PDA

View Full Version : EAD Renewel - Apply 6 months before??

ash0210
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
I am wondering why USCIS having so much of tighter control on "Legal" immigrants!!

I browsed thru following new USCIS web site, selected option - Employment Authorization & noticed that NEW rule to "Renew EAD" is 6 months...

Is it good for us to apply 1 year EAD six months in advance?

Checkfollowing EAD with option - Employment Authorization:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/

485Mbe4001
11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
This is not a new rule, i have been renewing 6months in advance for the last three years. 4-6 photos each time, without glasses and a straight face. the first year my mug shot had a smile, the second a blank look, third was probably a smirk...may more expressions to come till i get the GC approval :D

better keep the EAD current than risk being out of status

alterego
11-21-2006, 06:22 PM
This is not a new rule, i have been renewing 6months in advance for the last three years. 4-6 photos each time, without glasses and a straight face. the first year my mug shot had a smile, the second a blank look, third was probably a smirk...may more expressions to come till i get the GC approval :D

better keep the EAD current than risk being out of status

Not having the EAD does not make you out of status. You can't work however. Minor detail but thought I would point it out.
6 months may be a little overkill. Somewhere between 100-120 days ahead should be OK. I have done it twice without issue. Doing it too soon, makes your time much less than one year. Already it is about 9 months per renewal mostly.
Can't figure out why they won't let us have 3 yr EADs, even if they charge 3 times the rate. With the current multi year retrogression, it seems like common sense. But it is the USCIS we are talking about! Oops I answered my own question.

ash0210
11-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Not having the EAD does not make you out of status...EAD is just your Authorized to work till your Status is adjusted..

Not having the EAD does not make you out of status. You can't work however.

zephyrus
11-22-2006, 09:17 AM
The thing that really gets to me is that the renewed EAD does not use the previous EADs expiration date and instead effectively reduces the validity of each subsequent EAD because you've applied well in advance to avoid the situation mentioned above. I've just applied for my 5th EAD in three years and 2 months. Can't really risk timing the EAD/AP applications with USCIS (it's like playing chicken with a brick wall).

vina92
11-22-2006, 10:42 AM
What happens when someone is on EAD and lose their job. Do they have to leave the country? How do they proceed on their AOS?