eeezzz
02-20-2009, 04:04 PM
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Posted: February 20, 2009

Nebraska 4 months
texas July 18, 2007

vin13
02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Wow! This is huge. Nebraska seems to be caught up on 485 processing. Hopefully now they will issue GC based on priority date.

anilsal
02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Does the 4months 485 processing imply the current:
a) transfer of service centres
b) FP notices
c) RFE notices

Just wondering.

anilsal
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Nebraska was approving I-140 in 1-2 months.

Depends on where the staff move around there, maybe. :)

va_dude
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
How is it that TSC times for 485 processing is July 2007, which that for CSC is Aug 2008.

That's a difference of more than an year. Is this how it always was? I thought they were pretty much neck and neck.

-va_dude

malibuguy007
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
What does 4 months for I-485 imply?

svr_76
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
This is result of having to report "efficiency" to the new DHS sec. She had asked all agency to submit back a report by Feb-20-2009.

Looks like they want to show they ahve "processed" applications. I.e. Initiated FP notice, NameCheck etc... Now most cases might have to wait dues to unavailability of visa numbers for India/China.. but anyways...on paper they seem to show that they are working on aplpications....

Here's the Sec. initial announcement ..
http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1233353528835.shtm

div_bell_2003
02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Does the "4 months" mean that NSC is processing cases submitted on or before Nov,08 ????:eek: man , if that is true, either there is something fishy going on or they have really pulled up their socks !

svr_76
02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Theorotically it means that if your application was submitted before Nov 2008, then they should have acted on it implying Initiating FingerPrinting, NameCheck, Security clearance, issued a receipt notice to you... AND IF DATE WERE CURRENT PER YOUR COUNTY OF CHARGEBILITY ISSUED YOU A VISA NUMBER !

div_bell_2003
02-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Hmmm , let's hope they don't push their processing dates back to the stone age when visa bulletin dates start to move forward. :D , wasn't there some kind of a new guidelines released middle of last year regarding USCIS should not wait till the name check is cleared (if the application is pending for more than 6 months) to issue someone a GC once their dates are current ?

eeezzz
02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Nebraska will be flooded with SRs.
Anyone whose PD is current with I485 filed more than 4 months can do SR.

nanban007
02-20-2009, 05:12 PM
I feel the NSC 485 processing time could a copy & paste mistake from I-140. :)

WeldonSprings
02-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I think the NSC processing time showing 4 months is for I-485 only for Non-retrogressed countries.

For retrogressed countries such as India; they have not processed the application.
Only when PD is current; does NSC processes applications.

svr_76
02-20-2009, 05:57 PM
NSC does "processes" the application when its filed..and that is the reason why applicant get FP, Receipt Notice and other stuff (Also NameCheck is initiated). The only part that cannot be done is the assigning of Visa Number, for which the priority date of that application needs to be current based on the country of chargebility.

Keeme
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
NSC does "processes" the application when its filed..and that is the reason why applicant get FP, Receipt Notice and other stuff (Also NameCheck is initiated). The only part that cannot be done is the assigning of Visa Number, for which the priority date of that application needs to be current based on the country of chargebility.

No use till your PD is "C".

Bad news - More visas will used for EB1 - EB2 ROW leaving fewer spill over visas for EB2 I/C and EB3 I/C.

Immi_Chant
02-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Can you please tell what is SR?

eeezzz
02-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Can you please tell what is SR?
Service Request

bostonian28
02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Not sure what these guys are doing (TSC), totally frustrating with such old priority dates and also being current and no progress and the visas may be become U and you are stuck again.

Totally sucks! Why cannot they be more transparent i.e. tell us where they are in the entire process?

nik.patelc
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Whats USCIS number to confirm NSC processing date? I jsut wanted to know and confirm NSC I485 processing date is accurate including india cases.

nik.patelc
02-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Can IV confirm with USCIS about NSC I485 processing date? Does it mean it includes india cases too?

gc_buddy
02-22-2009, 04:38 AM
It may actually be a good news. I think it means that USCIS does not have enough approvable cases whose PD is current (ROW).

In the recession times like the current ones, I don't think USCIS will get enough EB1 and EB2 row cases for adjucation..And if these unused visas are spilled over to India and China, they could move significantly forward. This is just my thought though...

No use till your PD is "C".

Bad news - More visas will used for EB1 - EB2 ROW leaving fewer spill over visas for EB2 I/C and EB3 I/C.

seeking_GC
02-22-2009, 05:41 AM
How is it that TSC times for 485 processing is July 2007, which that for CSC is Aug 2008.

That's a difference of more than an year. Is this how it always was? I thought they were pretty much neck and neck.

-va_dude
As per the last processing dates CSC was actually at July 2006- hard to believe they jumped 2 years in a couple of months. Having said that I am still not very sure if any 485 cases are handled in CSC. My case was recently transferred to CSC so I am keeping my fingers crossed..

jsb
02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
It may actually be a good news. I think it means that USCIS does not have enough approvable cases whose PD is current (ROW).

In the recession times like the current ones, I don't think USCIS will get enough EB1 and EB2 row cases for adjucation..And if these unused visas are spilled over to India and China, they could move significantly forward. This is just my thought though...

Published dates do not tell if at least one case with published date as RD has been published, or no case is pending (unless there are other reasons holding up) with RD prior to published dates. There are no separate dates for India or China.

Service Centers claim that they process cases in order they (physically) receive (and enter) them. Possibly they take files in this order, if PD is current and all docs are good, GC is given. If there is some hold up, or PD is not current, it is put aside, or put back.

Cases are not processed in PD order. Further, if any case is moved around between centers, perhaps priority for handling that case goes lower, as they may put it at the bottom.

gc_nebraska
02-23-2009, 05:59 PM
EB-485 processing times in NSC is FOUR (4) Months for the visa number available cases, and also pending EB-485 cases whose visa numbers are current and ready to adjudicate . So does this mean that cases with PD's not current but ready to adjudicate will get their I-485 approved by 6 months . Can some one please break it down for me .
Thanks in advance

gc_wow
02-23-2009, 06:19 PM
I have mailed my 485 on july 16th and NSC recieved it on july 17th.My question is looking at the TSC processing times which says July 18th,is my application already preadjusted,485notice date is september 15th.Can anybody tell me how the processing date really works.

masouds
02-23-2009, 07:33 PM
USCIS has updated the NSC dates now. They are mentioning 4 month wait for 485 processing.
What does that mean to July 2007 filers? 'Wait till your PD is current then wait 4 months more'?

dhesha
02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
USCIS has updated the NSC dates now. They are mentioning 4 month wait for 485 processing.
What does that mean to July 2007 filers? 'Wait till your PD is current then wait 4 months more'?

I called the IO and she said that this is a mistake that occurred last Friday because of their system failure. It will be fixed soon. So no need to be excited.

masouds
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Classic!

gc_wow
02-23-2009, 07:38 PM

It looks like you have the same question I have,my 485 recieved date is July 17th 2007 at NSC but I have got a TSC Reciept number.With TSC processing time being July 18th is my case already pre adjugated or what does it mean?

bhatt
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Please be mindful of what you are writing.
Always remember USCIS rep may join our community to know you and me better. More importantly, even if you get your GC/Citizenship , decency calls for it.
Now I know why the proecssing time and wastage of visa number is happening , because USCIS rep joining in this form and watching it instead of working on cases.:D.

jsb
02-24-2009, 03:34 PM
It looks like you have the same question I have,my 485 recieved date is July 17th 2007 at NSC but I have got a TSC Reciept number.With TSC processing time being July 18th is my case already pre adjugated or what does it mean?
Processing Dates as published are only approx dates where they currently are. It is just to minimize qureries. July 18th 2007 might mean that they have just picked a case to look at with this date on it. It may be RD as on your receipt, but most likely it is the date they actually entered the case in their system, the date you see online as "...your case was received on...".

By any means, it is very unlikely that July 18th 2007 means, that all cases dated prior to this date are approved (unless their is a holdup). Note that one of the holdup for some country quota cases is that PD is not current.

bfadlia
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
NSC I485 employment based is now at 15 August 2007
So long for the four months dream

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processT...=serviceCenter

chi_shark
02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
NSC I485 employment based is now at 15 August 2007
So long for the four months dream

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processT...=serviceCenter

but thats still a huge jump! it looks they are moving fast!!! doesnt it?

nik.patelc
02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Gurus, Can anyone clarify when USCIS publishes Processing date , is that RD or ND?

bfadlia
02-25-2009, 05:33 PM
but thats still a huge jump! it looks they are moving fast!!! doesnt it?

Not sure, last year the date moved as far as August 10 then moved back..
It will be good if they don't move back again.

jsb
02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Gurus, Can anyone clarify when USCIS publishes Processing date , is that RD or ND?

Published processing dates are only approx dates where they currently are. A published date may mean that they have just picked a case with that date on it. It may be RD as on your receipt, but most likely it is the date they actually entered the case in their system, the date you see online as "...your case was received on...". There is no clear information on it, but experience shows that it is what you see online as "...your case was received on...".

By any means, it is very unlikely that a published date means, that all cases dated prior to this date are approved (unless there is a holdup, one of them, for some countries, is that PD is not current).

abhatti
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
on Feb 5, 09 I spoke to two different IOs (once for me and then for my wife), they clearly said that the published dates are the "Recieved Date" and not the "Notice Date". I could not believe what I was hearing so I specificly asked them like 4 -5 times and they said it is the date which is mentioned on the top left corner saying "Recieved date".
FYI:My recieved date is 7/2/07 but notice date is 10/3/07. My online status says "on oct 3, 2007 We recieved this application .....". So I asked them specificly, that my online status says such and such, they said it is an error while entring dates in online system. USCIS always pick up applications by looking at the "Recieved date" mentioned in the upper left corner of your reciept.
My understanding before these calls were same as you guys, that they will consider the system entry date as the actual one. Now I am once again not clear. :confused:

jsb
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
on Feb 5, 09 I spoke to two different IOs (once for me and then for my wife), they clearly said that the published dates are the "Recieved Date" and not the "Notice Date". I could not believe what I was hearing so I specificly asked them like 4 -5 times and they said it is the date which is mentioned on the top left corner saying "Recieved date".
FYI:My recieved date is 7/2/07 but notice date is 10/3/07. My online status says "on oct 3, 2007 We recieved this application .....". So I asked them specificly, that my online status says such and such, they said it is an error while entring dates in online system. USCIS always pick up applications by looking at the "Recieved date" mentioned in the upper left corner of your reciept.
My understanding before these calls were same as you guys, that they will consider the system entry date as the actual one. Now I am once again not clear. :confused:

May be the IO did not know that due to flood of applications in Jul07, and shuffle of cases from center to center for months, RD printed on receipt and "...your case was received on..." had a gap of months, as in your (and others, inlcluding mine) case, and he/she just made up an answer for you, believing, as you mentioned, big difference in dates is an error.

Service centers claim that they process cases in order they receive them. That may be just the reason the IO confirmed that, believing RD on your receipt is the receive date. The very fact that IO told you that big difference between the two dates is an error, only confirms that he/she did not know the reasons of this difference.

Unless they have changed their process, it is hard to believe that they pullout cases and check printed RD on each case. I would expect them to stack files as they are physically received/entered, and then work on them in the same order, confirming what you see as "...your case was recieved on...", as the practical receive date.

abhatti
02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
May be the IO did not know that due to flood of applications in Jul07, and shuffle of cases from center to center for months, RD printed on receipt and "...your case was received on..." had a gap of months, as in your (and others, inlcluding mine) case, and he/she just made up an answer for you, believing, as you mentioned, big difference in dates is an error.

Service centers claim that they process cases in order they receive them. That may be just the reason the IO confirmed that, believing RD on your receipt is the receive date. The very fact that IO told you that big difference between the two dates is an error, only confirms that he/she did not know the reasons of this difference.

Unless they have changed their process, it is hard to believe that they pullout cases and check printed RD on each case. I would expect them to stack files as they are physically received/entered, and then work on them in the same order, confirming what you see as "...your case was recieved on...", as the practical receive date.

Thanks for explaination, This is exactly what I understood before I spoke the IOs.
Afew points to clear up here,
1). I spoke to two different IOs and both gave the me the same answer. I do understand that USCIS will never pull applications physically just to check dates. But I wrote here what they told me.
2). They (both of them) never indicated or said any thing about the big time difference in the two dates.

Whatever you said makes sense. Here is the rest of the story.
I agree with you, that Those IOs perhaps were not upto date/aware of the USCIS practise they are just there to satisfy whomever calls. Evidence is, that I opened two SRs that day for my case only, one for not recieving biometrics appointment letter (I never recieved it since) the 2nd one for checking the status on my Application. To my surprise that IO generated two response letters the same very day one for each SR, with two different RD mentioned on them, one letter with 7/2/09 and other letter bearing 10/3/09.:mad:

jsb
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
.... To my surprise that IO generated two response letters the same very day one for each SR, with two different RD mentioned on them, one letter with 7/2/09 and other letter bearing 10/3/09.:mad:
I had a discussion with the Ombudsman's office several months ago on this subject. They agreed that there is no clear understanding of this. They appreciated such details and inputs needed to pinpoint areas of USCIS work review.

Under normal circumstances, delivery date (stamped by mail center as 'Date received') and when cases are entered in the system should be very close. Systems are designed on that assumption. For July07 cases, USCIS agreed to treat delivery date (2July07 in your case) as the offcial Receive Date (for AC21 and other legal purposes), and thus put it on receipts. However, USCIS internal systems do not work on that basis. Date data is entered in the system is seen online as "...your case was received on...".

I believe, no matter what IO's say, real sequence of working is order in which files are physically opened and looked at (which is close to ND and what you see online), because that's how they may be receiving and placing them. Any other sequence is extra work, which is hard to manage with physical paper files, which are needed to process GC cases.

Since there is no clear definition of RD (and is not needed for normal workflow), different people find them from different places. When IO's provide these dates for publication, they might just choose either, RD as stamped on your receipt, which may be buried somewhere in your file, or the Real receive date by the IO/clerk who opened it first and entered in the system.

abhatti
02-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I had a discussion with the Ombudsman's office several months ago on this subject. They agreed that there is no clear understanding of this. They appreciated such details and inputs needed to pinpoint areas of USCIS work review.

What is the procedure to report it to Ombudsman's Office?
How did you reached them?

jsb
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
What is the procedure to report it to Ombudsman's Office?
How did you reached them?

You can email them at CISOmbudsman.Publicaffairs@dhs.gov. If you write your specifics, then they direct you fill 7001 form. But if you provide detailed information which helps them understand systematic problems at USCIS, they handle it approrpriately, but they still ask you to file 7001 form for authorizing them to use your private information.

However, they use such information for their recommendations and reports only, which do not, and can not, have any immediate impact on your specific case. It did nothing in my case, when I approarched them.