PDA

View Full Version : Chances of New PERM approval ?

ivar
03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Dear Friends,

I am in my 5th year H1b, my past efforts for GC have messed up. Now i am waiting for PERM withdrawal since Jan 09 to file a NEW PERM. Even if i am able to file a new PERM application by this month or next, what are the chances of getting it approved looking at the current scenario of economy and job market? :confused:

Thanks,
R.

TomTancredo
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Looks like there is a huge backlog of perm applications. I am not sure if they will look at your application anytime soon. If your application is pending more than a year at least you could apply for extension of H1.

It will be delusional on our part to think that perm applications will have an easy approvals.

ivar
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Looks like there is a huge backlog of perm applications. I am not sure if they will look at your application anytime soon. If your application is pending more than a year at least you could apply for extension of H1.

It will be delusional on our part to think that perm applications will have an easy approvals.

Stuggling to get a PERM approval since JUN 07. For a moment if i just forget about this PERM, What are the chances that my H1b Extension will be approved without any problem? My situation is I have completed 5 years and 4 months on H1b. My visa expires Mar 2010 and my 6 yrs term expires in NOV 2010, out of USA stay of only one month. I switched only one employer after coming to US. With the new employer since Mar 07. Will there be any problem with H1b Extension till OCT 2010

Thanks,
R.