PDA

View Full Version : EB2 or EB3 ?

unluckyeb3
08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I have a friend of mine, who is planning to file for EB2...the job profile requirement is US Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent bachelors degree with 5 yrs of progressive experience. He has Masters from Indian university(Msc (Comp) and Bsc (comp)) and has 6 Yrs of Progressive experience. He has concern ab't his 3+2 degree equivalent to US bachelors. He is getting his education(3+2) evaluated as equivalent to US bachelors.

Does it make sense to go for EB2. If applied in EB2 category, will USCIS reject it based on Indian 3 yr Bsc degree is not equivalent to 4 yr US Bachelors. Will they consider looking at his Masters at all?

Has anybody in this forum with similar requirement/qual. filed under EB2? Has there Labor & 140 got approved in EB2 category?

SAP
08-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Folks

I am hearing this news among friends not sure how far this is true..i thought i will get expert thoughts on this forum as well.. is there something like a particular category can not be backlogged more than 10 years. as per any immigration rules..?? so the expectation is the dates will progress..for EB3...

Sap

gk_2000
08-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Folks

I am hearing this news among friends not sure how far this is true..i thought i will get expert thoughts on this forum as well.. is there something like a particular category can not be backlogged more than 10 years. as per any immigration rules..?? so the expectation is the dates will progress..for EB3...

Sap

This is easy to verify. From current visa bulletin can you see groups waiting longer than 10 yrs?

SAP
08-27-2011, 11:53 AM
gk_2000

what i meant was ..is there any immigration rule which forbids them to keep backlog more than 10 years and they will have to explain..and which will also have legal implication on uscis...so in order to avoid all these hassles USCIS/DOS will move the dates for EB3 ..so as to keep it under 10 years...which means dates will move for EB3..

sap

gk_2000
08-27-2011, 01:23 PM
gk_2000

what i meant was ..is there any immigration rule which forbids them to keep backlog more than 10 years and they will have to explain..and which will also have legal implication on uscis...so in order to avoid all these hassles USCIS/DOS will move the dates for EB3 ..so as to keep it under 10 years...which means dates will move for EB3..

sap

SAP : Your post is .............. AMUSING

No, I dont mean to make fun of you, but it is an honest evaluation. Dont take it personally.