PDA

View Full Version : March Bulletin Observation

newbie2020
02-10-2009, 08:20 AM
I know we are all crying seeing retrogression of EB2/EB3 India/China etc.

But here is a small observation from March visa Bulletin

Pursuant to Section 2(a) of the Special Immigrant Nonminister Religious Worker Program Act (Pub. L. No. 110-391), the nonminister special immigrant program expires on March 6, 2009. No SR-1, SR-2, or SR-3 visas may be issued overseas on or after March 6, 2009. Visas issued prior to this date may only be issued with a validity date of March 5, 2009, and all individuals seeking admission as a nonminister special immigrant must be admitted (repeat, admitted) into the U.S. no later than midnight March 5, 2009.

Employment Fifth Preference Pilot Categories(I5, R5):

Pursuant to Section 144 of the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 (Public Law 110-329), the immigrant investor pilot program will expire on March 6, 2009. No I5-1, I5-2, I5-3, R5-1, R5-2 or R5-3 visas may be issued after March 6, 2009.

The initial cut-off dates for the categories mentioned above have been listed as “current” for March. If these categories have not been extended based on legislative action those cut-off dates will become “unavailable” effective March 7, 2009.

Now that EB4/EB5 are set to expire on March 6th Don't you guys think there will be some legislation to address this ( renew it temporarily or permanently for longer time)

It may present us a great opportunity for us to get our voices heard. Be it county cap or Be it increasing visa numbers

I think it is the time we need to work closely with Law makers to add the relief clause to whatever legislation which may come in next couple weeks.

KRS
02-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I agree with newbie2020. This seems to be time to start something.

whitecollarslave
02-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Good point. Do we know groups that will be supporting such legislation? Who are the lawmakers that are favorable to these categories?

newbie2020
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
We can search for the Lawmakers who supported the earlier extension of EB5 and EB4 Religious worker visas.

dvb123
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I think if we get a rollover of EB4 and EB5 visas to EB1 then they can trickle down to EB2 and EB3.

First: Priority Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required for fourth and fifth preferences.

Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required by first preference.

Since two visa categories are expiring can these visa numbers be allotted to India and China?

EB4 + EB5 -----Rollover------>EB1 ----Rollover----->EB2

Can IV fight for this so that visa numbers will be allotted to EB1 before the categories expire and visa numbers go wasted? I think this is an admin fix.

snathan
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
In this economy forget about increasing the visa numbers. Let us try for country cap.