PDA

View Full Version : PD retained successfully

qualified_trash
04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
In August 2006, I was approached by a recruiter (for a fast growing software company) who was hiring for jobs in their Professional Services organization. My labor had just cleared the Philly BEC and I had my I140 processed using Premium processing. I took the new job with the understanding that:
- They would restart the GC process immediately
- They would do everything humanly possible to have USCIS retain my PD (Sep 17th 2003)

I just wanted to share with the group that after 2+ years of waiting for my PERM labor and I140, my I140 was approved from the Nebraska Service Center with the retained PD of Sep 17th 2003.

The date for my classification is not current and I cannot file for AOS. Just wanted to share this with the forum so anyone else in the same boat can look forward to good things happening as well.

Next post after I get to file my AOS and get an approved Greencard. Until then adios!!
Chargeability: India
Category: EB3

B+ve
04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Hello qualified_trash,
If you don't mind, would you please provide more details like Category is EB2, EB3 etc.. , which is your country of chargeability, and whether you have Masters or Bachelors etc.
Just curious to know whether NSC is considering these things while PD recapturing process a lot to determine the 140 processing time.

Thanks,
B+ve

gcdreamer05
04-13-2009, 06:32 PM
QT,

How did u retain your PD, when you filed your second I-140 what did you do to tell uscis that you already have another PD.

thanks

gcisadawg
04-14-2009, 01:48 AM
In August 2006, I was approached by a recruiter (for a fast growing software company) who was hiring for jobs in their Professional Services organization. My labor had just cleared the Philly BEC and I took the new job with the understanding that:
- They would restart the GC process immediately
- They would do everything humanly possible to have USCIS retain my PD (Sep 17th 2003)

I just wanted to share with the group that after 2+ years of waiting for my PERM labor and I140, my I140 was approved from the Nebraska Service Center with the retained PD of Sep 17th 2003.

The date for my classification is not current and I cannot file for AOS. Just wanted to share this with the forum so anyone else in the same boat can look forward to good things happening as well.

Next post after I get to file my AOS and get an approved Greencard. Until then adios!!

How can you retain PD when I-140 for your first application wasn't applied at all.
My understanding of PD porting is,

First labor - filed approved, I-140 for that labor is filed and approved.
Second Labor - filed and approved. I-140 filed with a request to use original PD.

Am I missing something here?

bluekayal
04-14-2009, 02:21 AM
please be careful. USCIS changed an I-140 and put my own prior labor's PD., and later afer 2 years, realized their mistake and rescinded it.
I lost a 2004 PD and it was to late to file an I-140 too as the rules changed, and the labor was useless by then. So please be careful.

How can you retain PD when I-140 for your first application wasn't applied at all.

Second Labor - filed and approved. I-140 filed with a request to use original PD.

qualified_trash
04-14-2009, 11:27 AM

I had my I140 cleared using Premium processing from my prior employer after my labor was cleared at Philly BEC. My original post did not mention this and I will fix it.

dallasdude
04-14-2009, 05:18 PM
That's awesome news. Congrats on your success. Hope more ports to EB2 happen in the near future.