PDA

View Full Version : feedback requested for starting a business

ras
03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
A friend of mine has asked me to join in starting an IT training business in a densely populated Indian business area (California). The thought process is that there may be many people who have been laid off and may be wanting to learn new technologies. There are no gotchas of luring students for H1/GC etc. The primary reason is that we are experts in Microsoft technologies and we just want to impart training in this domain. However, in these hard economic times few friends have asked us to rethink about this proposition. There are 1 or 2 training institutes around, but we feel we have edge over others in few ways. And we are not eying for a big market share.

Further to it, we want to launch other products once the training is established.we were just looking for a platform. We feel the training will give us that platform.

Unlike other training organizations who propose free training and then H1/GC etc, we just intend to impart training and that's it no strings attached.

Plain simple if you could give a honest opinion on this business proposition that would be great. Proposing this topic to analyze argue and know the others perspective.

This is just to solicit feedback and analyze a startup option and please do not jump guns on saying that this is going to be a bodyshopping company then will recruit H1 etc.

ajay
03-01-2009, 11:46 AM
What I feel is nothing wrong with this idea. Since the job market is sluggish people may be skeptical about the prospect of getting a job in this market but if you are providing some technologies that they can learn in less time and get some promising jobs they will definitely come and join. One should make sure that the candidates should be given consultation/help in getting jobs also. Here probably start with some familiar courses for less fee/no fee in the beginning and try to get some referrals and slowly try to establish it.

Good luck in your venture.

Bpositive
03-01-2009, 11:52 AM
try to get feedback from potential employers (corporations) on content and also look beyond indian population as you think about your value proposition...best of luck!

ras
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
^^