PDA

View Full Version : Change in Reporting Manager while PERM is in process

nda050325
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi,
There is likely to be a change in my reporting manager. My current reporting manager will still be in the company in a new role, but I will be reporting to a new manager.

My PERM application (LC) was filed in mid Jan '09, and is still being processed. I would like to know if this will affect my PERM application in any way.

Nothing else has changed since i took up this position, same title, salary, location etc.,

I have not found much info on this topic and so, decided to post this question.Thanks in advance for your replies.

fromnaija
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Nothing else has changed since i took up this position, same title, salary, location etc.,

Position, title, location and job description are the important variables as far as PERM is concerned. It is your manager's circumstance that changed and not your job situation, so your PERM should not be affected.

FinalGC
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Make sure that your new reporting manager is aware of your GC process. I had a manager earlier, who midway through my LC process decided he will not support the GC, since he was not my manager who hired me, since i was moved to another group, after my LC was filed...........If needed go up the ladder for buy-in

nda050325
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
fromnaija and FinalGC
Thank you very much for your replies.