PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all those members who attended the conference call

admin
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks to all the enthusiastic members who attended the call today(Feb 26th). The number of people who attended the call were far more than what we had expected. We hope you are now more convinced about Immigration Voice and it's cause.

As explained in the call, we do need more people to come forward and help us in many of the teams that we have. If you would like to work in any of the following teams, please send an email to the email id listed next to it.

1) Membership - jay@immigrationvoice.org
2) Meet the lawmakers - pratik@immigrationvoice.org , anurag@immigrationvoice.org
3) Publicity & Media - sunil@immigrationvoice.org
4) Liaison - aman@immigrationvoice.org , shilpa@immigrationvoice.org

Given the response that we had today, we will try to make this as a regular feature of Immigration Voice. And definitely with a better conference calling system.

Please let us know of your feedback here about the call and Thanks once again.

MerciesOfInjustices
02-26-2006, 08:56 PM
No, Thank You!
Yes, I think that all of us will be better prepared in muting and un-muting our phones!
Membership - great suggestion - try to actually get retrogressed indivduals talk themselves about how it affects them, and then they make the case for joining IV!
Meet Lawmakers - great point to establish relationships with lawmakers / their staff
Publicity - will wait as things unfold
Liaison -great work in establishing contact with USINPAC & AAPI
Great beginnings!
I cannot believe all the effort that you guys are putting in! But, we will put in our bit as things move!
The absolute take home message - LOBBYING IS TOP-DOWN APPROACH, WHILE IV MEMBERS REACHING LAWMAKERS & OTHER GRASSROOTS EFFORTS ARE BOTTOM-UP APPROACH; THEY ARE COMPLIMENTARY, NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE!

mjdup
02-26-2006, 09:14 PM
As MerciesOfInjustices said - thanks to the core team ! you guys are the best, I wish participants in future will refrain from using cell phones, if possible. Looks like it causes lot of static - either way the mute and un-mute option should resolve this.

Topics covered and time management was absolutely great ! Hardwork pays off.