PDA

View Full Version : When this retrogression will be over

Kuldeepsingh2006
11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Dear Sir
How long it will take for the retrogression (2006-07)to ve over.I am registered nurse.I have got my I-140 approval and my case has been recieved by NVC.My priority date is July 2006.Could you please tell me when I can get my Visa.

GCwaitforever
11-21-2006, 05:38 AM
I have got my I-140 approval and my case has been recieved by NVC.My priority date is July 2006.Could you please tell me when I can get my Visa.

Atleast five years, going by the VISA bulletin.

pappu
11-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Dear Sir
How long it will take for the retrogression (2006-07)to ve over.I am registered nurse.I have got my I-140 approval and my case has been recieved by NVC.My priority date is July 2006.Could you please tell me when I can get my Visa.
It will take several years. There can be a wait of upto 10 years or more for EB3 people of some nationalities if we go by visa bulletin trends. Unless we all do something and help this organization it will be tough to get much relief. We need to make sure all our provisions are added in any immigration bill that comes up for vote. This will require lot of effort.

shukkoor007
11-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Dear Sir
Dear Kuldeepsingh
Nurses are Schedule A category, which already unavailable and become no more this category , unless the US congress has pass the bill to issue more visa in this category. Now the election over, high likelihood that bills will be passed into laws in November 2006 and if not then in March or the latest is hopefully May, 2007.

Jimi_Hendrix
11-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Based on the current trend it is really difficult to predict when retrogression relief will occur. Last year was an exception because visa numbers were available to be recaptured. However this year you will notice that there are no visa numbers available for recapture. Also Schedule A has become unavailable.

The situation is very grim and unless we all participate in raising awareness about this problem very little can happen. What I have noticed is that most people who have applied for green card are happy with pushing this problem under the carpet. Most people think that since they just started in the process, they have an H1B, then why worry, we will worry about it tomorrow. Well you are lucky that there is an organization like IV around and you should make the most of participating and working with IV instead of living in denial.

Please create awareness among your friends about this issue. Ask them to join IV by registering online and make some contribution based on ability.

Asian
11-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Even if the retrogression were over, nobody knows how long it will take in 485stage after everybody jumps in...

Based on the current trend it is really difficult to predict when retrogression relief will occur. Last year was an exception because visa numbers were available to be recaptured. However this year you will notice that there are no visa numbers available for recapture. Also Schedule A has become unavailable.

The situation is very grim and unless we all participate in raising awareness about this problem very little can happen. What I have noticed is that most people who have applied for green card are happy with pushing this problem under the carpet. Most people think that since they just started in the process, they have an H1B, then why worry, we will worry about it tomorrow. Well you are lucky that there is an organization like IV around and you should make the most of participating and working with IV instead of living in denial.

Please create awareness among your friends about this issue. Ask them to join IV by registering online and make some contribution based on ability.

jonty_11
11-21-2006, 02:59 PM
yes, rather than asking questions like when it will b over, be proactive in helping out IV, send emails....Faxes and participate in IV. Also, please contribute to this cause as it will benefit everyone.