once EB2 India reaches Apr 2005, it is going to stuck for long time (thats when PERM process started).

pappu
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Pappu,

What happened to your cool Avatar?

Isn't the new one cool enough. :D

pappu
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Who is logiclife?

He came he saw and he conquered with his long post on AC21 and Cobra and went away.

He is currently working on IV work in the background.

chi_shark
01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
this bulletin is great for eb2!

vdlrao
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Yes I am looking at the thread. I am expecting a very good forward movement(At least to 2007 Dec) in EB2 India category in the coming months.
If you see the Visa bulletin Archive for the last three years during April - Jul range theres a sharp jump in Priority dates(more than a year and more) for EB2 category. This happened during vertical fall out (This doesnt include last year because last year its horizontal fall out). So this year I am expecting the cut off dates will move at least two years ahead for EB2 India because of the horizontal fall out. For Eb3 I am not expecting any big change unless theres some immigration reform in the new OBAMA government.

Humhongekamyab
01-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I guess the last two quarters April-June, July-September should see huge jumps as vdlrao suggested. Any unused numbers from ROW and EB-1 categories should start flowing towards the EB-2 Chindia. This would be time when Chindia's EB-2 will have the same processing dates. I can't wait for it to reach December 2005.

bfadlia
01-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Why should ROW always move forward?:D You think just because your numbers are small, we live for free in the US of A.

I don't think you're following it too closely.. every year it creeps up a few early 2005 months, becomes unavailable the last quarter then in October jumps back to late 2003
completely unexplainable monkey business !!

ocpmachine
01-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes I am looking at the thread. I am expecting a very good forward movement(At least to 2007 Dec) in EB2 India category in the coming months.
If you see the Visa bulletin Archive for the last three years during April - Jul range theres a sharp jump in Priority dates(more than a year and more) for EB2 category. This happened during vertical fall out (This doesnt include last year because last year its horizontal fall out). So this year I am expecting the cut off dates will move at least two years ahead for EB2 India because of the horizontal fall out. For Eb3 I am not expecting any big change unless theres some immigration reform in the new OBAMA government.

Here comes VdlRao at his best in predicting the future movement of PD's, May your words become true and give respite to all EB2/EB3 folks.

hopefulgc
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
are logic life ko nahi jaante aap?

logiclife is a bhagwan .... he is sabka baap .. sabse bada saab.... aaj kal chup chaap :D:D

(translation: ramblings in hindi language ... the crawling vb has made me sick & delirious)

Who is logiclife?

hopefulgc
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
OMG... some imposter called Hrithik is trying to impose himself as paskal... god Save IV :D:D:D:D:D

Isn't the new one cool enough. :D

sanju
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
OMG... some imposter called Hrithik is trying to impose himself as paskal... god Save IV :D:D:D:D:D

It appears that you are cracking a joke, but I cannot stop from replying to your post. Why are you asking God to save IV? For the things we cannot do or for the things we dcon't understand, why do we always have to bring in 'God' in the picture? Can't we even crack a joke without brining in God?

I am just trying to prevent world war III on these forums. Thats why my request for not referring "God'. We will all be much more happier funnier and peaceful if we try not to bring in 'God' in the mix.

Next thing you will see, someone will post - "God, when will the VB dates move for my category".

bfadlia
01-13-2009, 05:07 PM
It appears that you are cracking a joke, but I cannot stop from replying to your post. Why are you asking God to save IV? For the things we cannot do or for the things we dcon't understand, why do we always have to bring in 'God' in the picture? Can't we even crack a joke without brining in God?

I am just trying to prevent world war III on these forums. Thats why my request for not referring "God'. We will all be much more happier funnier and peaceful if we try not to bring in 'God' in the mix.

Next thing you will see, someone will post - "God, when will the VB dates move for my category".

we know what you two will do after getting your GC/Citizenship..
hopefulgc will join the republican party.. you will join the ACLU :D

Cheran
01-13-2009, 05:08 PM
:)

dhesha
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Oh God, when my day will come.... :D

vin13
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I wish they do the horizontal spill from other countries to India every quarter. This way the work load at the USCIS is steady. Instead they like to wait for the last 3 months. This does not give them enough time to process.

Is there a 'Dummies" series for effecient management of work which we could present to USCIS :D

hopefulgc
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Woooo .. dude... relax ..take a chillax pillax
Everything ok between you and the "gawd"?

"gawd" .. look what you started between us :D:D:D

sanju
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
we know what you two will do after getting your GC/Citizenship..
hopefulgc will join the republican party.. you will join the ACLU :D

ACLU is too 'far right', need to think of something else, something better.

gc_nebraska
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Guys ! I know couple months ago a lot of us got RFE's and the status says " response received and cased resumed" but nothing after that , do you'll think that they might look into our files even with different PD dates.

vin13
01-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Guys ! I know couple months ago a lot of us got RFE's and the status says " response received and cased resumed" but nothing after that , do you'll think that they might look into our files even with different PD dates.

I received RFE and later after submission of requested documents, the satus is now 'recieved and case resumed". Is it possible to know if a case is pre-adjudicated?

a1b2c3
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't think you're following it too closely.. every year it creeps up a few early 2005 months, becomes unavailable the last quarter then in October jumps back to late 2003
completely unexplainable monkey business !!

If that is the case, I stand corrected. This whole country quota is unfair, that was my only point.

Marphad
01-13-2009, 06:54 PM
are logic life ko nahi jaante aap?

logiclife is a bhagwan .... he is sabka baap .. sabse bada saanp.... aaj kal chup chaap :D:D

(translation: ramblings in hindi language ... the crawling vb has made me sick & delirious)

I think you meant "saab" and not "saanp" ;). Or it was a deliberate mistake :D Just kidding.

hopefulgc
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
yes i meant saab :D:D

I think you meant "saab" and not "saanp" ;). Or it was a deliberate mistake :D Just kidding.

jk999
01-13-2009, 10:06 PM
and another month goes by...

jindhal
01-14-2009, 08:57 AM
ko gussa kyun aata hain ?

langagadu
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
That is funny.

Guys who are not from India, 'albert pinto ko gussa kyun aata hain?' is a Indian movie from 80's.

ko gussa kyun aata hain?

slammer
01-14-2009, 10:29 AM
well said :) ..months and years are passing by ..it seems more hopeless for EB3 - I. for those who have hopes ..nothing will happen for eb3 till june bulletin ..even then it is a big if. all the world needs to get their green cards then all of china, India eb2 applicants will get their GC's ..and then when US loses all its charm ..and EB3 (I) applicants are in their 50's / 60's - they will get their stupid cards

I hope there's some movement for WW EB3. We go through CP and cannot apply for EAD/AD or so as we live in Canada and not in the US. Our only chance to legally live and work in the USA is that we will be current an get our interview in Montreal.

Our PD is Feb/06, do you think there's hope for us to get the interview this year ? We've been current a couple of times in the last 3 years but never got an interview. That really sucks !

Rita

gc_on_demand
01-14-2009, 11:01 AM

Hello VDLRAO

dates will move till May / June 2007 allowing USCIS plenty of files to consume quota. Making date till Dec 2007 will open gates for people who didnot file during July 2007.

jsb
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
USCIS does not process cases in PD order, because they can't. Thousands of files they receive, are sequenced in order they receive them at Centers. They claim that cases are processed in order they receive them. For them "Receive Date" is not what you see on your receipt, it is the date they physically received the case (thus if case is moved from one center to another, meaningful Receive Date is the date it was recieved by the last center). You see this data online status as "...we received (or transferred) your case on ...".

PD critieria is limited to certain countries only. Therefore, by and large, "cases are processed in order they are received..." works well. However, for India, China etc. where PD cutoff has to be factored, it is used merely to decide to work or skip a file (when seen in the receive date order). If PD cutoff date is very restricted, they will have to skip a lot of cases, which slows them down. That's the reason every July they ask for wider PD cutoff dates so that they can consume a lot of visas, as they don't have to skip that many cases.

This process is a mockery of the PD cutoff dates, but that's how it works. If you sent your case on June 28, 07, with July 2, 07 as the printed Receive Data on your receipt, but the case where it finally rested, was entered in their database on Oct. 28, '07 (with a Notice Date soon thereafter), you case will not be looked at, no matter what the PD cutoff date is, unless all cases received before Oct. 28, '07 have been reviewed.

suriajay12
01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I just filed, but I do not have patience to wait and watch every bulletin.. we have to do bring more attention to problem.

bsbawa10
01-14-2009, 12:48 PM
This process is a mockery of the PD cutoff dates, but that's how it works. If you sent your case on June 28, 07, with July 2, 07 as the printed Receive Data on your receipt, but the case where it finally rested, was entered in their database on Oct. 28, '07 (with a Notice Date soon thereafter), you case will not be looked at, no matter what the PD cutoff date is, unless all cases received before Oct. 28, '07 have been reviewed.

Exactly, it is a mockery, they are playing with carrers, time and our money on H1 extenstions , EADs and Advance paroles.

Marphad
01-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Shubh Shubh bol :)

Someone gave me red with note: "English Please". Thanks to whoever did this. Sorry!

Translation: "Please speak positive".

kumar1
01-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I am EB-3 India and I am just 16 years away from my Green Card. My daughter would turn 21 in 2025 and then she would be able to file for our GC under family category. Also, I would celebrate my 25 years on "temporary visa" status in 2025.
Sorry Sunnysurya, I won't be porting my PD from 2005 to 2025. So you do not have to worry about anything.

xyzgc
01-14-2009, 09:18 PM
USCIS does not process cases in PD order, because they can't. Thousands of files they receive, are sequenced in order they receive them at Centers. They claim that cases are processed in order they receive them. For them "Receive Date" is not what you see on your receipt, it is the date they physically received the case (thus if case is moved from one center to another, meaningful Receive Date is the date it was recieved by the last center). You see this data online status as "...we received (or transferred) your case on ...".

PD critieria is limited to certain countries only. Therefore, by and large, "cases are processed in order they are received..." works well. However, for India, China etc. where PD cutoff has to be factored, it is used merely to decide to work or skip a file (when seen in the receive date order). If PD cutoff date is very restricted, they will have to skip a lot of cases, which slows them down. That's the reason every July they ask for wider PD cutoff dates so that they can consume a lot of visas, as they don't have to skip that many cases.

Disagree, the reason you see lot of cases with (older PDs but later RDs) still awaiting approval is because when the PDs were current these cases were still not ripe (e.g: they were waiting name check clearance).
Some of them became ripe after the visa numbers were assigned to cases with later PDs and the visa numbers got over.
There are multiple queues in the system with a backlog at each queue, so some out of order processing cannot be ruled out.

If a PD of EB2-I 2003 is still pending, its because it was stuck in some other queue before it could even be assigned a visa number and by the time it cleared that queue, the visa numbers were all gone.

Bottomline, if your PD is not current, you won't be assigned a visa number, no matter what and if it is current it doesn't mean you'll immediately be assigned a visa number, unless of course your case has cleared everything else. With the reduction in FBI name check processing time and the BECs, one can hope the process is much more streamlined.

The main problem with USCIS is lack of proper prediction. If there are very few ripe cases currently in the pipeline, they immediately open the window too wide, not understanding is that there is deluge of cases with older PDs that will *soon* become ripe. That is where everything goes wrong - their prediction is either too conservative or too liberal.
However, I disagree that PDs cutoffs are not honored.

jaane_bhi_do_yaaro
01-14-2009, 11:13 PM
One of my colleagues, got his GC last yr (EB2, PD 2006) in Aug. 2008 even though his receipt date (Aug. 2007 as per receipt by Texas center)
was not honored.
I believe that even receipt date is not honored if the case has cleared all formalities and PD is current.

jsb
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Disagree, the reason you see lot of cases with (older PDs but later RDs) still awaiting approval is because when the PDs were current these cases were still not ripe (e.g: they were waiting name check clearance)....

My argument was on when your file will be looked at the first time. Of course, to get visa number numerous conditions, such as PD Currency, name-check, various documents, etc., have to be met. What I meant is that your file will be looked at the first time, only after cases physically received at the center reviewing your case (no matter what RD is shown on your receipt) before your case was recieved, have been looked at.

Thus, even if you name check is cleared, your PD is Current, and you provided all required documents, if there are cases physically received before your case was received (no matter what RD is shown on your receipt) which are still to be looked at (at least once), your file will not be looked at.

Note that when you call Customer Support, they recognize Receive Date what you see in your online status as "...your case was received on...", which may be quite different than RD on your receipt.

Processing Dates published in monthly reports for each center are manually entered by their staff, and do not tell whether those dates mean "no case is pending older than this date", or "at least one case has been dealt with past this date", as the truth is something in between.

Of course, internal processing and handling of physical files could be anything but known to the outside world. For example, it is possible that an officer was given a bundle of cases to look at, but then he/she proceeds on leave for 4 weeks, leaving them on desk to work on his/her return.

eeezzz
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
However, for India, China etc. where PD cutoff has to be factored, it is used merely to decide to work or skip a file (when seen in the receive date order). If PD cutoff date is very restricted, they will have to skip a lot of cases, which slows them down.
I don't think this is true. As a CSR, case is assigned to you, not you choose the case. I think it's the same way to IOs. PD current cases will be assigned to IO, not IO looks into paper mountains to find case to adjust.

That's the reason every July they ask for wider PD cutoff dates so that they can consume a lot of visas, as they don't have to skip that many cases.
And about this, it's not abut skip or not either. Visa Office decides the date, CIS does the work. When CIS doesn't output enough work, VO thinks CIS doesn't have enough cases so they move dates forward. Direct result is therefore CP is able to process any cases that is current in hand. When this happens, more approval numbers will show, but that has nothing to do with CIS. CIS basically still process about the same amount of cases as usual.

xyzgc
01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
My argument was on when your file will be looked at the first time. Of course, to get visa number numerous conditions, such as PD Currency, name-check, various documents, etc., have to be met. What I meant is that your file will be looked at the first time, only after cases physically received at the center reviewing your case (no matter what RD is shown on your receipt) before your case was recieved, have been looked at.

Yes, I completely agree with your argument. It makes total sense. I was bothered by your observation that PDs cutoffs are not honored at all. That doesn't seem true.

Thus, even if you name check is cleared, your PD is Current, and you provided all required documents, if there are cases physically received before your case was received (no matter what RD is shown on your receipt) which are still to be looked at (at least once), your file will not be looked at.

Agreed with that. Your case may not even be assigned RD. There is a backlog there as well. And this has been further compounded by the July 07 fiasco. Folks keep arguing with me, hey this is a major victory for IVians. How so, may I ask? It has clogged EB3-I like hell. This has given USCIS a reason not to process it further and dedicate resources to it. Most folks who got their EADs, after being eligible for it out of order, have not even used it. It may have benifitted EB3 spouses of some folks in the short run but it has messed it up completely in the longer run. I'm not EB3-I but I can't help stating this.

USCIS were very bad at calculating the size of the window. (Infamous July 07 is a glaring example of this one. How can you suddenly make everyone current? Beats my understanding completely!)
They would suddenly raise the cutoff dates and have a big window. And then they would go by RDs within that window. So even if your case had older PD, it could happen you didn't get a visa number because your RD was of a later date and visa numbers simply got over by the time they got to you. Instead, they should have some weighted average of RD + PD, within a window.

More importantly, they should NOT raise cutoff PDs dates arbitrarily. Hopefully, with the database revamping these administrative fallacies are corrected and such thing won't happen in future.

jsb
01-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't think this is true. As a CSR, case is assigned to you, not you choose the case. I think it's the same way to IOs. PD current cases will be assigned to IO, not IO looks into paper mountains to find case to adjust....

Yes, you are right. Cases are assigned (not picked), which is done in order they were physically received at the center they are being assigned at. If PD is not current, case is put aside and next file is considered. Due to huge filings in July'07, resultant chaos, and shuffling cases around between centers before entering them in the system, if your file is way below in line (eventhough you deligently made sure to have it with USCIS on July 2, AND your PD is current), no one is going to look at your file, until your turn (in order of final data entry) reaches.

Pagal
01-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Very interesting arguments!

My PD is Feb 2005 and RD is Oct 2007 (post Jul 07 fiasco). But my application still moved and I had to appear for an interview with IO at local office in Dec 08 (of course, now again it is in pending status).

So, IMHO USCIS may be using a combo of PD/RD to process the cases...

eeezzz
01-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes, you are right. Cases are assigned (not picked), which is done in order they were physically received at the center they are being assigned at. If PD is not current, case is put aside and next file is considered. Due to huge filings in July'07, resultant chaos, and shuffling cases around between centers before entering them in the system, if your file is way below in line (eventhough you deligently made sure to have it with USCIS on July 2, AND your PD is current), no one is going to look at your file, until your turn (in order of final data entry) reaches.

If I recall correctly, I saw many posts about people called to ask about their 485 case status. And many got response as NC is cleared, waiting to be assigned to a IO and/or waiting for visa number.
That is why I think when you are current, you are then have a chance to be assigned to an IO, and then be able to get a visa number. I don't think cases have been assigned to IO when CIS receive your I-485 form. And if you look at 's data, many of old PD have been approved, even if their RD is 2008. So I think RD only plays a rule as control how many people can do SR. It is not matter about they will process your case if you are within processing time at all. When your PD is current, you have a chance.

On Ron's website, he talks about this move in Feb. He thinks there's not enough cases processed(not meet VO's goal) for EB2 China and India, that is why dates move forward. For EB-3, CIS meets VO's goal for the month so VO doesn't advance the date.

ksrk
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Note that when you call Customer Support, they recognize Receive Date what you see in your online status as "...your case was received on...", which may be quite different than RD on your receipt. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree - my experience has been the same. The customer service representative insisted the receive date was whatever showed up in the online status, even though it was ~45 days after the receipt date printed on my receipt notice.

Btw, I have a question about background/namecheck. I remember reading someplace (official) that fingerprints are valid for a period of 15 months. Now imagine this - at the end of that period, you are fingerprinted again, and while the background/namecheck is in progress the "annual lottery" period opens up in Jul/Aug/Sept. Is that file skipped again since background check is pending?
Regardless of what laws USCIS vouches for, I believe this is what happened during last year "lottery season" in Aug/Sept. My background check was completed and entered in the system mid-Aug., while the USCIS ran out of visa numbers a week or two later.

BECsufferer
01-15-2009, 09:48 PM
EB2 Jan04 ... I need it to be Jan05. Damn!!

Vsach
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
It's here guys :

So what is the big deal...:mad:

bebar
01-15-2009, 10:26 PM
My PD has been current quite a few times since 06/2007. Last time when I called TSC, my NC was still pending. My FP was done during 07/07 and I heard from some one in this thread that FP is valid for 15 months only. So what should I do now. Should I go for an infopass and take an FP appointment ? Guys please advise.

jsb
01-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes, I agree - my experience has been the same. The customer service representative insisted the receive date was whatever showed up in the online status, even though it was ~45 days after the receipt date printed on my receipt notice.

Btw, I have a question about background/namecheck. I remember reading someplace (official) that fingerprints are valid for a period of 15 months. Now imagine this - at the end of that period, you are fingerprinted again, and while the background/namecheck is in progress the "annual lottery" period opens up in Jul/Aug/Sept. Is that file skipped again since background check is pending?
Regardless of what laws USCIS vouches for, I believe this is what happened during last year "lottery season" in Aug/Sept. My background check was completed and entered in the system mid-Aug., while the USCIS ran out of visa numbers a week or two later.
Anything is possible my friend. We are only trying to understand (from remote) what may be happening. No one there really has any well defined method to manage cases. Their annual report tells how many cases were processed, and how many visas were given away. There is nothing to vouch on this report if it was done in any genuine and sensible sequence. Monthly published processing dates, as we all know, are approximate. They are not updated regularly as no one really knows how to determine those dates (Extremes "no one before this date is pending" and "at least one case with this date has been processed, may differ by several months/years?).

jsb
01-16-2009, 09:32 AM
My PD has been current quite a few times since 06/2007. Last time when I called TSC, my NC was still pending. My FP was done during 07/07 and I heard from some one in this thread that FP is valid for 15 months only. So what should I do now. Should I go for an infopass and take an FP appointment ? Guys please advise.

It appears that you are EB2-ROW. With that old PD, you should definitely take an Infopass and ask what is holding up. As per regulations they are not supposed to wait for NC for more than 180 days, unless something suggesting "name not cleared" has been provided by FBI

bebar
01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry I didn't mention the country. Mine is EB2 India PD 09/2003

a1b2c3
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Sorry I didn't mention the country. Mine is EB2 India PD 09/2003

Your case is eligible the chances are high that you'll get it, if dates remain current. And as folks have mentioned, 180 days rule applies. Your infopass will tell you clearly what's happening to your NC but that is immaterial.

I realized your original question was about FP and its expiry and not about NC. So I withdrew my original post to remind you of the 180 day rule which says where the application is otherwise approvable and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the I-485 and proceed with card issuance.

Will you send me a PM the day you get a notification that 485 is approved? I guess now I am getting impatient, despite being fully aware of a possibility of dates retrogressing in the next bulletin.

ksrk
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Your case is eligible the chances are high that you'll get it, if dates remain current. And as folks have mentioned, 180 days rule applies. Your infopass will tell you clearly what's happening to your NC but that is immaterial.

I realized your original question was about FP and its expiry and not about NC. So I withdrew my original post to remind you of the 180 day rule which says where the application is otherwise approvable and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the I-485 and proceed with card issuance.

Yeah, the official rule was clearly communicated (to us) about the 180 days since I-485 filing (if it was pending for 180 days...).
But that rule wasn't followed at the end of FY2008 (Aug/Sept 2008).
In fact, some customer service reps even mentioned something to the effect of this law would be enforced only from Feb.2009 or something to that effect.

That is part of the concern with new fingerprinting once the 15-months expire and you have go through the FP/NC process all over again.

crazydesi
01-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I got 2nd FP notice (first one was done in Aug 2007). I was not expecting this as my PD is oct 15 2001, EB3, Mera Bharat Mahan(India), off by 3 days with the current and next bulletin.

Its code 1, so only finger prints.

What is the logic behind FP for every 15 months??