PDA

View Full Version : Intent to Immigrate?

PHANI_TAVVALA
02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a general question about intent to immigrate. When will the applicant considered to have applied for a green card? Is it as soon as one applies for labor certification? or when I-140 is filed?

If I apply for my labor certification and leave the country will I have to answer Yes for the question "Did you or anyone on your behalf apply for permanent residency", if I apply for a US visa in the future?

a_yaja
02-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a general question about intent to immigrate. When will the applicant considered to have applied for a green card? Is it as soon as one applies for labor certification? or when I-140 is filed?

If I apply for my labor certification and leave the country will I have to answer Yes for the question "Did you or anyone on your behalf apply for permanent residency", if I apply for a US visa in the future?

Filing for I-140 is considered as intent to immigrate. LC is test for availability of US candidates for the position in question.

As far as visa is concerned, if you apply for a dual intent visa (H, L, O, may be others as well), you should not have any problem if you have applied for I-140 or I-485.

This is my opinion - get confirmation from a lawyer.