PDA

View Full Version : Investment Club on H1

Naveen
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Anyone is running or a part of a investment club? Do you have any pointers for someone who is trying to start and run a Investment club while on H1B?

ganguteli
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Anyone is running or a part of a investment club? Do you have any pointers for someone who is trying to start and run a Investment club while on H1B?

You mean chitfund? :D

Marphad
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM

What is investment club?

Bpositive
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
any H1B can invest in US companies - public or private. nothing stopping a bunch of H1Bs to pool money together and invest in US companies.

crazyghoda
04-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Can you please define "investment club"?

Naveen
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/education/investment_clubs/article/101132/Investment_Clubs_and_Taxes

Please refer the link for full definition of an Investment club. As an individual you can invest and the earnings are reported on a 1099-R and 1099. But when you set up an Investment club it either has to be partnership or LLC or corp and need to have an EIN to report earnings. I am wondering if anyone who has such a club setup and running can share their thoughts -- more like a lessons learned session. Thanks in advance.

jthomas
04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
any H1B can invest in US companies - public or private. nothing stopping a bunch of H1Bs to pool money together and invest in US companies.

Better than having investment funds, we can have money transfer to and fro india. that would be more profitable as well as 100% assured compared to investing in stock markets.

there are few people who wants to get a big chunck of money from india by selling their property and moving permanently in US , whereas they are thousands who wants to send money in India.

I don't know whether this is possible. :)

Naveen
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I belive I have posted this in the appropriate section and I dont see what warrants reds on the post. Atleast explain yourself. Dont be so Juvenile.