PDA

View Full Version : Change of Employer - Risks

ImmiLosers
11-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Immi Gurus,

I am on H1b -7th year extension (Residency Status I-140 Approved - Category EB3/Jan 03).
I would appreciate if you guys share your experience regarding change of employer and carried forward Priority Date.

Is it really practical for employer to revoke I-140? What if the original I-140 lies with me? Any tools or tricks to protect yourself?

Is it okay to transfer H1b to new employer (as H1b extension was coningent upon continued GC process)?

Thanks,

ImmiLoser

pappu
11-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Immi Gurus,

I am on H1b -7th year extension (Residency Status I-140 Approved - Category EB3/Jan 03).
I would appreciate if you guys share your experience regarding change of employer and carried forward Priority Date.

Is it really practical for employer to revoke I-140? What if the original I-140 lies with me? Any tools or tricks to protect yourself?

Is it okay to transfer H1b to new employer (as H1b extension was coningent upon continued GC process)?

Thanks,

ImmiLoser
having the original I140 with you cannot stop your employer from revoking I140. You may want to go through old threads on this subject. it was well discussed by members in the past.