PDA

View Full Version : FEB.2009 VB is Out

inskrish
01-13-2009, 01:40 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4417.html

Some good news for EB2 India.

webm
01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
EB3-India 15OCT01(no movement since from last VB)
EB2-India 01JAN04 (6 months of movement--good for EB2 folks)
EB1-India Current (always good)

EB3 ROW 01MAY05
EB2 ROW Current

gcdreamer05
01-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Atleast good for eb2 guys, eb3 i think we need to wait till april...

I too got the bulletin, was surprised to see that the subscription list sent the vb faster this time , usually it comes out on other sites, but this time the email automatic email came....

that is mail came from visabulletin@state.gov

vsrinir
01-13-2009, 01:52 PM
EB3 - So Frustrating

What can we do?:confused:

chintu25
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
At this stage I dont think it means much for EB2 as well ..... I know people with 03 Jan EB2 still stuck

There has to be a reform

reddymjm
01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Atleast good for eb2 guys, eb3 i think we need to wait till april...

I too got the bulletin, was surprised to see that the subscription list sent the vb faster this time , usually it comes out on other sites, but this time the email automatic email came....

that is mail came from visabulletin@state.gov

I am not sure there will be considerable movement in April as well. May be some movement in Jul, Aug, Sep bullitens. By the way I am EB3 - 03/03.

crazydesi
01-13-2009, 02:11 PM
EB2 -- Dont run fast, you will fall down again ...

I'm EB3 , with PD Oct 18th, Off by 3 days since last 2 months ...

leoindiano
01-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Can we be assured, they will process the apps by PD this time? I read somewhere on this forum there was some effort to follow PD by USCIS ...

Otherwise, there is no meaning for the bulletin?

Just think, we were current like how many times, still you never know who will get and who will not?

gimme_GC2006
01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
hehehhehe...

still 23 months behind my PD.

Well...time to buy next lottery :confused:

gc_nebraska
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Guys ! I know couple months ago a lot of us got RFE's and the status says " response received and cased resumed" but nothing after that , do you'll think that they might look into our files even with different PD dates.

jsb
01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
At this stage I dont think it means much for EB2 as well ..... I know people with 03 Jan EB2 still stuck

There has to be a reform

USCIS does not process cases in PD order, because they can't. Thousands of files they receive, are sequenced in order they receive them at Centers. They claim that cases are processed in order they receive them. "Receive Date" is not what you see on your receipt, it is the date they physically received the case on (thus if case is moved from one center to another, true Receive Date is the date it was recieved by the last center). You see this data online status as "...we received (or transferred) your case on ...".

PD critieria is limited to certain countries only. Therefore, by and large, "cases are processed in order they are received..." works well. However, for India, China etc. where PD cutoff has to be factored, it is used merely to decide to work or skip a file (when seen in the receive date order). If PD cutoff date is very restricted, they will have to skip a lot of cases, which slows them down. That's the reason every July they ask for wider PD cutoff dates so that they can consume a lot of visas, as they don't have to skip that many cases.

This process is a mockery of the PD cutoff dates, but that's how it works. If you sent your case on June 28, 07, with July 2, 07 as the printed Receive Data on your receipt, but the case where it finally rested, was entered in their database on Oct. 28, '07 (with a Notice Date soon thereafter), you case will not be looked at, no matter what the PD cutoff date is, unless all cases received before Oct. 28, '07 have been reviewed.