PDA

View Full Version : VOIDED Check for HUGE amount campaign

uumapathi
04-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Why don't we send a VOIDED check for a huge amount (depending on anyone's imagination) along with a letter something along these lines:

Dear Senator/Congressman/Congresswoman:

I appreciate what you do with your position and the good things you have so far achieved for your constituents. I would like to show my appreciation by donating to your campaign fund but the US Law does not allow me to do that since I am stuck in the queue due to Immigration backlog issues.

Sincerely,
What do you guys think?

jthomas
04-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Are you willing to execute your idea or its just a proposal for someone else to follow.

Execute it, let us know about the result and others will follow

saw a similar thread today about 1 Cent

Mani
04-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi uumapathy,
Aditionally, if possible, you should also request participants to mention the pending immigration bills (see pdnov2005 post).

Participants who own a home should caution the senators / congress representatives that they will consider foreclosure as an option if there is no quick immigration relief in sight. I am sure this will have some +ve effect.

Participants who don't own a home could let the senators / congress representatives know that they plan to be potential home owners if these bills are passed into law.

I strongly believe negative campaigning in this economy will produce better results.

like_watching_paint_dry
04-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Why don't we send a VOIDED check for a huge amount (depending on anyone's imagination) along with a letter something along these lines:

Dear Senator/Congressman/Congresswoman:

I appreciate what you do with your position and the good things you have so far achieved for your constituents. I would like to show my appreciation by donating to your campaign fund but the US Law does not allow me to do that since I am stuck in the queue due to Immigration backlog issues.

Sincerely,
What do you guys think?

I think they will respond by sending you your green card that has been punched and a huge VOID stamped across it. An attached note will read "TOO BAD"

uumapathi
04-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I think they will respond by sending you your green card that has been punched and a huge VOID stamped across it. An attached note will read "TOO BAD"

This is funny and I agree - you never know.

h1techSlave
04-23-2009, 08:22 PM

that was neat :)

ssdtm
04-23-2009, 08:23 PM
You might receive the response something like "GCs are not for sale". That will be most politically correct statement for a politician......and can be further twisted for political mileage.

hiralal
04-23-2009, 11:36 PM
we need a (one and only one)thread where we can discuss various options ..take a vote and then put all support behind the winning idea. (and those who oppose should come up with a better idea) ..and yes ..I am dreaming because all that we do is oppose and fight amongst each other