PDA

View Full Version : Send our concerns to India...

RNGC
02-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Friends,
I just joined this portal and I am very impressed...., wish I had joined earlier....

If we can quickly put together some PPT presentations and our problems in immigration, we should rush it to President and PMO office in India and make a request to hand it over to Mr.Bush when he is visiting India....., It may be too late but we can give a shot.

What you think ?

wellwishergc
02-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I think there is a new office that has been started to address the plight of the NRIs.. I am not sure if the office is under the 'External affairs ministry'. I think, it will make more sense to send it to this new office.

Friends,
I just joined this portal and I am very impressed...., wish I had joined earlier....

If we can quickly put together some PPT presentations and our problems in immigration, we should rush it to President and PMO office in India and make a request to hand it over to Mr.Bush when he is visiting India....., It may be too late but we can give a shot.

What you think ?

sertasheep
02-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Folks,

why not get Jagadish Tytler involved? He's the man to go to.

See this link : http://www.jagdishtytler.com/pheld.htm

He has his contact info on his website as well.

Address (Resi): 9, Thyagaraj Marg, New Delhi
Phone No. : 23015056 (Residence) 23018596, 23012219, 23013386 (Office)

Mobile No. : 9811044164

Email address : writeme@jagdishtytler.com

sertasheep
02-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I have sent the following email to Mr. Tytler.

Although I am not sure how Mr. Tytler would react, I thought, it doesn't hurt to try.

Unfortunately, I do not know any one in the political circles in India. May be members hailing from the New Delhi area could help garner support.

Dear Mr. Jagadish Tytler,

I am writing to you from the Seattle area in Washington state of the United States, on behalf of the NRI community in the USA. In December 2005, a group of professionals comprising of software engineers, physicians and the like have started a forum called Immigration Voice that strives for improvements in the outdated and restrictive US Immigration laws that is impacting the NRI community.

Sir, You are very well aware of the contribution in terms of the foreign exchange and investments NRIs bring about in India. I am writing this email to you to make you aware of the efforts of this group, numbering over 1000 members, which is working with Senators and Representatives of the United States.

The website is located at http://www.immigrationvoice.org

The group has solicited contributions from members, and has currently signed up Quinn Gillespie and Associates, a public affairs firm which will lobby our interests with the Senators and Representatives.

We would like to invite you to participate in our efforts, and help us in bringing about greater awareness at a political leadership level.

Thanking you,

MerciesOfInjustices
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Folks,

why not get Jagadish Tytler involved? He's the man to go to.

See this link : http://www.jagdishtytler.com/pheld.htm

He has his contact info on his website as well.

Address (Resi): 9, Thyagaraj Marg, New Delhi
Phone No. : 23015056 (Residence) 23018596, 23012219, 23013386 (Office)

Mobile No. : 9811044164

Email address : writeme@jagdishtytler.com
Guys, didn't he quit after he was indicted in the 1984 riots? I am not really absolutely certain but I think somebody else is running the NRI ministry!

MerciesOfInjustices
02-26-2006, 04:46 PM
I have sent the following email to Mr. Tytler.

Although I am not sure how Mr. Tytler would react, I thought, it doesn't hurt to try.

Unfortunately, I do not know any one in the political circles in India. May be members hailing from the New Delhi area could help garner support.

Dear Mr. Jagadish Tytler,

I am writing to you from the Seattle area in Washington state of the United States, on behalf of the NRI community in the USA. In December 2005, a group of professionals comprising of software engineers, physicians and the like have started a forum called Immigration Voice that strives for improvements in the outdated and restrictive US Immigration laws that is impacting the NRI community.

Sir, You are very well aware of the contribution in terms of the foreign exchange and investments NRIs bring about in India. I am writing this email to you to make you aware of the efforts of this group, numbering over 1000 members, which is working with Senators and Representatives of the United States.

The website is located at http://www.immigrationvoice.org

The group has solicited contributions from members, and has currently signed up Quinn Gillespie and Associates, a public affairs firm which will lobby our interests with the Senators and Representatives.

We would like to invite you to participate in our efforts, and help us in bringing about greater awareness at a political leadership level.

Thanking you,
Shri Vayalar Ravi is listed as the Minister for Overseas Affairs at the PMO website! His email address is listed as: vayalar@sansad.nic.in

ragz4u
02-26-2006, 04:56 PM
http://moia.gov.in/showinfo1.asp?linkid=141

Shri Vayalar Ravi
POSITION
Minister
PHONE
91-11-24676839 / 24676837
E-MAIL ID
minister@moia.nic.in

Shri R K Singh [Overseas Employment Services Division]
POSITION
Protector General of Emigrants
PHONE
+91-11-24197972 / 26874250
E-MAIL ID
pge@moia.nic.in

Shri M. C. Arora [Overseas Employment Services]
POSITION
Deputy Secretary
PHONE
+91-11-26874241 / 24197967
E-MAIL ID
dsemigration@moia.nic.in

sertasheep
02-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Mercies and Ragz,

Thanks for the correction. I've sent a similar mail to Vayalar Ravi. I'll update you all if I hear anything.

EndRetro
02-26-2006, 05:30 PM
http://moia.gov.in/showinfo1.asp?linkid=141

Shri Vayalar Ravi
POSITION
Minister
PHONE
91-11-24676839 / 24676837
E-MAIL ID
minister@moia.nic.in

Shri R K Singh [Overseas Employment Services Division]
POSITION
Protector General of Emigrants
PHONE
+91-11-24197972 / 26874250
E-MAIL ID
pge@moia.nic.in

Shri M. C. Arora [Overseas Employment Services]
POSITION
Deputy Secretary
PHONE
+91-11-26874241 / 24197967
E-MAIL ID
dsemigration@moia.nic.in

I would definetely be able to help in getting in touch with Ravi. My dad used to work as Information Officer in the NRI ministry.

I will keep the group updated.

Also to be really frank I don't see any help from Indian politians, but let's give it a try.

sertasheep
02-26-2006, 05:40 PM
EndRetro,

If anyone from this group is visiting India in the near future, it might be helpful if you can arrange an audience with Ravi.....and make him aware of the concerns/issues..

What does the IV admin group have to say about this!?

EndRetro
02-26-2006, 06:03 PM
EndRetro,

If anyone from this group is visiting India in the near future, it might be helpful if you can arrange an audience with Ravi.....and make him aware of the concerns/issues..

What does the IV admin group have to say about this!?

Sure, Let me know if anyone would be going...I will try my level best.

MerciesOfInjustices
02-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I would definetely be able to help in getting in touch with Ravi. My dad used to work as Information Officer in the NRI ministry.

I will keep the group updated.

Also to be really frank I don't see any help from Indian politians, but let's give it a try.
They will not care for us at all! But, there is an outside chance that one of the retrogressed is related to one of them or somebody knows a politician... and our e-mail also reaches them at the perfect time! And, one of the concerned politician/minister happens to meet one-on-one with Karl Rove, or any such powerful figure in the Bush Team! And, they bring it up with the Bush Team, who assure them they will make Retrogression disappear!!!

;) Hey, if we were so lucky - one of us might have won $365 mil Powerball, and donated $200K or more to IV outright! I would have, I know that for sure!

But, we have to keep trying every which way! Everything to gain- nothing ventured, nothing gained! Please, do not misunderstand me - I am not making light of somebody's ideas! Great things happen only if we keep trying!!!

jungalee43
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I think if Indian external affairs ministry understands that highly skilled Indian born citizens have to wait for 16 to 50 years where as even less skilled candidate gets away with green card in 6 months just because he was NOT born in India; they would at least protest in soft words.

sundar99
02-27-2006, 02:35 AM
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20060306&fname=Mittal&sid=2

Check this out ! ! !

sundar99
02-27-2006, 02:36 AM
As an Indian minister, I will speak up for fair treatment of Indians anywhere. - Kamal Nath - Union Commerce Minister, India.
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20060306&fname=Mittal&sid=2

They will not care for us at all! But, there is an outside chance that one of the retrogressed is related to one of them or somebody knows a politician... and our e-mail also reaches them at the perfect time! And, one of the concerned politician/minister happens to meet one-on-one with Karl Rove, or any such powerful figure in the Bush Team! And, they bring it up with the Bush Team, who assure them they will make Retrogression disappear!!!

;) Hey, if we were so lucky - one of us might have won $365 mil Powerball, and donated $200K or more to IV outright! I would have, I know that for sure!

But, we have to keep trying every which way! Everything to gain- nothing ventured, nothing gained! Please, do not misunderstand me - I am not making light of somebody's ideas! Great things happen only if we keep trying!!!

iptel
02-27-2006, 03:03 AM
I think lets not get diverted. We have to display prudence in our action

We have 2 question infront of us.

Q1) What we want?
A: We all know that..

Q2) How we can achive this.
A:By convicing lawmaker.

Lets get this things clear

US prsident DO NOT make any law he pass the law or vetos the law.
Economic report 2006 says that US Presidents understand our plight. So if the law passes in HR and Senate I dont see any reason why this will not be signed into law.
Involving Indian authority will may jepordise our cause.
Why?
Permanant Residentship is Privilage NOT Right
America is a soverign nation and many in Congress or Senate specially the Republicans may not like the influence of foreign Government in law making descision. Senators or HR who may sympathise our cause may turn away after India try to put her influence.

We are playing very DANGEROUS game here.
Involve India only if your rights are violated not if your privilage is stuck. I hate to use these words but looks like we are acting as kids rather than adults.

We are not dealing with any trivial issue we are dealing with Government of a country where we are known as "Aliens".

GreeNever
02-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Good point, Iptel. Afterall, the atmosphere/mood during President Bush's is "tight on negotiations" one.

Simple, this way..what is the take of the office of Quinn Gillespie on this issue? They are our counsel.

BTW, good to see there is some thought spent in this direction, even if the thought seemingly died down earlier (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134).

catch22
02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Are you guys nuts?

Which country in the world would lobby another country to take in its citizens? Why would India lobby America to give permanent residence to its highly skilled Indian citizens? So that America can benefit? This would be tantamount to treason.

You are not talking about H1B here. This is concerning Permanent Residence for eventual American citizenship. Think reasonably guys!

rbms
02-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I agree 100%. Only thing that we should be asking is our SSN money back when people in temporary visa leave US.

Are you guys nuts?

Which country in the world would lobby another country to take in its citizens? Why would India lobby America to give permanent residence to its highly skilled Indian citizens? So that America can benefit? This would be tantamount to treason.

You are not talking about H1B here. This is concerning Permanent Residence for eventual American citizenship. Think reasonably guys!

GreeNever
02-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Catch22 - Seems like u hv touched the surface now.

It's more deep-rooted, even to an extent that the two Countries are sharing the "acquired" Citizens (thanks to the dual Citizenship format). It didn't amount to the Indian Govt saying " Give me back my elite. I just lost it" and the US Govt saying "Sorry, it's our gain and for keeps". It's all part of an elaborate and acknowledged process (creamy situation for the individual) .

US needs the Skilled force and matches them up with opportunities (some other countries have the force in abundance and are overwhelmed). At no point in time should the force be subjected to undue hardship, especially if a process can be remedied. Immigrating is tough. Alongside, a host of collaterals get pledged by - families, roots, skills, labor, career, merit, all towards one goal. It's a conscious decision that an individual involved makes and backs it up with his credentials. If these credentials are deemed meritorious, the process starts (in a mutually acceptable manner, if there exists a provision). If rules get changed midway affecting those collaterals, you raise it with the concerned. In this situation, I give this much to the Indian Government - it's for its people (doesn't mean to say that it lies in wait to net a wings-clipped bird). It would honour your decision and look into your cause, if justifiable. In the same vein, the US Government acknowledges merit and talent and has laid out provisions by which it welcomes the same. Hence, the process.

Word of caution: It's also in the way that you put across your viewpoint

mrajatish
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
http://ia.rediff.com/money/2006/feb/27bpo.htm?q=bp&file=.htm

catch22
02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Catch22 - Seems like u hv touched the surface now.

It's more deep-rooted, even to an extent that the two Countries are sharing the "acquired" Citizens (thanks to the dual Citizenship format). It didn't amount to the Indian Govt saying " Give me back my elite. I just lost it" and the US Govt saying "Sorry, it's our gain and for keeps". It's all part of an elaborate and acknowledged process (creamy situation for the individual) .

US needs the Skilled force and matches them up with opportunities (some other countries have the force in abundance and are overwhelmed). At no point in time should the force be subjected to undue hardship, especially if a process can be remedied. Immigrating is tough. Alongside, a host of collaterals get pledged by - families, roots, skills, labor, career, merit, all towards one goal. It's a conscious decision that an individual involved makes and backs it up with his credentials. If these credentials are deemed meritorious, the process starts (in a mutually acceptable manner, if there exists a provision). If rules get changed midway affecting those collaterals, you raise it with the concerned. In this situation, I give this much to the Indian Government - it's for its people (doesn't mean to say that it lies in wait to net a wings-clipped bird). It would honour your decision and look into your cause, if justifiable. In the same vein, the US Government acknowledges merit and talent and has laid out provisions by which it welcomes the same. Hence, the process.

Word of caution: It's also in the way that you put across your viewpoint

I am not sure what makes you feel that India is overwhelmed with talent that they have to request America to take in some of these folks. India is not a war-torn country that America has to take in Indian refugees.

BTW, America does not recognise "Dual citizenship" or acquired citizenship or whatever. To your point, even if India and America were moving towards closer co-operation, the Indian Government can only ask America for increased "temporary" visas (H1B) for free movement of 'Services', per WTO. Certainly NOT lobby for Permanent Resident Status for its citizens in a foreign country. Sorry, my friend, your rationale is too utopian for me. I, unfortunately, live in the real world.

P.S: My previous post was more rhetorical. I did not mean to hurt or harm anyone.