PDA

View Full Version : Labor and Location Change

sanp
11-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Hello,
I have a question about Labor. I applied for labor in NY. However my company was acquired by another company based in Chicago. if I am asked to move to Chicago , will my current labor get canceled as it was filed in NY region. Do I need to apply for a new labor ..

thanks

chanduv23
11-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Whenever my work location changed, my company filed for a new LCA. It is a simple process and your HR or lawyer takes care of it.

qualified_trash
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
LCA for H1 has to be filed. LC for GC purposes does not matter as long as teh location of future employment has not changed.

nozerd
11-21-2006, 04:34 PM
OK So I have been working in Texas with the same firm since 1999. I recently got extension for my 8th , 9th and 10th yr of H1.

Next year say I move with same firm to Detroit. However I will be doing my exact same job and working remotely on Texas clients. My permanant job is still based on TX but im working in MI.

Do I need to file any LCA amendment or is it ok with my current H1.

sanp
11-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I was talking about my LC for green card. Since the Labor is submitted for NY , I presume that the LC will not be valid , If I have to move to Chicago

GCBy3000
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
1. Check with your LC on how the location is mentioned. Ask your attorney.

2. If your LC is prepared by saying you will work anywhere in this US, it is ok to move from place to place I beleive.

3. If you move now to Chicago and come back to NY once your green card is approved, you are fine without out filing a new LC for chicago.

4. if you dont want to move to NY permanently after your get your green card, try going to NY for atleast 6months-1year after you get GC. If this is also not possible, YES YOU HAVE TO FILE for a new LC in chicago.

5. DO not risk converting your exisitng LC to PERM. My opinion.

6. Try applyin for I140 with the NY LC once you get your LC approved. In the mean time, file for a PERM LC with exactly similar job description and keep it moving till I140. Once you get your NY 140 approved, you can use this as your PD when you file I1485.

DONT forget to file LCA for the new location. Very important.

All are based on my experience.

I was talking about my LC for green card. Since the Labor is submitted for NY , I presume that the LC will not be valid , If I have to move to Chicago

kghoshal
11-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Dear my friends Can I get copy of LC filing copy and 45 letter copy through
FOIA? I recently got laid off after working 4 years in same company. My employer is refusing to give LC filing copy. In my knowledge to get new H1 as I am 8th year extension from my new employer, I need to have copy of LC filing. I am in dilemma; please guide me if you can. I will really appreciate any guidance from 1V members.

Madhuri
11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
I am not sure whether the email id works still, but you can try sending email to the processing center in this context and get a screenshot. Based on the screen shot. Based on the screen shot you can file extension.

Dallas: h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
Philly: h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

Dear my friends Can I get copy of LC filing copy and 45 letter copy through
FOIA? I recently got laid off after working 4 years in same company. My employer is refusing to give LC filing copy. In my knowledge to get new H1 as I am 8th year extension from my new employer, I need to have copy of LC filing. I am in dilemma; please guide me if you can. I will really appreciate any guidance from 1V members.

ramaonline
11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kghoshal:

u don't need lc copy - ur attny can request screenshot from dol by emailing the respective BEC u need:
employee / emplr name
state of filing and eb category

Dallas: h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
Philly: h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

This link has details
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182326

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ramaonline : 11-24-2006 at 01:06 AM.