PDA

View Full Version : Can we sue discriminating employer

gcseeker2002
12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I am one of the unfortunate Indians with EB3 PD 2004 hit by retrogression, for which I consider my previous employer responsible. My previous employer, one of the largest telecom companies in this country , hired me in 2001 and despite repeated requests did not apply for gc citing possible layoffs which never occured till i quit, however employees in similar title in other locations who joined in 2001 in the same company got their LC applied in 2001 and got their gc by 2004 by when I quit them. This I consider is discrimination for which all of us (about 20 Indians) were victims of. Can we all file a discriminatory case against this employer, is it of any use, has anyone done this, pls share.

senthil1
12-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Actually employers sponser gc based on future permanent job. They can very well tell that they do not have one to appl gc for you. You can sue but that may not stand in courts. Sponsering gc is wish of company. Nothing much you can do but you can still consult Attorney.

I am one of the unfortunate Indians with EB3 PD 2004 hit by retrogression, for which I consider my previous employer responsible. My previous employer, one of the largest telecom companies in this country , hired me in 2001 and despite repeated requests did not apply for gc citing possible layoffs which never occured till i quit, however employees in similar title in other locations who joined in 2001 in the same company got their LC applied in 2001 and got their gc by 2004 by when I quit them. This I consider is discrimination for which all of us (about 20 Indians) were victims of. Can we all file a discriminatory case against this employer, is it of any use, has anyone done this, pls share.

GCSOON-Ihope
12-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Years ago, I wanted to sue my employer for a different matter (wages problem) but I did not do it for several reasons, following my immigration attorney's advice.
The main one being that I wanted to stay in this country and, therefore, I needed to find another employer!
I'll explain: you can be sure that employers hate employees that sue employers...
I have seen many hiring applications that specifically ask "Have you ever sued an employer?"
Before hiring anybody, many companies conduct a background check that rivals what USCIS requests when you file your GC. They even request your credit report! All that in your back of course.
What I mean is, even if your case is legitimate, beware of the consequences.
Whether or not you win your case is irrelevant: you might have big problems finding another job after that.
Make sure you weigh all the pros and cons of such an action.

boldm28
12-11-2006, 02:58 PM
u can sue after u get ur h1 filed by another company and oh -- yes
b4 u do that take all reference letters from ur previous company cause technically they can give u a hard time for giving refrence letters