PDA

View Full Version : new PERM


ksvreg
03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Can you please advise whether it is a good idea to look for a new job with employer who can do PERM in EB2? I know this is not a good time but want to get your advise too. I am not sure how long I have to wait in EB3. EB2 seems promising at least up to the priority dates of 2005. I have Masters from USA and 3 years post experience. Current employer will not do EB2 due to their policies. I am on EAD.

Hmm,, while composing this email,,my self thought about a minute on Job looking in a small vs big company. Earlier days, it is easier to deal with immigraiton matters if it is small company. Now it seems to be tough with small companies. With Big companies, they are in the radar of DOL because everybody knows the layoffs. First of all, I am sure it is not easy to get new job and also not easy to convince/request for PERM filing...

But,, please advise. THanks.

poorslumdog
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Can you please advise whether it is a good idea to look for a new job with employer who can do PERM in EB2? I know this is not a good time but want to get your advise too. I am not sure how long I have to wait in EB3. EB2 seems promising at least up to the priority dates of 2005. I have Masters from USA and 3 years post experience. Current employer will not do EB2 due to their policies. I am on EAD.

Hmm,, while composing this email,,my self thought about a minute on Job looking in a small vs big company. Earlier days, it is easier to deal with immigraiton matters if it is small company. Now it seems to be tough with small companies. With Big companies, they are in the radar of DOL because everybody knows the layoffs. First of all, I am sure it is not easy to get new job and also not easy to convince/request for PERM filing...

But,, please advise. THanks.

wait for some more time and see how the economy is doing. Based on that decide.

hindichinibhaibhai
03-19-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm in a similar situation, and I'm about to do the same thing. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the PERM labor approved these days? And is premium processing still an option for I-140?

Nil
03-19-2009, 02:32 AM
FYI,

my lawyer said that ALL cases being filed now will be audited. Is very disappointing to hear, but that is exactly what he said.

so if one has a strong case for PERM, maybe worth taking the risk.

gcformeornot
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm in a similar situation, and I'm about to do the same thing. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the PERM labor approved these days? And is premium processing still an option for I-140?

days its may be taking more than year for PERM. 140 premium processing is open only for certain cases (like people in the 6th year of H1).

hindichinibhaibhai
03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
days its may be taking more than year for PERM. 140 premium processing is open only for certain cases (like people in the 6th year of H1).
Thanks for responding.

ivar
03-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Can you please advise whether it is a good idea to look for a new job with employer who can do PERM in EB2? I know this is not a good time but want to get your advise too. I am not sure how long I have to wait in EB3. EB2 seems promising at least up to the priority dates of 2005. I have Masters from USA and 3 years post experience. Current employer will not do EB2 due to their policies. I am on EAD.

Hmm,, while composing this email,,my self thought about a minute on Job looking in a small vs big company. Earlier days, it is easier to deal with immigraiton matters if it is small company. Now it seems to be tough with small companies. With Big companies, they are in the radar of DOL because everybody knows the layoffs. First of all, I am sure it is not easy to get new job and also not easy to convince/request for PERM filing...

But,, please advise. THanks.

I would say Hang on with your current EB3 for sometime before things get better, PERM is taking more than a year, chances of getting audited are more, denial rates have gone up (my perm got denied) this is not a good time for new PERM but its personal decision you can give it a try if you like to take that risk. I would say just try for new perm after a year in EB2 and than port your Priority date. I assume you have EAD so you have a back up. People with H1b extension are having problems these days.