PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to select a local lawyer for PERM?

jkamel5
04-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi,
I have 2 lawyers to select from. Both are good. One of them is the lawyer company (his office locate in the same city) which is the most expensive. The other lawyer is really good and his expenses is pretty good.

My question is that: Is it better to stuck with the company lawyer as he can handle the perm better. That may because he knows well where to advertise? Or it does not matter? I am just worried that the lawyer that live in another state will not know very well about the city and where he should advertise.

As anyone think, I also want to make sure that he does not over advertise such that we may get many applicants?

Please advise me if I should stuck with the company lawyer or it does not matter?
Thanks

ganguteli
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi,
I have 2 lawyers to select from. Both are good. One of them is the lawyer company (his office locate in the same city) which is the most expensive. The other lawyer is really good and his expenses is pretty good.

My question is that: Is it better to stuck with the company lawyer as he can handle the perm better. That may because he knows well where to advertise? Or it does not matter? I am just worried that the lawyer that live in another state will not know very well about the city and where he should advertise.

As anyone think, I also want to make sure that he does not over advertise such that we may get many applicants?

Please advise me if I should stuck with the company lawyer or it does not matter?
Thanks
Your lawyer cannot advertise. It is illegal. Your employer has to advertise. The lawyer works with your employer in the Perm process and your employer selects the candidate. So you do not control anything in the PERM process. Also, your employer needs to pay for Perm process and not you.

yestogc
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
See it does not matter who files, out of state or local. Main thing is if an RFE comes, will your company be willing to give him all details.............. you have to understand, with new attorney it is just you who is filing at the moment, so for just one case will the company give all his financial details (if asked for).