PDA

View Full Version : January 2007 Visa Bulletin Predictions

thirupathim
11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Any idea?

chanduv23
11-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Ha ha, predictions started again :D :D

We can seek Ajmeri Baba or Pandit Maharaj for predictions

pappu
11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Any idea?
Pls sign up for state chapters so that we no longer have to do any more visa bulletin predictions. Each visa bulletin comes with a frustrating news for us. We need people to help work on state chapters and help IV. Your Kansas state IV chapter needs you. Only one person has signed up there.

GCard_Dream
11-29-2006, 02:15 PM
If the amount of time we spend in visa bulletin predictions were spent on stock market prediction, we would all probably be millionaire by now and wouldn't have to worry about GC. Just a thought.

masti_Gai
11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
everything will be current in the next decade
plz don't even bother to check the VISA bulletin till then:rolleyes:

eb3_nepa
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Moderators how about closing this thread?

This is going nowhere either.......

eb3_nepa
11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I am merely asking for consistency. If this thread can be allowed then why not other "stress-relief" threads?

perm2gc
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Although I have never personally participated in any of the prediction bulletins that timely pop out every month, closing this thread would be a mere act of draconian censorship. In spite of all the frustration that certainly afflict all of us, I don't find these prediction offensive or a waste of time, to the contrary, they are for some a moment of relief to alleviate the anger. Still talking from my personal standpoint, I often studied the trend of the past bulletins to see if there was a behavioral pattern that would give me a hint of what may or may not influence progress or stagnation in the upcoming months. And please don’t tell me that you haven’t done the same at least once in the past.
Not everyone here is so heavily affected by retrogression, so why not let the ones that are closer to the end of the tunnel (or anybody else, for that matter) have a moment of leisure and ease up the tension a bit? As silly as it may look for some, it could cheer up others. Those who are posting angry comments about these predictions are free not to participate or even better not enter those threads. So where is the problem? Please help me understand.

Welcome to immigrationvoice.you might have read about post where "pappu" has replied about the predictions.Moreover you please go thru all the past threads about predictions and check what was acheived.if you want the thread only to study for behavioral pattern then i suggest you to follow the USCIS website which can help you a lot than the thread.The immigration voice has members who are heavily effected,little effected,not effected but everyone is working for a common goal.The goal is not an easy one and everyone has to participate a lot to acheive it.Analyzation will not help us in acheiving the goal,so why not we try take steps that helps to acheive our goal.So can you please take steps that can help us to acheive our goal..

eb3_nepa
11-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Moreover if 6000 people make predictions someone is bound to be right. Even if that person makes a correct prediction, what difference does it make?

satishku_2000
11-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey thirupathim,

Whats your PD and category . My PD is 2004 and EB3, I dont even want to think about it now . I guess there are 175k more labor applications in backlog centers, untill all the applications in backlog center are cleared we can not predict the dates . The dates may even move back considerably..
:) I put a smiley because I dont want to be upset. This is one of the things we as a community can do something . I have few friends in OHIO , CA and FL who are citizens and I can request them to contact their representative. Any information on how can I ask my friends to contact their reps/senators

logiclife
11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
The obnoxious, offensive, ridiculous posts and threads are becoming frequent and nastier.

I am not talking about this particular thread or any post on this thread.

I am talking in general.

Moderators are doing the thankless jobs of keeping these threads clean by moderating from their work computers during business hours risking their credibility at their jobs which earns their livelihoods and immigration itself.

So give a break to these moderators, including Pappu and others. I still vividly remember a day, when we had to explain ourselves and our finances to a miscreant just one day after IV successfully got its amendments into senate version of CIR. That day, moderators argued and tried to convince a rude participant for 6 hours straight. Obviously, no one can do that everday. Otherwise the only thing Core group would be doing is moderating the forums.

That is why, its neccesary to nip certain things in the bud. You call it censorship, I call it "Nipping it in the bud before it blooms into an uncontrollable forum flame war".

ALL PUBLIC FORUMS have CENSORSHIP of some kind or other. The few that dont become irrelevant because lack of moderation makes it a free-for-all , offensive slime machines.

IV core is soon going to set a policy of forum moderation that will apply to all including moderators, participants etc. Once IV core sets its policy, it will be very clearly posted on the home page and strictly followed. I dont know how much censorship will result from that. But once its decided, we will be consistent in moderation and censorship - if any.

logiclife
11-29-2006, 05:40 PM
We do state our balance sheet down to the last cent on the conf calls every one in a while. There is no reason to hide the finances. But the balance sheets cannot be prepared on-demand whenever someone posts a request on forums. We dont have a full-time CPA to do that for us. Its done by IV volunteers.

Also, its going to be a public record for anyone to see since this non-profit would file its taxes for 2006 next year.

perm2gc
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Fair enough. A "posting policy" is exactly what I looked for everywhere and did not find anything about bulletin predictions. Most forums have censorship, but also have an "off-topic" section for people to goof up a bit in a semi-serious spirit. When you started this project you should have known that inevitably you would have exposed yourselves to this type of risks, so why are you surprised? Personally I've been pondering for a while now if I wanted to have a more active role not just in the general forum but also in the state chapter. This kind of situations have the only effect of pushing me away from any type of involvement.

Good luck to everyone. Not mad, just practical.
Good Luck in your Predictions..

perm2gc
11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Thank you, same to you. I hope you'll find what you are looking for soon.
I didn't loose anything to find.. :)

logiclife
11-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Fair enough. A "posting policy" is exactly what I looked for everywhere and did not find anything about bulletin predictions. Most forums have censorship, but also have an "off-topic" section for people to goof up a bit in a semi-serious spirit. When you started this project you should have known that inevitably you would have exposed yourselves to this type of risks, so why are you surprised? Personally I've been pondering for a while now if I wanted to have a more active role not just in the general forum but also in the state chapter. This kind of situations have the only effect of pushing me away from any type of involvement.

Good luck to everyone. Not mad, just practical.

No one is surprised. With 6000+ people posting here, we cannot predict who will say what and how it will be offensive. Its a learning curve. Its something that cannot be learned without experience. Only after months of moderating, we know that prediction threads have taken turn into nasty wars between participants.

We will continue to learn and as time goes by, we would know what post/thread is likely to turn nasty and what's not. For example, who would have thought that there would be flame-wars between EB2 and EB3 guys...each trying to one-up the other. Could you have predicted that when this organization was born? I dont think so.

We learn as we go and we improve as we learn.

About your participation in state chapters that you were pondering: If you are thoroughly offended by censorship by Pappu (that was reversed after you complained ), then I am sorry to hear that. This thread was REOPENED after you complained. Yet you are still angry.

If you are expecting an apology from moderators/Pappu for trying to nip a problem in the bud, its not coming. If you are expecting IV core to beg for your participation, join state chapters, re-consider your decision, then its not coming. We will never beg.

We request everyone to participate in every which way they can. We will never beg anyone to participate, and we will never apologize for moderating thread/posts.

perm2gc
11-29-2006, 05:57 PM
No one is surprised. With 6000+ people posting here, we cannot predict who will say what and how it will be offensive. Its a learning curve. Its something that cannot be learned without experience. Only after months of moderating, we know that prediction threads have taken turn into nasty wars between participants.

We will continue to learn and as time goes by, we would know what post/thread is likely to turn nasty and what's not. For example, who would have thought that there would be flame-wars between EB2 and EB3 guys...each trying to one-up the other. Could you have predicted that when this organization was born? I dont think so.

We learn as we go and we improve as we learn.

About your participation in state chapters that you were pondering: If you are thoroughly offended by censorship by Pappu (that was reversed after you complained ), then I am sorry to hear that. This thread was REOPENED after you complained. Yet you are still angry.

If you are expecting an apology from moderators/Pappu for trying to nip a problem in the bud, its not coming. If you are expecting IV core to beg for your participation, join state chapters, re-consider your decision, then its not coming. We will never beg.

We request everyone to participate in every which way they can. We will never beg anyone to participate, and we will never apologize for moderating thread/posts.

Well Said.

GCard_Dream
11-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Had it not been for a good and timely moderation on that thread, it would have probably divided this small community in to 2 groups for good and there would have been a on going flame-war probably even today. We should learn our lesson from that and support any and all censorship necessary to keep the discussion on this site healthy and productive.

We all have our moments when we get carried away and that's when a good moderation is essential.

For example, who would have thought that there would be flame-wars between EB2 and EB3 guys...each trying to one-up the other. Could you have predicted that when this organization was born? I dont think so.

Jimi_Hendrix
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
bye now.

WillIBLucky
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
This a public site and non profit site. If anyone is interested to share their views should be welcome to share their view. There should not be sarcastic message or messages to offen someone. I have seen these messages a lot and even from senior members. Constructive argument would be lovely.

But I dont think we can clean that up. We always say "bye" if we dont like an answer or dont want the other person to continue writing or just telling "we would love if you keep writing and be a member but we won't BEG". I really dont believe anyone wants someone to beg to continue to be a member. I am not sure why we have to even say the word "BEG" always. Everybody here is with their interest and belief, they are members.

This message is not against anybody or in favor of anybody. Just my views. Please keep in mind that its a public site and any outsider(especially anit-immigrants who are looking to exploit us) can view these treads. We should be united and valid view points should be appreciated. I am also not sure we can control the messages sometime a member posts. There is ego in most of the members including me sometimes I agree. But we should try to control it for the betterment of IV and our problems.

Hope I made some sense else just ignore my message.

Lasantha
12-11-2006, 01:24 PM
EB2 ROW - Current
EB3 ROW - October 1st 2002

:cool:

studmvr
12-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Easy every one......... let's have the fun of prediciting........:)

Here is the past movement of EB2 visa numbers for India in the last one& half year.

Jul05-CURRENT
aUG05-CURRENT
sep05-CURRENT
oCT05-01nov99
nov05-01NOV99
DEC05-01JUL00
jAN06-01jAN01
fEB06-01AUG01
March06-01JAN02
April06-01Jul02
May06-01JAN03
Jun06-01JAN03
Jul06-01JAN03
Aug06-unavialable
Sep06-unavialable
Oct06-15JUN02
Nov06-01jan03
Dec06-08JAN03
jan07- 01April03(my guess...)

I have a feeling EB2 might only move few months before it hits limit of this year's quota. If we are lucky it may move to june '03 and retrogress
again.

Let me know what you guys predict.

For checking other archived dates here is the link
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Trishveen
12-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I predict that there are too many EB2 candidates and the PD for EB2 will only move a few more weeks like upto Feb15 or less. Sorry guys but I have some inside info. The EB2 quota for the current year is pretty much filled up.

NYC001
12-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Do you have some inside info regarding the Lotto ??

I will buy the ticket, and we go 50/50% on the prize.

How is that !!!!

rbanerjee
12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I predict that there are too many EB2 candidates and the PD for EB2 will only move a few more weeks like upto Feb15 or less. Sorry guys but I have some inside info. The EB2 quota for the current year is pretty much filled up.

the backlog centers are slowly clearing non RIR labor apps from as far back as 2001 upto early 2003. They will land in the queue ahead of the current cutoff dates and will limit its advance.

plus I believe that most of the eb2 RIR folk cleared by the backlog centers with pds from 2002 and 2003 have already eaten up some quota and slowed the march of eb2 cutoff dates beyond jan 2003.

rsayed
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Easy every one......... let's have the fun of prediciting........:)

Here is the past movement of EB2 visa numbers for India in the last one& half year.

Jul05-CURRENT
aUG05-CURRENT
sep05-CURRENT
oCT05-01nov99
nov05-01NOV99
DEC05-01JUL00
jAN06-01jAN01
fEB06-01AUG01
March06-01JAN02
April06-01Jul02
May06-01JAN03
Jun06-01JAN03
Jul06-01JAN03
Aug06-unavialable
Sep06-unavialable
Oct06-15JUN02
Nov06-01jan03
Dec06-08JAN03
jan07- 01April03(my guess...)

I have a feeling EB2 might only move few months before it hits limit of this year's quota. If we are lucky it may move to june '03 and retrogress
again.

Let me know what you guys predict.

For checking other archived dates here is the link
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

EB2 - Jan07 - June 2003

GotGC??
12-11-2006, 05:00 PM
EB1 - Jan07 - Current
EB2 - Jan07 - 18 Mar 2003
EB3 - Jan07 - 28 Apr 2001

Check this out!!

Gravitation
12-12-2006, 09:50 AM
EB1 - Jan07 - Current
EB2 - Jan07 - 18 Mar 2003
EB3 - Jan07 - 28 Apr 2001

Check this out!!

check what out?

masti_Gai
12-12-2006, 09:51 AM
:( :eek:

snhn
12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I live in Texas. Austin texas to be exact. I am available to volunteer my services here if needed. Please let me know how and when I can be helpful.

THanks!

pyrosleepy
12-12-2006, 12:05 PM
I live in Texas. Austin texas to be exact. I am available to volunteer my services here if needed. Please let me know how and when I can be helpful.

THanks!

Firstly, try to get your friends, colleagues, acquaintances to join this group. Secondly, start praying harder and more sincerely.

whattodo
12-12-2006, 12:11 PM

In priority date predictions, I never see anyone account for spill-over of unused EB2 from other countries. Does not unused visas from other countries come to India and China?

ArunAntonio
12-12-2006, 12:39 PM

THanks!

Snhn, Please Join your state chapter and participate in the activities of the state chapter, If there is no state chapter established yet, please take the initiative to get one started.

thanks

ssd213
12-12-2006, 12:55 PM
dont trust that anyone has inside info here, do u work for the ins

anilsal
12-12-2006, 01:30 PM
logiclife,pappu!

Can you guys increase the number of moderators for the forums?

IV is an important resource for people affected by GC retrogression. We need to maintain the forums' cleanliness because there may be lawmakers visiting our forums.

IV is the only grass-roots organization dedicated to skilled immigration.

What this means is that unclean, derogatory posts go down the drain.

asdfgh
12-12-2006, 01:40 PM
As expected.....

swarnapuri
12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
16 day movement for EB-3 (India)

following news on top of this snail paced movement :

EMPLOYMENT: Demand for numbers in the Employment Third “Other Workers” category, as well as the China and India Employment Second preference categories, has been escalating. No movement in those cut-off dates will be possible until the current level of demand subsides.

EB2_Jun03_dude
12-12-2006, 04:23 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/Visa_Bulletin_For_January_2007.html:( :( as usual

Jimi_Hendrix
12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
if you think we will get lucky please look at the history of retrogression. We know that unless we all start working on contacting politicians, creating awareness about issues among our friends and making them IV members; we will leave everything to chance. If you leave everything to chance, all you can do is accept what is given to you. If you twant to change your fortunes, you have to work for it, there is no short cut.

immilaw
12-12-2006, 04:49 PM
if you think we will get lucky please look at the history of retrogression. We know that unless we all start working on contacting politicians, creating awareness about issues among our friends and making them IV members; we will leave everything to chance. If you leave everything to chance, all you can do is accept what is given to you. If you twant to change your fortunes, you have to work for it, there is no short cut.

Well said.

qplearn
12-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Luck is probably the last thing we can hope for :(
The reason for this mess is H1B quotas were increased without increasing EBs. Maybe this is what we need to tell politicians. Or else remain forever on EADs or H1B extensions.