PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer for Cross Chargeability

anurag
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
All,

I am the primary applicant for my GC process, however my wife was born in a different country, other than India. I have read quite a few articles about Cross Chargeability and realized that it is feasible in my case, even though my wife's citizenship is Indian.

My lawyer is not aware of cross chargeability.

I am looking for lawyers who have used Cross Chargeability with ease. I did talk to a lawyer from Murthy and he mentioned that it is a plain vanilla case for them. I am looking for other lawyers (besides Murthy), to check them out, before I sign up with one of them.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regards,
Anurag

jsb
02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
All,

I am the primary applicant for my GC process, however my wife was born in a different country, other than India. I have read quite a few articles about Cross Chargeability and realized that it is feasible in my case, even though my wife's citizenship is Indian.

I am looking for lawyers who have used Cross Chargeability with ease. I did talk to a lawyer from Murthy and he mentioned that it is a plain vanilla case for them. I am looking for other lawyers (besides Murthy), to check them out, before I sign up with one of them.

Regards,
Anurag

Law clearly states that if birth country of spouse is favourable to the applicant, that will be applied for chargeability. I am aware of many cases where it happened without any special action. It is strange that your lawyer does not even know about it.

Has someone told you that this will not happen? If your PD is current, and your case is waiting contact USCIS via infopass or otherwise. No need of any lawyers.

pa_arora
02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
All,

Regards,
Anurag
Anurag, apart from searching for a lawyer, call up USCIS talk to an IO directly abut the cross chargeability and ur case; all a lawyer will do is write a letter but you should call USCIS and talk to them.

On a lighter note - u should do it fast for everyone's benefit, 2 less people from EB3 India queue..good luck, hope u get greened fast. ;-)