PDA

View Full Version : Time to worry ?? Assinged to IO more than 2 months ago.

chris
02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Our cases are assigned to IO more that 60 days ago. No LUD's sofar.

Called VSC, One officer told me that they have thousands of cases pending. :confused:

Any one got GC recently and pending with IO more that 60 days ?

Appricaite comments and advice.

rayen
02-05-2009, 03:39 PM

Called VSC, One officer told me that they have thousands of cases pending. :confused:

Chris,

How did you reach to the IO (Officer ) to know your status , is there any number/ options..

Please advice.

Thanks.

chris
02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
receipt no

Good luck

Chris,

How did you reach to the IO (Officer ) to know your status , is there any number/ options..

Please advice.

Thanks.

rayen
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
receipt no

Good luck

Chris,

Thanks a lot I will try to reach them now.

Thanks, again.

rayen
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Chris,

Thanks a lot I will try to reach them now.

Thanks, again.

Cris,

I just called teh number and was able to talk to the officer.. he said the case under review.. means.. Any idea.

Thanks again.

sanju
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Cris,

I just called teh number and was able to talk to the officer.. he said the case under review.. means.. Any idea.

Thanks again.

I guess, thats what Chris was asking :D

chris
02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
One time one IO told me once you file your 485 or any application means USCIS is working on your case. You have to wait until they mail a decission. (what are we going to do though :p)

Here under review means same above meaning. Since your PD is not current. Even though they are working on your case doesn't mean any thing. :p

Good luck though. (we are seeing on forums that people are getting GCs without PD's are current.) :mad:

Cris,

Thanks again.

a1b2c3
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm also in the same boat. Cases after me are getting approved.:)

jsb
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Cris,

Thanks again.

As others have replied, "under review" means, it is somewhere in the stacks of files. They may not even know where it is.

leoindiano
02-06-2009, 02:04 PM
looks like this is what happening...

They have 100's of 1000's of cases....thrown in one dark room.

They have this Q on their computers, with cases approved Namecheck, background check, I-140, FP complete....

Now, when they are assigned with a case, they will try to find the file....Just imagine its not easy to find the case, but USCIS doesnt put any effort to sort them either.

So, he will leave that case there, go to next one...This is just my guess...

chris
02-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Did you contacted congressman or opened any SR's ?

I'm also in the same boat. Cases after me are getting approved.:)

a1b2c3
02-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Did you contacted congressman or opened any SR's ?

I've contacted the congressmen. There are 200 odd cases at NSC still lying unprocessed with earlier PD and RD (than mine) while the cutoff dates move forward for EB2-I. Are they going process all others before mine?
With this some lucky ones will get out and other unlucky ones will complain to the congressmen. Movements without clearing up the earlier cases will cause more problems.
Btw, Chris, what is your status?

chris
02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Still pending ..

Initially filed in Texas and transfered to Vermont .
Assigned to officer more that 60 days ago. :confused:

I've contacted the congressmen. There are 200 odd cases at NSC still lying unprocessed with earlier PD and RD (than mine) while the cutoff dates move forward for EB2-I. Are they going process all others before mine?
With this some lucky ones will get out and other unlucky ones will complain to the congressmen. Movements without clearing up the earlier cases will cause more problems.
Btw, Chris, what is your status?

a1b2c3
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
damn! sorry to hear that Chris, did you contact any congressmen? as for me, I need to take some vacation, this gc bug has bitten me and its hurting now.:)

chris
02-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Yes.. I did contacted to congresman office.

His office informed me that our cases are assigned to adjudicating officer.

damn! sorry to hear that Chris, did you contact any congressmen? as for me, I need to take some vacation, this gc bug has bitten me and its hurting now.:)

bsbawa10
02-12-2009, 06:13 AM
looks like this is what happening...

They have 100's of 1000's of cases....thrown in one dark room.

They have this Q on their computers, with cases approved Namecheck, background check, I-140, FP complete....

Now, when they are assigned with a case, they will try to find the file....Just imagine its not easy to find the case, but USCIS doesnt put any effort to sort them either.

So, he will leave that case there, go to next one...This is just my guess...

EXACTLY, they seem not to be organized and they do not have the will to be organized. They do not have will to find the files and they do not have will to process the case. The easiest thing for them is to pick up the file which they can grab from the top and process it if the PD is current. If you are lucky, you will get GC, otherwise , your file is burried somewhere and nobody excepting you has the desire to locate it. On the top of that , they have no accountability..nobody to check if the IO is doing the right thing or not. Nobody to check if the customer service is giving the right answers or not. Nobody to check if customer service is directing to the right people or not.

naushit
02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Chris,

My case was very similar in last November, I did call them many times...but same old answer. but in last month they told me they did not work on my case because my fiinger prints were expired. they expire every 15 months, and without valid FP , case even will not pass standard "filter" criteria, and they don't consider it "ready to approve"

Looks like you sent your 485 on Jul 2007, assume your first FP was done before Aug 2007? if yes, it's expired. By any chance, did you do your 2nd FP?

Just my 2 cents.!

Regards,
-N

chris
02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
You are right. My finger prints are expired and called several times and took info pass.

Same answer, " if IO thinks need FP, they will send. Wait for their decission". :mad:

Chris,

My case was very similar in last November, I did call them many times...but same old answer. but in last month they told me they did not work on my case because my fiinger prints were expired. they expire every 15 months, and without valid FP , case even will not pass standard "filter" criteria, and they don't consider it "ready to approve"

Looks like you sent your 485 on Jul 2007, assume your first FP was done before Aug 2007? if yes, it's expired. By any chance, did you do your 2nd FP?

Just my 2 cents.!

Regards,
-N

naushit
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Chris,

This is what I did, I just called and told them I need to do FP, can you please schedule it for me?, and surprisingly without any resistance they just scheduled my finger prints for First week of March! (yesterday I received FP notice,scheduled for fist week of March 2009).

I do not think without valid FP your case will pass their , "ready to approve" filter criteria.
so get your FP done.

Good luck,

Regards,
-N

You are right. My finger prints are expired and called several times and took info pass.

Same answer, " if IO thinks need FP, they will send. Wait for their decission". :mad: